Celebration of Liberty Presented by TGO, Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms

Read the first post in this thread and then vote.  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Read the first post in this thread and then vote.

• YES -- You can absolutely count on me being there
    • NO -- A meeting of this nature would be of no interest to me whatsoever

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kringle02
We need your feedback!

Attached to this thread is a poll. Please take a moment to vote and let us know if you would be interested in attending an inaugural TGO statewide conference later this year. :cool:

This event will...

• Be held in the middle Tennessee area, close to Nashville so that it is centrally located.

• Be held on a weekend.

• Involve food!

• Have guest speakers, potentially including members of Tennessee's State House and Senate, Tennessee US House and US Senate members.

• Potentially feature Nashville recording artists

• Potentially have representatives from the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action)

• Doorprize drawings

This event is being planned as a way for TGO members from across Tennessee (and elsewhere!) to assemble, meet each other and also meet the elected officials who are shaping policy now and will be shaping policy in the months and years ahead... and to meet in a semi-informal setting much like the old fashioned "Tree Stump" rallies of years past.

Your elected Representatives want to meet with you!

Would you attend? Would you attend for the cost of a BBQ sandwich plate?

Reply back quickly. I'm involved in some preliminary planning right now and we're trying to nail down a date either toward the end of Summer or the first part of Fall. But we need to be able to go back to some of the prospective special guests and show that a reasonable number of people will turn out for this.

Thanks! :devil:[/QUO will this be indoors or out just wondering and how should we dress will this be formal .I will be there and will bring as many people as possible .all i need is a time and a place please keep us informed

• Administrator
will this be indoors or out just wondering and how should we dress will this be formal .I will be there and will bring as many people as possible .all i need is a time and a place please keep us informed

The plan is outdoors, probably under a large tent. I'd say dress would be casual. We're still working out the details so stay tuned to this forum.

I'll come. I will also be happy to pick up folks along the way. Anywhere reasonable between Clarksville and the designated location.

While I am happy to pick up anyone, I would especially like to offer a ride to younger members that would not be able to attend otherwise.

Guest Synghyn

I'll try to come, pretty decent chance overall, depends mostly on work, but real god chance. And I'd be happy to pick folks up on my way up from Chattanooga.

Syn

Guest Crunchman

If it's in September, then there's a 95% chance we'll be there. I'm retired, the wife works Mon/Fri. If she can get off early enough on Friday, we'll drive up and spend the night. We've gotten the FNRA banquet over with, so nothing more planned, other than a week at her Mom's in Va. the last of June. Might try to get up a caravan with others in this area.

Guest Rando

I would love to do it( Yes here it comes) but most weeks I get Wed. and Sun. off so timing to my schedule with only a hand full of actual weekends in a year would be major hit or miss. I would without a doubt be there if it comes up on one of my weekends.

Guest BigShot

I'll be there if I can get a TGO hat that fits "Punkin Heads" like me...

so far just made for "needle heads" and "Banana heads" :D

Hey, just repeating what I read!!

• Administrator

I have updated the first post in this thread with some exciting new updates that I am only now able to publicly reveal. :bowrofl:

This event will be sponsored by The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms and will be joint production between these two well known and well respected companies and Tennessee Gun Owners.

The event is slated for October of this year. We are still working out the fine details and will announce exactly which weekend it will occur on very soon.

I'd like to thank Chris Barrett, his father Ronnie Barrett, and the fine folks at both The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms for sponsoring this event. I'm excited by the prospect of an amazing get together and am grateful for their generous support of not only TGO but of firearms owners in general.

Stay tuned!!!

Awesome!

A bit off-topic, but I had a very positive customer experience at The Outpost Armory last month. Bought a neat little Ruger LCP and was treated nicely, with respect, and by knowledgeable people. TGO cards were prominently displayed. Highly suggest patronizing this place of business if you are in the area/have the need. As you might guess, a very heavy Barrett influence therein!

Guest TurboniumOxide

It would be a good place to sharpen up those concealed carry detection skills. I would be there, any excuse to get the hell out of dodge for a day. Say when....

David, if I'm free that date in October, I'd be there for sure.

I do about a dozen big seminars a year, so I'm glad to donate the use of a very professional A/V system and a podium. We could use it for music, if desired, and/or speakers. I'll haul it and set it up. It'll fill several acres with sound, so however big this turns out to be will be fine.