Tennessee Representative Health Care Votes

Saw that most of our state's Congressional Representatives opposed this weekend's health care takeover vote:

Cooper (D) - "Yes" vote

Cohen (D) - "Yes" vote

Davis (D) - "No"

Gordon (D) - "No"

Tanner (D) - "No"

Blackburn ® - "No"

Duncan ® - "No"

Roe ® - "No"

Wamp ® - "No"

I've already written Copper to let him know that I was extremely disappointed in his vote, and that I would work to support his opposition in the next election.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOO that Jim Cooper sure Chaps my ass... I am going to write his office right now. He is my Congressman and i hope that we can vote him out ASAP.

I agree. I do not understand the apparent hold the Cooper has on this district. He needs to be gone. Cohen is a disgrace anyway; he will never be unseated until the real adults in the Memphis area get mad -- i hope that is soon. He is a disgrace to them and to Tennessee.

LEROY

I agree. I do not understand the apparent hold the Cooper has on this district. He needs to be gone. Cohen is a disgrace anyway; he will never be unseated until the real adults in the Memphis area get mad -- i hope that is soon. He is a disgrace to them and to Tennessee.

LEROY

What a POS... because he taught at Vandy he is "smatter" than the people that vote his butt into office?

"I am grateful to the thousands of Nashville-area residents who have shared their opinion on health care reform with me. Everyone feels strongly because health care is so important to our lives. Having read the pending bills and having taught health policy at Vanderbilt business school for twelve years, I have made the following decision:

I will vote yes on H.R. 3962"

I sent my email to his office. Short but to the point...

Dear Sir,

I am extremely disappointed that you voted yes on H.R. 3962. I expect more of my Congressman. Due to your yes vote on H.R. 3962, I will not vote for you in any future elections. I have many family members and friends that live in your district. I will voice my opinion of your vote to every one of them and urge them to vote against you in the 2010 midterm elections.

Thank you,

Thanks for posting. I'm glad to see that Gordon busked the system. I'm still voting against him, however.

For all those of you that have Gordon, Davis, or Tanner as a Rep, don't get fooled into thinking they really opposed the bill.

Nancy didn't require Democratic Reps that were in tight voting races to vote yes. That's why the vote was so close. Cooper and Cohen are viewed as having a tighter lock on getting re-elected and therefore were made to vote yes.

In other words, Gordon didn't "buck the system", he just got a pass in order to have a better chance to get re-elected. KICK his butt out.

My Rep is Cooper and I'll do my best to help kick him out. Not sure if we'll be successful but we'll try.

For all those of you that have Gordon, Davis, or Tanner as a Rep, don't get fooled into thinking they really opposed the bill.

Nancy didn't require Democratic Reps that were in tight voting races to vote yes. That's why the vote was so close. Cooper and Cohen are viewed as having a tighter lock on getting re-elected and therefore were made to vote yes.

In other words, Gordon didn't "buck the system", he just got a pass in order to have a better chance to get re-elected. KICK his butt out.

My Rep is Cooper and I'll do my best to help kick him out. Not sure if we'll be successful but we'll try.

+1... I wasn't able to go to Gordons townhall, but I did watch all of the video of it on Youtube and on the news. It is amazing to me that he was all for the healthcare bill in August and he saw how much people opposed it at his townhalls. In september he was still for it. I think he realized that if he voted "yes" that he would for sure lose his next election bid. I will not be voting for him in any future elections. He is a self serving P.O.S.!!! (sorry about the language)

Guest mustangdave
I think I have been spending too much time in the P.C. civilian world. Need to get back to the Goat Locker!!

You do know that there is a GOAT LOCKER Web site

OOO that Jim Cooper sure Chaps my ass... I am going to write his office right now. He is my Congressman and i hope that we can vote him out ASAP.

Part of Kingston Springs is in Coopers district and part is in Blackburns, I'm in the 7th.(Blackburns), but I'm still going to campaign against Cooper. We need to find a good educated, well spoken state rep to run against him. I'm not sure where Phillip Johnson lives, if he lives in the 5th. or 7th. but he would make a great candidate. Who ever runs against Cooper needs to get their name in the public as soon as possible.

Part of Kingston Springs is in Coopers district and part is in Blackburns, I'm in the 7th.(Blackburns), but I'm still going to campaign against Cooper. We need to find a good educated, well spoken state rep to run against him. I'm not sure where Phillip Johnson lives, if he lives in the 5th. or 7th. but he would make a great candidate. Who ever runs against Cooper needs to get their name in the public as soon as possible.

I will find out if Phillip Johnson is in the 5th or not... I have met him a few times and even played golf with him a few years ago. SUPER fella for sure.

I will find out if Phillip Johnson is in the 5th or not... I have met him a few times and even played golf with him a few years ago. SUPER fella for sure.

He would make a great candidate for U.S. House, don't know if he would want to move to D.C. though. I hope he responds to my e-mail soon, at least with an idea of someone who may be considering running against Cooper. I think Cooper is now realizing what a huge political mistake he made.

For years I've put a "vote against Bart Gordon" sign in my yard during election cycles. It's pitiful that the republicans have been so dead at the wheel in the 6th and 5th districts.

I think we do have a good candidate to vote for this next time around in the 6th. She's a constutionalist all the way.