Cast bullet sale

Guest colrmccoll

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to clarify my earlier post. I admire and respect our Service members and former service members as much as anyone. I support the USO. I try to regularly thank them for their service to our country. I didn't mean to disrespect our fighting men and women in any way. I simply don't understand why a price for goods should change depending on who's buying them.

I see it as a way to say "If you don't belong to this group I approve of, bend over!" I believe most of us strive to help improve humanity in one way or another. To each his own I guess.

I guess you oppose ladies night at the pub also.

Guest colrmccoll

This is insane. Here you have a private individual running his own company and we have people bitchin' about how he sets his prices.

Get over it! If you don't approve buy somewhere else. Don't beat up on him. If he chooses to give away some of the product to a select group, ( i.e. older than 70 with the permission of their parents and living in elevations higher than 3500 ft) he has every right to do so.

I would expect members here to be an advocate of freedom and support those who exercise it.

This is insane. Here you have a private individual running his own company and we have people bitchin' about how he sets his prices.

Get over it! If you don't approve buy somewhere else. Don't beat up on him. If he chooses to give away some of the product to a select group, ( i.e. older than 70 with the permission of their parents and living in elevations higher than 3500 ft) he has every right to do so.

I would expect members here to be an advocate of freedom and support those who exercise it.

I was of the opinion we were having a conversation. I wasn't "beating up on him". I fully respect his freedom to conduct his business any way he wishes. I expect he likes feedback from customers and potential customers. He doesn't have to adjust his business model with every piece of information he recieves, but if he considers other opinions, he can filter through them and hopefully learn something he hadn't considered that might make him more successful. I never once said he didn't have the right to do as he sees fit. I simply offered a different point of view. I challenge you to go to the beginning of this thread and actually read it before commenting on it.

I see it as a way to say "If you don't belong to this group I approve of, bend over!" I believe most of us strive to help improve humanity in one way or another. To each his own I guess.

It's a pretty small discount. More of a gesture than a real deal maker. I really can't see why anyone would have a problem with that, but I guess it takes all kinds. Like you said, to each his own. He's not telling anyone to bend over, that's absurd. Nor is any company offering a discount for any reason to anyone.

Hard as it is for any business to keep the lights on and the doors open in todays environment, giving a discount should always be applauded. When it goes to active duty service folk and to LEOs, that is simply a statement of respect for their service.

A cyber tip of the hat to MissouriBullet for his actions.:chill:

Guest GimpyLeg

Ordered 500 ea. 9mm & .357 on Tuesday. Got them in today. We'll see how they load and shoot, but I am stoked. Seems to be reasonably priced and appear to be good quality.

Thanks to all who moaned and groaned about some business owner giving discounts as he see fit. :lol: May have missed the thread without it. It's one of the reasons I became a customer even though I don't qualify for any "special" discounts. Sure ain't gunna hold that against any business.

Guest GimpyLeg

Loaded up some of the .357 Action bullets into a lite .38spl load for plinking and for my wife to get more acustom to her S&W Airweight J-frame. Nice bullet, nice load.

.357 Action (158gr SWC) - Missouri Bullet

CCI SP Primer

3.2gr Titegroup

1.460 COL

Lee Factory Crimp

We'll work up a .357 mag load next. Looking forward to trying the 9mm, too.

I'll hop in on this ancient thread. If I have a business, and want to give a discount to one armed, beer drinking fat girls, I will! If you don't like it start your own business and give discounts to whomever you want to. :2cents:

• Administrator

Just an update...

I extended an invitation to Missouri Bullet to come and set up as a vendor or exhibitor at the Mid-South Guns & Gear Expo in December. The email that I received in kind was a simple "Not interested". After inquiring if they were not interested in December or just not in the event at all, they replied "Neither".

Understanding that it's a bit of a long haul, I also view their indifference to the event in context with the number of LARGE manufacturers who are traveling from several states away to participate. In that light I feel fairly justified in saying that I will most certainly be spending my money with those who spend theirs with the local economy. I'm just throwing this out there for those of you who might feel the same away about such things and might want to shop around some at the Expo and see who is selling ammo there instead.

YMMV.