Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride

Will You be attending the Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be attending the Mid-Tenn TGO Motorcycle Ride?

• Yes, I will be by myself
    • Yes, I will be bringing a guest
    • Yes, I will be bringing 2+ guests
    • No, I won;t be able to attend because my moped is too girly for you guys

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can throw a gas can back there.

I keep a fire extinguisher in the cab too...just in case.

Just had the last part hit me....! YIKES I could be the reason we need that thing!

I think its all good, I never saw or smelled gas while riding, just when it had been parked for a while. Weird eh?

Still a good idea though. I can throw a can in there 56 but mine all leak !

Seriously, they are just old and don't have tops anymore.

Just had the last part hit me....! YIKES I could be the reason we need that thing!

You, me, the mom and two kids on the side of the road; nobody's immune. I had a International semi tractor catch on fire sitting in the shop one night with nobody around it. Battery cables had rubbed the frame, and just shorted out and set the insulation on fire, which caught the underhood insulation. Glad we were there when it happened. Anyway, I keep an extinguisher in all the vehicles now. Actually need to get another one for the work truck.

I've got a couple of 5 gallon cans, I can throw one in the truck. Need to fix the floor first, or it may just fall through and hit the ground. :)

I have a friend that is planning to go and maybe his wife, but they will be on one bike.

We'd love to have them along.

Update on my Bike:

Even though the previous owner already installed a jet kit, I decided to have it replaced with a much better quality kit. Konrad had it Dynoed pretty darn good, but I wasn't completely satisfied. The current jet kit is some off-brand junk, and I'd rather know exactly what's in there.

The bike was initially scheduled to be completed by the end of the week, but with the changes I've made, it's looking like it will be the end of next week. Either way, I'm sure it will be completed long before the ride.

+1 Zillion for TNT Performance Dyno!

Got my bike back today, and boy does this thing run better. I thought it was running pretty well, but he was able to get me 4 extra HP and 6.5 ft/lbs of torque. Doesn't seem like much, but it made a very noticeable difference. It even sounds better.

I'm anxious to see how much of an increase I'll see on my fuel mileage. I suspect I'll see an extra 5-8 mpg.

If you don't mind a newbie (shooting, that is, second riding season for me) riding along, I'm up for it. I've only lived in Mid-TN for about 1.5 years now and I've been wanting to ride Natchez Trace. I'd love a chance to meet a few people and get some tips on ranges in the area, etc.

No pics handy, but my bike is a 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. +1 for the cruisers :P

Thanks. Looks like some storms could be moving out over the weekend. Hopefully the 30% for Saturday will get a bit better instead of worse. Weather sites are usually crap on forecasts this far out.

If you don't mind a newbie (shooting, that is, second riding season for me) riding along, I'm up for it. I've only lived in Mid-TN for about 1.5 years now and I've been wanting to ride Natchez Trace. I'd love a chance to meet a few people and get some tips on ranges in the area, etc.

No pics handy, but my bike is a 2009 Vulcan 900 Classic LT. +1 for the cruisers :koolaid:

Yes, we'd love to have you along for the ride.

Some forcasters are saying 20% and some are saying 30% chance of rain on Saturday. I don't generally start worring about rain until it hits at least 50% or so.

Heck, they are calling for 50% at 7am and Noon today, and I've yet to see a single rain drop as of yet.

ah i just saw this, i have to be at home for the kid since my wife is gone that day. I live literally 1 mile up the road from the start place too. Bummer! Have fun guys.

You guys have fun. If it were a bit closer i would like to come. I hear the speed limit on the Trace is 45 and heavily enforced. I am not a speed demon but Im not sure my Daytona will let me go 45 MPH for that long.

I've only soent about 100 miles on the Trace, but I didn't see any LEO's, and it didn't appear too many people were paying much attention to the speed limit.

We had guys/gals passing us from the other direction in a complete blur, and even a handful of riders from behind that had no issue crossing into the other lane to pass us.

I don't honestly recall the speed limits, but I think the speed limit increased to 50-55 after the initial 10 miles or so of curves.

The local news stations are now calling for 40%-50% rain on Saturday. It keeps fluxuating. I guess we'll make the final call on Friday night?

Yeah, sadly I don't do rain rides! I'm skeered of the rain on my bike. As I should be I think.

I have seen the LEO on the Trace many times. Most are in white pretty low key vehicles which are a little harder to spot until they are right on top of you. I was doing 55 headed north two trips ago and he didn't turn on me but he did flash his blues for a moment to let me know I had been noticed!

I've never seen them set up radar spots because they keep on the move but I won't be zipping on the Trace. Now Highway 64 is a whole different ball game!!! LOL