Vacation funny story

my sister was vacationing in North Carolina this past week. During the day while she was at the condo with mom & pop, someone rang the door bell over and over and over.....she peeked out the window to see who it was, some fellow dressed in uniform with pest control can. she cracked the door and the guy says "pest control, i need to come in and spray". she says "wait one minute". she goes into her bedroom and retrieves her springfield xd-9, returns to the door, opens it and allows the fellow in. as he's passing her, she chambers a round and the guy almost freezes. she puts the pistol in her pocket with the butt end just sticking out. she followed him around telling him which rooms were occupied and to not enter and she said he couldn't get the bug juice sprayed fast enough. he was hitting baseboards, walls, carpet, anything & everything. she said he then made a very quick exit. I wonder if he had a wet spot around the crotchal area???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a little overkill but whatever.

being from out of town and she didn't know exactly who he was, can't say i blame her. anyway, i thought it was funny...

OS-my avatar is the Stanley Cup - the holy grail of hockey

Guest Glknknox

I guess I should have expanded on that post.

I repair air conditioning systems, in all sorts of places that the people don't know me or I don't know them.

Someone racks a gun on me, they can stay hot, I'll be walking out the door.

If I need to show them the G-19 on my hip (no racking required) maybe they could rethink the way they welcome repairmen (bug guys) into thier place, and I garuntee you this won't happen unless totaly necessary

Just didn't sound to smart to me.

I repair air conditioning systems, in all sorts of places that the people don't know me or I don't know them.

If I need to show them the G-19 on my hip (no racking required) maybe they could rethink the way they welcome repairmen (bug guys) into thier place, and I garuntee you this won't happen unless totaly necessary

as much as it sounds uncalled for, usually people know when a repair person is going to make a visit to their location. Maybe this was not a "funny" story as I posted. Look at it this way: Woman on vacation with mom & pop, someone rings the doorbell, doesn't identify himself "Hi, I'm so and so with abc pest control...I'm here to spray for bugs", just a generic uniform and bug can. now call me crazy, but this could have been anyone and not being given any advance notice of the visit, just didn't seem professional to me. I could see her fear, yet I also see your point. However, I guess my point now is: if you just show up and don't call ahead of time, don't expect a warm welcome. The bug man most likely would not have gotten this kind of welcome had he shown a little professional courtesy.

Guest Bronker
Totally off your topic, but what IS that avatar?

- OS

It's ok, Chief. No wonder you didn't recognize what it was. That thing has NEVER been anywhere near Tennessee. It stays in Detroit most years!

:D

Guest Bronker

A repairman that flashes his Glock on my front foorstep will have much more to worry about than a "rude welcoming."

That statement doesn't sound too smart either.

It's ok, Chief. No wonder you didn't recognize what it was. That thing has NEVER been anywhere near Tennessee. It stays in Detroit most years!

I'm afraid I feel about the same about hockey as soccer, which is to say, it's a little more entertaining to watch than shuffleboard.

- OS

Guest archerdr1

hockey is actually a pretty tough sport. Where else can you slide across the ice and at full force and body weight, slam someone into a thick piece of Plexiglass? I was taught hockey by a Canadian hockey player when I lived upstate NY (College)...hurts.

Getting past the thread drift, did the idea of calling the front desk and verifying the guys story ever cross anyones mind?

Or simply saying this is not a good time come back after we check out?

I'm afraid I feel about the same about hockey as soccer, which is to say, it's a little more entertaining to watch than shuffleboard.

- OS

fntncity posts

now thats not right......

I have to go with fntncityfatboy here. Shuffleboard is way more entertaining than hockey or soccer.

:puke:

Getting past the thread drift, did the idea of calling the front desk and verifying the guys story ever cross anyones mind?

Or simply saying this is not a good time come back after we check out?

Hindsight is always 20/20, but this probably would have been my approach.

Guest BritishShooter
my sister was vacationing in North Carolina this past week. During the day while she was at the condo with mom & pop, someone rang the door bell over and over and over.....she peeked out the window to see who it was, some fellow dressed in uniform with pest control can. she cracked the door and the guy says "pest control, i need to come in and spray". she says "wait one minute". she goes into her bedroom and retrieves her springfield xd-9, returns to the door, opens it and allows the fellow in. as he's passing her, she chambers a round and the guy almost freezes. she puts the pistol in her pocket with the butt end just sticking out. she followed him around telling him which rooms were occupied and to not enter and she said he couldn't get the bug juice sprayed fast enough. he was hitting baseboards, walls, carpet, anything & everything. she said he then made a very quick exit. I wonder if he had a wet spot around the crotchal area???

I fully agree that your sister should have fetched the Springfield before allowing the man in, but chambering a round in order to intimidate the guy? That I can’t agree with. If he was a BG there to do damage it would just notify him that she was armed and escalate the situation, rather than allowing her to maintain the advantage of surprise, and if he was just an honest guy doing his job then its just an unpleasant thing to do.

Sorry, but I can’t see any upside to her intimidation.

I fully agree that your sister should have fetched the Springfield before allowing the man in, but chambering a round in order to intimidate the guy? That I can’t agree with. If he was a BG there to do damage it would just notify him that she was armed and escalate the situation, rather than allowing her to maintain the advantage of surprise, and if he was just an honest guy doing his job then its just an unpleasant thing to do.

Sorry, but I can’t see any upside to her intimidation.

I agree 100%.

If I don't know the person at the door I don't answer it without my sidearm, but I keep it out of sight.

Guest SUNTZU
fntncity posts

I have to go with fntncityfatboy here. Shuffleboard is way more entertaining than hockey or soccer.

I hate it when I go to a boxing match and a hockey game breaks out. I love boxing.

the good citizens of the TGO forum have caused me to see past my warped sense of humor. I can now see this from other perspectives and obviously this was not the right thing to do. I have repented....my sister is a mean and cruel person, skilled in the art of intimidation. I am going to tell her she was in the wrong and if she ever does that again I'll tell mom.

- OS

fntncity posts

what's more entertaining than a bunch of high paid athletes swinging sticks around and hitting a little black thingy??? and what other sport can guys get into fights and the only punishment received is getting to rest for 5 minutes??? Geezz

Have no issue with the lady keeping the gun handy (and already chambered), but chambering the round after the man walks through the door? From what I have read from the Old West days, when a hammer was brought back and clicked, it was considered the point of no return.

I do make home visits and have a court order to back up why I am at the home. But I do have a professional relationship with the family and I shouldn't walk into a home and hear a gun being 'racked'.

Have had the situation looking for a kid on probation, who lived in the sticks and knew the family were gun owners, he walked from the farm with a .22 rifle. He as on his own property, no rule of probation against gun possession and didn't point it at me.

the good citizens of the TGO forum have caused me to see past my warped sense of humor. I can now see this from other perspectives and obviously this was not the right thing to do. I have repented....my sister is a mean and cruel person, skilled in the art of intimidation. I am going to tell her she was in the wrong and if she ever does that again I'll tell mom.

I'll meet ya in the middle. On it's face it is a funny story and I'm glad your sister isn't one of the women who run around with their head in the clouds just waiting to be victimized (here it comes) BUT, when she chambered a round by the guy it was a bad move tactically and maybe (depending on factors) even legally.

It's one of those stories you post not knowing how it will be received so you take a chance in posting it. There is a reason the Punisher84 classic tale "The night I almost had to shoot a hooker" story has not been published. I did what I did and it all worked out without any problems, but I didn't feel like having it picked apart and joked about here...at that time.

Anyway, I'd say maybe just tell her good job, laugh about it, but tell her to keep a round chambered and not make the Orkin man piss himself lol