Potentially Emotionally Dangerous Project

Guest jackdm3

Guest TackleberryTom

Life Is Beautiful: Sixx Am, that is a great song, my boys love it too and it was on a cd that I made for them. My wifes mother passed away and all the boys wanted to do was listen to was that song, not understanding why my wife didn't want to hear it.

I like the flobots song too, not one that I would think would have sentimental value, but I understand. I have always associated certain events, good or bad, with music. Some songs that are quite innocuous, have some very emotional attachments.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YouTube - "Here Comes Goodbye" - Rascal Flatts Official Music Video

YouTube - Martina McBride - God's Will

No videos, but how about these:

"One More Day" - Diamond Rio

"What Might Have Been" - Little Texas

"The Baby" - Blake Shelton

ANYTHING performed by John Berry (especially "More Sorry Than You'll Ever Know" and "When Love Dies" on his self-titled release)

And a BIG +1 to the following that have already been mentioned:

"The Dance" - Garth Brooks

"Don't Take the Girl" - Tim McGraw

"Alyssa Lies" - Jason Michael Carroll

"Skin" - Rascal Flatts

"TAPS"

"Amazing Grace" on the pipes (I'll be a wet, snotty, quivering mass-of-a-man during halftime of the UT Homecoming game...never fails)

:D

• 1 month later...
Guest jackdm3

Tackleberrytom,

You recommended Six AM's "Life is Beautiful" and I saw it on my PC when you posted, thinking is was so so, but I heard it on my wife's Bose car audio today and it was much better with the bass. Slightly chilling in the chorus. Thanks for posting.

This song came out while my brother was in the middle of his second tour in Afghanistan. Still brings me to tears every time I hear it, not just for him, but also for other brothers in arms that haven't come home in one piece.

Dean Brody - Brothers

"The Star Spangled Banner" - no explanation necessary.

"Proud To Be An American" - Lee Greenwood performed it live when we welcomed the troops home at Ft. Campbell after Desert Storm. Not a dry eye in the place.

As a retired Navy veteran, I get a lump in my throat when I hear them.

I always think of my friends and others that paid the ultimate sacrifice.

And yes, my eyes tear up.

God bless America!

Go Rest High On That Mountain - Vince Gill

YouTube - Vince Gill - Go Rest High On That Mountain

That was played at my Uncle's funereal and I still tear up when I hear it.

They also played it at my mom's funeral. Her birthday is next week. I listen to this song twice a year (her birth date and her going home date--two years this coming April) and let myself go. I won't watch it now.

"Lay 'Em Down" needtobreathe

"Garden" needtobreathe

"Thief" Third Day

"Over the Rainbow" the 'theme song' for our first adoption.

"House at Pooh Corner" Loggins & Messina

"Love, Me" Collin Raye

"The Little Girls" John Michael Montgomery.

X1

Played that at my adult son's funeral. I still tear up when I hear it.....He!!, I tear up when I think back 12 years.

oldogy

And I choke up when I hear taps.

Sorry about your son.

Taps sends chills down my spine too.

Been through a few military funerals.

Amen.............

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not the only guy that gets choked up by certain songs and I have to say instruments. The pipes and drums usually do it. As we get older certain things hold a more emotional value, so man up and admit to it.

Almost every song posted has a special meaning to me.

Thanks everyone for posting.

Guest Bluemax
The Dance Garth Brooks

Amazing Grace On the Pipes

A Pirate Looks At 40 Jimmy Buffet

Bring Me To Life Evanescence

Teddy Bear CW Mcall

Well it seems like we all agree on Taps and Amazing Grace, here's one that hasn't been mentioned, If you haven't heard it take a moment

In Color by Jamey Johnson

you should have seen it in color music video

Guest mustangdave

OK...this thread has gone on way to long...now back to our regularly scheduled MACHO Manliness...Anchors Aweigh...The Marine Corps Hymn...Ballad of the Green Beret...etc...CARRY ON!

Guest jackdm3

You need to start that thread. Personally, I find a little sadness in some of those because some of those guys go in expecting to die. Nevermind. Hoo-ah!

Edited by jackdm3