Springfield XDs Owners check in.

Punisher84

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

warning, the following pics are not for the squeamish! i shot a stock 9 this weekend and started to like the slim grip without the hogue, so i took off the hogue and did some more stippling. i like the feel and the look, still might do the thumb grooves.

STP60140.jpg

STP60141.jpg

STP60144.jpg

STP60146.jpg

STP60150.jpg

Guest Phantom6
I've got an XD9 service that I really like, but my wife likes it, too:( I've been carrying a Glock 30 but the XD seems to fit my hand better. Is the XD45 grip much different than the XD9? I'm considering selling the 30 and going with an XD45.

You need to do what I did. My wife kept borrowing my XD-9 Service model so I bought her one of her own. Had that same arguement regarding my Kershaw Blackout too. Now we have a pair of Kershaws AND a pair of XD-9 Service models. Now I don't have to listen to her whine (about that).;)

I told her I was drawing the line there and that there would be no matching colored shirts with stupid little polo players or freakin' aligators on them. :)

BTW, I absolutely love mine. Concealable enough and runs smooth as butter. Only problem I ever had out of it was that I got in a hurry and accidently put my hand over the ejection port while reinstalling the slide back on the frame, depressed the breach end of the barrel just a tad and locked the damned thing open. Had to send it back to the factory to have them un-do my screw up. Springfield paid the freight both ways and fixed it for free. My gun was gone exactly 5 days. Can't get much better service than that! :up:

• 2 weeks later...

First 59 rounds with the new stippling. 9 to the head with 180gr HS JHP 3yrds, 50 to the body with 180gr blazer alm 10yrds. I love the grip, felt great to shoot, still need to work on the left to right of my front sight, but the loctite is working well to hold it in place, just need to find the middle :drool:

STP60379.jpg

I love my Xd40 sub, however I AM NOt happy with the finish (or lack of).:D I tried to buy a stainless slide from Srpingfield, no dice. I have had this gun since Feb 06 and have to have it refinished 2 times already.

don't get me wrong, it's a good shooter, feels good, and never the first failure of any kind, I'm just tired of the finish wearing off.

Sounds like you got a bad finish from the factory then. My bi-tone's finish is still in great shape after almost two years of use. And 6 months or so of daily carry. I wonder why Springfield won't replace the slide for you? I've always heard the customer service department is excellent about the XD line.