Already made the Database!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was huge outrage on this forum when this became known several months ago. The matter has not been discussed here for some reason since, guess everyone got bored with it, but I share your infamy.

There is a bill going through the legislature to seal those records. I have no idea what the status is. When it is passed the CA, will continue to post this database of EVERYONE IN THE ENTIRE STATE and most likely be grandfathered to do so. Regardless, they will fight it in court.

If everything goes as it should this may be the last time they update.

I could go on at great length about how this pisses me off, but the editor of the CA and Scripps-Howard have no concept of reality and are only in the business of creating news, not reporting it. Unfortunately, that means exposing law-abiding citizens for exercising rights granted by the state and categorizing us under a "Public Safety" topic complete with related articles of screw-up HCP holders.

Edited by Garufa
Oh... Meant to axe... Anyone know when there gonna HAVE to pull the plug on this Carry Permit database??? I still say publishing it is a load of crap. The Appeal should instead use their resources for good and not EVIL!:poop:

HB0959/SB1126 passed the house on 05/04/09, but there hasn't been any action on it in the senate since 04/01/09.

Guest bluecanary25
Just got permit back last month, and already made "famous" by the Kommunist Appeals database!! Holy :poop:!! They don't waste any time updating it! If only some other things that worth while were that fast and up to date!!

Not to be ugly,

but if you got your renewal....

you were already in the database.

If this is your first permit, I can only guess the kommunist appee-ill recently ordered a more current HCP database from Dept. of Safety.

That sux! :D

Just got mine early last month, and i'm already on there. Was hoping they would be forced into doing the right thing before being listed :-\

Hearing about them making the list public actually played a small part in pushing me into getting an hcp though.... Just cuz i don't intend to ever be intimidated by any underhanded pinko commie tactics.

Yea I made it on there too bunch a :(!

It only bothers me in that it is nobody's business, I doubt anyone is gonna use that thing to make a list of people to go and try to rob... at least not while we are home!

Edited by TN9mm
Guest JHatmaker

I wasn't on there last month, and now am on it. They must have done one last update before May 2nd. (It says the database includes permits issued before May 2nd)

Guest abailey362

love how we are in the "Public Safety" section with the sex offenders, hate crime, and FBI crime reports.

i'm in now too....wasn't for the longest

Same here. Got permit in mid-April. Noticed I was in there the other day. I knew I'd make it in before the legislation. Prior to my discovery, I'd already cancelled my CA subscription and sent them a nice letter why (mainly their posting of this database).

Hope their rag goes under soon!