Sub-Compact Suggestions - Here's a list of what I've been looking at:

zeitgeist

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to tick off any beretta folks, but...I used to have one of these:

70_elenco.jpg

it's a Beretta 9000s...pretty sleek, but that's about the best thing it had to offer. both it & the PX4 are all looks IMO. just can't stack up to some of the other guns on your list....

I wish you still had it, then I'd have a shot at selling you the original "disk" holster they made for it. :stick:

I used to have one too. Maybe I would have liked it if it had been the 9mm version, I had the .40 and hated it. Tough gun to carry too as they were thick and almost nobody made decent holsters for them. They sure do look nice though.

I wish you still had it, then I'd have a shot at selling you the original "disk" holster they made for it. ;)

I used to have one too. Maybe I would have liked it if it had been the 9mm version, I had the .40 and hated it. Tough gun to carry too as they were thick and almost nobody made decent holsters for them. They sure do look nice though.

hex-

I had the .40 too :D ended up giving it away to a friend who had no pistol...I don't miss it much. ;)

Just my personal opinion but I traded my Glocks ( except my 19 my wife wanted to keep it ), and bought XD's. I love my XDsc. My wife loves her G26, but I have short fat hands and the Glock 26 does not fit my hand, I have to slide my hand around to reach to trigger. I like Glocks but they do not fit my hand as well as a XD.

I handled the guns on my list today sans the CZ-USA.

Based on looks and how they felt I don't like the Beretta, Glock, or Springfield.

I felt they were too 'fat.' With that said, the reviews on the Springfield are numerous and the reliability looks to be like a Glock.

The Kahr is out because I feel it is overpriced.

I also felt the Walther and I really liked the feeling of it. A gentlemen at the gun shop was looking at the PPS and the Kahr PM9 and he went with the PPS. I will say, I like the smaller width of the PPS, I'm going to do some more research on the gun before I purchase though.

I felt they were too 'fat.' With that said, the reviews on the Springfield are numerous and the reliability looks to be like a Glock...

I also felt the Walther and I really liked the feeling of it....

As I mentioned, round capacity is the big trade off....if you're comfy with 6+1, then no worries. I wasn't, because of where I live and my lifestyle, so that's why I'm not relying on my Ruger revolver or Kahr PM9 daily.

- OS

As I mentioned, round capacity is the big trade off....if you're comfy with 6+1, then no worries. I wasn't, because of where I live and my lifestyle, so that's why I'm not relying on my Ruger revolver or Kahr PM9 daily.

- OS

I second that. Thin gun verses larger gun...as stated it's usually a trade off with either round capacity or caliber that suffers. I have a thin gun (Kel-Tec P3AT .380) for light carry days and my normal carry - the XD40SC.

The Kahr does seem nice but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I planned on getting it from Bud's because of free shipping and there is a lot of FFLs around Middle TN that have FFL for $25 +10 tics... but Bud's doesn't have the Kahr.

And I'm certainly not buying at Franklin Gun Shop... I just wanted to check out the guns but I'm not paying an additional $100+ plus tax. :screwy:

The Kahr does seem nice but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

I planned on getting it from Bud's because of free shipping and there is a lot of FFLs around Middle TN that have FFL for $25 +10 tics... but Bud's doesn't have the Kahr.

definitely don't buy the Kahr until you can handle one...nice gun, but a good bit smaller than all the others on your list. it's gonna feel quite different than the others... (also a bit over-priced, but that's just my opinion).

And I'm certainly not buying at Franklin Gun Shop... I just wanted to check out the guns but I'm not paying an additional $100+ plus tax. :)

yes, Franklin Gun is consistently $100 - $200 higher on their prices... that's why someone, (I think it was me :cool: ) already suggested that it would be worth the drive to Guns & Leather.... but hey, don't take my word for it; I'm sure some of the others have good things to say about G&L...?

My suggestion is to try to shoot as many of your options as possible before you buy. Last year I was in a similar situation. I didn't like the blocky look and feel of the Glock, but couldn't decide for sure what I did like. One of the local ranges had about 4 or 5 different 9mm pistols in their rental case. So I rented a lane, paid my $10 to rent, and shot a mag or 2 from each one. Originally I wasn't even going to shoot the Glock, but I still had some time left after shooting the others, so I bought another box of ammo and took the Glock back to the range. That Glock 26 felt better in my hand, and I shot it better than anything else I tried that day. So the next week I went and bought a Glock 26, and I've been very pleased with it. Now the range didn't have an XD so I haven't had the chance to compare those 2 head to head. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I have a Glock 26, and like it a lot. However, it's not the most comfortable weapon for ITWB carry. I also have a Kel-Tec P-11 that fit's nicely in the front pocket of my jeans. It seems that accuracy pretty much depends on the shooter, and how much training/practice they have. Pop lots of caps, and often.

Why do they call it common sense, when it's so uncommon? Tennessee Senator Fred Thompson

Thank you for the offer -

Does Guns & Leather have a selection of guns I can rent at the range?

yes, they've got a pretty decent selection, not sure exactly what, as I'm usually shooting my own stuff when I go in there...

I've also heard that if you're interested in a used gun, they'll let ya test drive it...

great folks to deal with...