Taurus Slim

SavageSig

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

No, but I'm intriged as well. I saw the Slim in their latest product catalog, and it looks pretty interesting, especially since it's 9mm.

How slim is the slim? Less than .9"?
How does it compare size-wise to a SIG 239?

I can't find any definitive dimensions on the Slim other than the overall length of 6.24".

Here's a quick rundown of what I do find:

SIG P239

Length: 6.6"

Width: 1.2"

Height: 5.1"

Weight: 29.5oz

Kel Tec PF9

Length: 5.85"

Width: 0.88"

Height: 4.3"

Weight: 12.7oz

Taurus Slim 9

Length: 6.24"

Width: ?

Height: ?

Weight: 19oz

Based on pictures and the numbers above it seems reasonable to guess that the Slim will fall somewhere in between the PF9 and the P239. Say 0.9ish wide. I've been told they have a double stack 9mm that comes in at 1" wide, it would seem they could get their single stack under that.

Franklin Gun Shop had a blued one last nite. I do not recall the price I am guessing about $475+. I think it was about $75+ more than the Kel-Tec PF9 $399. Fit and finish looked good. as previously noted about 0.5 inches longer than kel-tec pf9 and about the same height

I hope someone here gets one and posts a report. I can't afford squat right now, but it's on my look see list for when I get back to positive cash flow.

I hope someone here gets one and posts a report. I can't afford squat right now, but it's on my look see list for when I get back to positive cash flow.

I'm eager to see a hands on report as well. I imagine it kicks quite a bit, but I wonder if it's as worse as a S&W snubbie loaded with .38+p.

Guest bkelm18
I'm eager to see a hands on report as well. I imagine it kicks quite a bit, but I wonder if it's as worse as a S&W snubbie loaded with .38+p.

You can't really compare the recoil of a revolver and a semi. All other things being equal, the recoil of .38 special +P would have quite a bit more kick than a 9mm.

You can't really compare the recoil of a revolver and a semi. All other things being equal, the recoil of .38 special +P would have quite a bit more kick than a 9mm.

I shot a P-11 side by side with a S&W snubbie loaded with .38 158 grain +P hollow points. The P-11 just hurt to shoot. The S&W had massive amounts of recoil, but I suppose the grip was better and it didn't hurt to shoot.

I shot a P-11 side by side with a S&W snubbie loaded with .38 158 grain +P hollow points. The P-11 just hurt to shoot. The S&W had massive amounts of recoil, but I suppose the grip was better and it didn't hurt to shoot.

I shot a Keltec PF9 with just range ammo. It was pretty much equally nasty as light weight snubbie with .38+p.

However, my Kahr PM9, about the same size as the Keltec is MUCH gentler than either the PF9 OR the light weight snubbie with +p.

So, the model of the gun, not just the size and type, figure in significantly. So I guess I agree with Bkelm, and even farther. Just no sweeping generalities of comparison possible.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
more, duh, thoughts
Guest Linoge

Huh. It seems as though Kahr and Walther have managed to start something of a movement...

That said, I still like the interchangeable grips on my PPS - something the Taurus does not appear to have, though it is $100+ cheaper.

so what is this comparable to ? keltec pf9? what else, cuz the keltecs are ugly IMO. and i never really cared for taurus

That's like saying a wrench is butt ugly. So long as it's compact and packs a big punch, I'm interested.