Kahr PM9 Unbelievable!

Guest Shooter5X5

Guest Shooter5X5

Wow. Just came from range to break in my new PM9. 100 rounds of cheap range ammo (Monarch from Academy) without a misfire. VERY accurate at 12 to 25'...no problem staying within 10 ring. At 45' pattern gets bigger but this little baby hits whatever you aim it at. All in a compact, light, easy to conceal 9MM package. I got the night sight model. Love it. Put a hogue JR grip on it (fits great) and the feel and balance are superb. Put several rounds of personal defense through it and it still has very little kick.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TurboniumOxide

I bought a PM9 about 2 hours ago. I am holding it and pointing it and racking some ammo through it. I am impressed. It feels familiar to my muscle memory. I bought a variety of ammo to put through it. Some of the ammo, specifically defensive hollowpoint, is having a problem stripping from the magazine without a forward assist. ( pushing on the back of the slide with my weak thumb ). This gun is known to require a break in of 200 or so rounds. THAT is going to be a horrible chore. :-)

After your post, I am eager to try it out.

I also bought an AR-10 with good glass.

Edited by TurboniumOxide
Guest Bluemax

I can't speak for the PM but I have a Mk40 that I really like. This is sacrelgious ( forgive spelling on that one ) but it's a toss up between the Kahr and my Sig 229 as my favorite gun. I really like the design and quality of the Kahrs

Guest SureShot308

I have a P380 that shoots the same way for the tiny gun that it is. I had problems with feeding defensive ammo in it when I first got it. But after 250 rounds it will eat anything that I feed it. That little gun goes everywhere with me. I will probably get a PM9 also, eventually.

Yep, really like mine, too.

Only reason I don't EDC it was I finally decided I felt more comfy with more rounds. But I still carry it in pocket sometimes.

Only failures I've ever had was with changing mags, and top round wasn't seated correctly in mag. They tend to jiggle loose, sometimes top round will come forward a little and nose down, so get used to checking them. This has been reported a lot from folks who carry spare mag loose in pocket, some have even had several rounds come all the way out of mag.

Also, it really IS a good idea to chamber first round by releasing slide stop, as Kahr suggests. At least until it's well broken in.

Kahr-Stellar-sm.jpg

- OS

Guest TurboniumOxide

I took mine to the range today and put 300 rounds through it. As long as I used the slide release to strip a round, it functioned fine. I tried FMJ and Several different expensive defensive HP and it was right on target. It is the shortest barreled handgun I own, so it took a few rounds to get it pointed where I wanted it, but it shot the middle out of all the targets. Very happy with it. The recoil was nowhere near as harsh as I expected, and by the end of the session I was double tapping inside the zone. After reading the horror stories over on glocktalk, I was worried, but I have to give it a thumbs up. Zero Malfunctions.

By the end of the 300 rounds, I could rack the slide and chamber any of the FMJ or HPs with no jams.

Oh yeah, I did a detail strip of the slide and cleaned the striker channel before I took it to the range. The serial is 1Bxxxx.

Edited by TurboniumOxide

I had the PM9 but traded it for a PM40, the PM9 was flawless but I carry 40's in my glocks and my CW40 so I wanted to be all 40's.

The PM40 I have now is the black slide model with night sights. I have been practicing point shooting more lately, and I have found that either of my kahrs point more naturally for me than my glocks, so I find myself carrying one of the kahrs more so than the glocks these days.

Guest m4coyote

The PM9 is my every day carry weapon. It has proven to be nothing but reliable and accurate for the two years I have owned it. Mine is the black slide & night sight model.

It makes being armed easy, and the PM9 goes where I go.

I picked up my PM9 on Saturday and took it to the range on Sunday afternoon. The manual specifies a 200 round break-in, but I put 268 rounds of WWB 9mm through it without so much as a hiccup. I expected a lot more recoil in a gun this small and light, but that was not the case. It was very controllable, light recoil. I'm not getting rid of my J-frame, but the Kahr is now a contender for primary carry.

I picked up my PM9 on Saturday and took it to the range on Sunday afternoon. The manual specifies a 200 round break-in, but I put 268 rounds of WWB 9mm through it without so much as a hiccup. I expected a lot more recoil in a gun this small and light, but that was not the case. It was very controllable, light recoil. I'm not getting rid of my J-frame, but the Kahr is now a contender for primary carry.

I knew you were going to love that Kahr. The trigger is so smooth, and will only get better with use.