Springfeild TN? Good/bad area?

Guest GunTroll

Guest GunTroll

I now someone lives out there. How are the schools? Crime,commerce,etc? I just put in an offer on a house near there. I believe it would be the closest town to me. I see Guns and Leather is a close gun shop. Any ranges near by for rifle? How about hunting? Any public land hunting opportunity? I couldn't afford a large piece of land for hunting. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

GT

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, overall Springfield is a pretty nice town. It has it's good areas and bad areas like most places, but it's pretty easy to tell where they are. The newer part of the city which is closer to Greenbrier where we are is pretty nice - alot of new buildings, alot of business's, streets are well lit, Super Walmart/Kroger, bout everything you could want is there. Then you cross the train tracks literally into the old city and it's mostly (but not all, still some nice areas and large, plantation houses around city hall and the library) your lower-income area or "the hood".

The Springfield PD is great, I'm good friends with the chief and one of their detectives. The crime isnt bad, alot lower than the majority of the area's around us like Goodlettsville and Davidson County.

There are alot of manufacturing jobs around here, Electrolux and Frigidair among them (unless Frig has changed into something else... shrug, never go to that part of town).

Plus, we're like 8 minutes down the road in Greenbrier!

Guest GunTroll

Thanks, I plan on looking you up when I hit town. Just hope they take my offer on the house. I keep getting told its a buyers market so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest boatme99

Welcome to Tennessee. I just moved here last Feb. from Florida. A big difference. It's beautiful here, lots of friendly folks, lots of open country, game everywhere. Let us know when you arrive.

Guest GunTroll

Thanks all! I think the initial blast of heat and humidity is gonna freak me out but I'll acclimate. Its gonna be hard to say good bye to the Rocky Mtns. Guess I just vacation here. If I befriend any of you well enough, I know some good hunting spots out here. Without the guide price tag either!

Guest GunTroll

You know I didn't even go into Springfield proper. My address reads city being Springfeild, but I map quested to Springfield and its like 10 min away. I think I'm in between Springfield and Pleasant view area??? I only have been there once. Talk about a difficult buying experience......Living in CO while trying to buy in TN. I also map quested my address to Guns and leather and its only ten minutes away as well.

Edited by GunTroll
wrong city
Guest GunTroll

Gunsmith. Or whatever I can do to put food on the table! Got a degree in gunsmithing. Maybe Metal Head and or his gunsmith Jeff will take a gunsmith into mold????? JK I got no expectations. I'll smith one way or another. Leaving CO on the 27th July.

Guest Swamprunner

Holy crap! A real live gun smith. Now I have another reason to visit Nashvegas! Welcome! You gotta come to East TN to see our butes.

It sounds like you are in Coopertown. If you are north of 257 it is Springfield if you are south of it and west of 431 it is Coopertown. All joke aside the speeding thing is no longer a factor. On the other hand if you just drive the speed limit you won't get a ticket. There are a few options for shooting rifles; the closest is Custom Gunsmithing, http://tncustomgunsmithing.com/index.html but it is small and changing targets might not be much fun. Next would be the TWRA range in Cheatham Wildlife Area. The facilities are okay but it is over an hour away and it can be interesting on the weekends so I am told. Another option would be the TWRA range, Montgomery County Shooting Range, http://www.tennessee.gov/twra/montgomerycomplex.html. It isn't that far away on the map but it is about a 2hr drive given the route you must take. I am sure you never experienced that in Colorado. There is a private range in Clarksville, Rattlesnake Ridge, http://www.rattlesnakeridge.org/CMP.html I have never been but it is kind of far away as well. I hope this helps let me know if you have any other questions.

Guest GunTroll

Well back to looking. No Springfield for me. House I put offer on was found to have significant termite damage.....got to pass on that one. Buying a home from out of state sucks! Well maybe I should say buying a home from out of state with no time or endless budget sucks! Once I buy a home I'm never moving or buying another!

When you get to Springfield. You have to go to The Second Amendment Gun Shop. GREAT GUYS that own and run the gun shop. I took my handgun carry class with them. I had a blast. I haven't been back since I took my permit class. Need to go back and shoot at their indoor range. gearyr

Look in the White House area. It is about 15 min from Springfield. I have lived here all my life. The schools are great and we have everything you need in a small town. Wal-mart, Kroger, good doctors and denists, places to eat. We are right off interstate 65 too. Check it out.

-Jason G

Look in the White House area. It is about 15 min from Springfield. I have lived here all my life. The schools are great and we have everything you need in a small town. Wal-mart, Kroger, good doctors and denists, places to eat. We are right off interstate 65 too. Check it out.

-Jason G

White House is a excellent area, interstate is right there for easy access to other areas and the place is just really nice. White House has come along way in the last few years as far as economics goes. It's becoming a pretty big hub.

Guest GunTroll

I need to be closer to 24 so my wife has an easier commute to her job in Clarksville. She took a job off of exit one. Some school up there. She is a teacher. The place we were to move to put her in a good place to commute. Oh well. Back to looking. I just can't buy a home that a home inspector says has "significant termite damage" even thought the damage has been "supported". Too risky for me! We are looking in the Ashland City area now. Put her commute at about 40-45 min.