What do you consider accurate

What group size do you consider proficient at 3 to 5 yards , 10 yards, 15 yards and 25 yards with a carry gun. I know some of you can shoot 1 ragged hole with guns but for combat accuracy what do you strive for.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the others said, if you can hit the target you're doing alright.

Personally, I like to be able to constantly make head shots at all distances you've mentioned. I don't look for tight groups, just want them in the head. If I'm able to do that, I should be able to hit close enough to POA to get the job done.

Guest grimel

Fist size groups are good. At 3, 5, and 7 yds if you are shooting much smaller groups you need to be shooting faster, beyond 7yds, you can slow down enough to put them where you want them; just do it quickly.

For a carry gun...The answer can not be given by how small your groups are, but how quickly, safely, and efficiently you can put them there.

However for a good pistoleer...it you can put the first shot (every time) on a pie plate at 50 yards standing you are a decent shot.

For a carry gun...The answer can not be given by how small your groups are, but how quickly, safely, and efficiently you can put them there.

However for a good pistoleer...it you can put the first shot (every time) on a pie plate at 50 yards standing you are a decent shot.

I like that answer,its as close to the truth as a person can get.

Less than 15 yards without sights I strive to put the rounds in center body mass.

Past 15 yards and you are target shooting….. whole new ball game.

To test the accuracy of a specific gun I want to see it shoot at 25 yards.

Guest mustangdave
Less than 15 yards without sights I strive to put the rounds in center body mass.

Past 15 yards and you are target shooting….. whole new ball game.

To test the accuracy of a specific gun I want to see it shoot at 25 yards.

I'm with DAVE on this....I want to inflect DAMAGE and DROP the BG...not shoot for groups

Guest proudsuthrner

i would say center mass with every shot is good for me. whether it be the center of the face or chest. both will get the job done