Spikes Tactical going out of business?

TerryW

Is Spikes Tactical going out of business? Ordered(and paid for) some stuff from them in July and have been getting nothing but the run around from them ever since. I now have a totals of three calls just this week with the same MO. I get someone, they put me one hold and either don't come back or someone else picks up after a few minutes and asks what they can do for me. I am sticky nice every time. I am still waiting on 4 "we will call you right back's".

What gives?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JHatmaker

I think they are just really slow/backed up. But who knows. I've heard of several folks who waited months to get their orders(s).

I'd either call back and be "not so nice" or contact the Better Business Bureau. I assume you paid by credit card? You can try and dispute the charges, 4 months is a long time. When you ordered whatever you ordered did they say/show it was backordered or in stock (not that in stock means anything if their sight isn't up to date), just may help with disput.

Good luck man.

Is Spikes Tactical going out of business? Ordered(and paid for) some stuff from them in July and have been getting nothing but the run around from them ever since. I now have a totals of three calls just this week with the same MO. I get someone, they put me one hold and either don't come back or someone else picks up after a few minutes and asks what they can do for me. I am sticky nice every time. I am still waiting on 4 "we will call you right back's".

What gives?

I was thinking about ordering an upper from them but won't now. Thanks for the heads up.

It just seems either, piss poor business practice or they are getting money and putting people off till the inevitable. <--I hope not.

I understand sometimes "stuff" happens. They have told me from the onset of the order, "two weeks".

I got off the phone with lady in shipping at 3:05 central time and she said I'll call you back in a half hour. Now, it's 4:05 and they close at 5 eastern time.

Sad part is I really, really want that 7.5 Warthog upper.. :screwy:

Couldn't imagine they would be... I would think they (and everyone else in the EBR biz) sold the bejeezus out of some product for the 8 months following the election.

What I can't explain is how they just HAD to mark up the prices on their lowers after the election, but are some how selling them at $89.95 right now :D

Guest GunTroll
Couldn't imagine they would be... I would think they (and everyone else in the EBR biz) sold the bejeezus out of some product for the 8 months following the election.

What I can't explain is how they just HAD to mark up the prices on their lowers after the election, but are some how selling them at $89.95 right now :D

Well its "Capitalist greed" I tell you! Wait thats not what I meant. Sounds like something Micheal Moore would say. Supply and demand my friend. Supply is high right now. Demand is low!

Guest abailey362

i would try finding a retailer who can get the product vs ordering it directly if you have to have that particular piece. that is if anyone is still doing business with them

F*&k Spikes Tactical....

(There. I said it! :lol: )

If that doesn't speak volumes to Spike's dealer relations, I don't know what does :ignore:

So Joe, did they slash dealer pricing by 1/2 (half of their BS inflated post-election price, that is) as well? Did they crank out a metric butt-ton of lowers thinking everyday from here on out was going to be Nov. 6th or something?!

Guest Danne941

Dealt with them personally and had a super good experience with them, they forgot to send me one retaining pin with my lower and they next day aired it with a free T-shirt, not sure whats going on with your order?

I dont want to get on a rant, as it will get my blood pressure up...lol

Lets just say that once the last of my Spikes Tactical products have sold, I will no longer choose to carry their products....

does this mean you will make me a good deal on a lower?:)

Nothing like turning off a few potential customers....

I used spikes for my AR build.

There is a thread in the vendor section i think that details Joe's dealings with Spikes. They royally screwed him. Read the thread and you may change your mind on how you feel about Spikes as a company.

Yeah, I've also read more than one thread on M4c about dealers issues w/ Spike's in the past several months.

I've got my middy on a Spike's lower, and I like the lower (what's not to like about a lower though). I bought it because I really liked the HK-style pictogram markings.

That said, I won't be dissapointed if my next build is on a different lower.