New to TGO ........

Hello to all of you in Tennessee!

Fellow gun enthusiast here ........ AR15s, Glocks, 10/22s, etc........

My wife and I are 40 years old, we have a 14 year old daughter, a 10 year old son and a 9 year old daughter. I was recently recruited down from SW Michigan and moved the family to Oak Ridge, TN. where we are renting for a while until we find a permanent home in the right location.

Active member of Michigan Gun Owners, AR15.com, Glocktalk and Thehighroad with the same user name.

Looking for places to hike and camp along with state or private areas for outdoor shooting activities with the family.

The wife and I mainly shoot Bushmaster and RRA AR15s in .223, a CMMG AR15 .22LR conversion kit along with full frame Glocks in 9mm, .40 and 357Sig. My latest (semi) builds are an RRA 20" Predator Pursuit and an RRA 16" .458 Socom - both of which have NM triggers. I purchased the uppers, added optics and built the stripped lowers - so I guess these don't really quailfy as "builds" ........

I hand load for the .458SOCOM - so that's been pretty fun!!

I recently graduated the kids up to Ruger 10/22 rifles and the AR .22LR conversion (under dads strict supervision) so looking for fellow shooters in the surrounding area of Oak Ridge or Knoxville who may be able to point us in the right direction.

I would love to find someone with some property where I could take the kids to target shoot and possibly some small game and squirrel hunting down the road .............

Edited by FIRERESCUEO2
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Welcome from another Oak Ridger. For nice, pleasant "quickie" hikes, Oak Ridge has tons of trails. Definitely check out Haw Ridge Park over by the steam plant. Tons of trails. Unfortunately due to the lovely liberal nature of the OR City Council, they are off limits for carry.

Guest mikedwood

Welcome to Oak Ridge.

There is ORSA (Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association) that is $120 a year and has several outdoor ranges. From a pistol cal and .22 plinking range, 50 to 200 yard rifle range and also a 1000 yard competition range. Archery range and a fishing pond as well (don't eat the fish though) A great Bargain.

Welcome from another Oak Ridger and what Mikedwood said. There are several of us on here that are ORSA members. I took my wife's daughter and grandkids (11 & 13) there Saturday for their 1st time shooting.

Also I notice your screen name which makes me thing you may work for ORFD. If so their is at least one other member on here that I know of that is employeed there. I only know his screen name I don't actually know who he is. I am employeed by OR Public Works.