Sissy!!!!! Bet any of your boys would be happy to dirty it up again.

Hey now! It's not the recoil, it's having to drag all the cleaning stuff out again. :D

Oh, RW, y'all left your pack of targets here. Remind me about them if you come down tomorrow.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jcochran88

He is not doing it right then. My dad would always pile all them in front of me and say i'll be back in a bit to check how good you got them. Never where clean enough for him but he I think it taught me a lot, shoot someone elses so you don't have to clean yours!!:D

He is not doing it right then. My dad would always pile all them in front of me and say i'll be back in a bit to check how good you got them. Never where clean enough for him but he I think it taught me a lot, shoot someone elses so you don't have to clean yours!!:D

Hmm...no kids, and I doubt I could train the dogs to do that...I do need to remember it, though. I've never shot a 91/30...:D

And there you were 10 feet from one today! I should have offered but if you haven't figured me out yet, my standing rule for people I have over or go to see is "If you don't know your welcome, your not"!

You should have grabbed that thing up and shot it! I don't think you would have noticed the extra barrel length but still...you would have another experience point under your belt.

Pretty good day. Got to shoot, got the parts for my chain saw I have neglected to get, got some cases deprimed and in the tumbler, CLEANED the guns....not fun but always necessary. Got to see a so so race and now watching Whale Wars and rooting for the japanese whaling fleet! These guys are dork terrorists, the worst sort!:D

And there you were 10 feet from one today! I should have offered but if you haven't figured me out yet, my standing rule for people I have over or go to see is "If you don't know your welcome, your not"!

You should have grabbed that thing up and shot it! I don't think you would have noticed the extra barrel length but still...you would have another experience point under your belt.

I wouldn't expect it to be much different. That said, if I go put another 50 rounds through my M44, will you clean it for me tomorrow? :D:rolleyes: I don't want to over expose myself to new guns, I'm already interested in XDs now. How will I ever build a Socom, if I keep spending the gun budget on pistols and milsurps, eh? :D

You need to shut down all gun purchases except those dedicated to the parts for the Socom! We will go bother McFlurry (Jcochrane88) and Bronker and borrow their guns to get our fixes on other weapons.

You can shoot the XD anytime. I want to wear it out so I can spend the dough on getting it refinished and get a new set of springs in it.

And don't worry about those targets. I left them because your shooting tomorrow and will find a need. Make em fire starting material.

You need to shut down all gun purchases except those dedicated to the parts for the Socom!

Actually, aside from ammunition or loading stuff, I haven't made any gun related purchases lately. Maybe I should?

The Socom sounds interesting, but I need to shoot one before I commit to buying the parts to build one. If only there was someone local that owned one, that might let me shoot it...:D

Guest Bronker
You'll get your trigger time, no doubt. I need to go ahead and load a batch up with Lil Gun and see how that works until I can find some H110.

McFlurry or Bronker can weigh in though and tell you she is a sweet ride.

(...as if on cue...)

Oh yeah...that SOCOM is a beast. Amazing trajectory in a 500g bullet! 250 yd gong shots all day long with a rest. Minimal recoil too. I was surprised by what it would do.

But my logic is...why should I buy one when my buddy has one? Plus, with the way me and RW run things with our ongoing little mini-swapmeet, I'm likely gonna own that gun at some point anyway! Just wait...he'll find something he's dying to have, I'll 'rent' the SOCOM at sale price for a time. Then he'll sell that, and I'll sell it back to him...

And the wheel, goes 'round!

We only buy guns now that we think each other may at some time want :D

I do love that socom...

No, no NO

I made the mistake of parting with SOCOM (we call it Sockem here) once!

Never again. You may shoot it, clean it, look at it, maybe even borrow it for a hunt weekend but it will only be sold when it comes to me eating and making a house payment. If it's that serious, all other guns will be gone already and I'll probably want to move in with you anyway.

Now the rest, yeah, we need to see what we want next anyway. Would like a old Enfield 303 Brit if I can find one. Something to share time and space with the Mosin's.

Guest Bronker
Didn't you tell me I need to make some space for you and the Mrs. earlier today? Does that mean I have a green light to buy the SOCOM? :D

If you do buy it, can WE be friends?

:D

Guest Bronker
Well if I'm living with you, then the Socom is defacto living with you too! Does that work?

I just love that hill your on. Your neighbors answering the shooting by shooting their own is pretty neat too.

If you're coming to live with me, you'll be down in that quaint little structure off the hill a piece, where the tractor was. Sockem, however, I'll clean him out a warm soft spot in the Liberty Suite with his cousin Stag.

You got a sweet hill as well. If I were to move into that little dwelling below the masters villa on the hill, I would then be able to hunt from my bedroom and that would be kinda nice as well!

You all quit or I'll have the house up for sale next week!