E. TN TGO shoot 12/19?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open to anyone. Its been rather informal the past few shoots. We generally go to the Norris range (outdoors). OhShoot is our resident keeper of directions, and Mike.357 will tell you what you need to do to get a key. Garufa will try and blow your shoulder out with his .45/70. 70Below will try and break your wrist with his .500 dinosaur killer handgun. SeaSlug won't show up. There will generally be steel plates to shoot at, as well as golf balls, soda bottles, and the occasional deer (I wouldn't shoot the poor thing, I think its retarded). Lots of fun...feel free to make fun of people. I might or might not be there, I never know.

Sun Tzu: 'Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.'

I hate it when I trip. :drama:

Thanks alot! I haven't got my own gun yet, but would enjoy meeting some of you, and maybe learn a thing or three from you guys. Doesn't that Norris Range operate on a membership basis?

Well, it's either $15 for one day, plus a key deposit and a separate trip back to the PD to get deposit back, or simply $30 for a year and you keep key.

Runs June 30th, not prorated, but joining now still gets you about 6 months.

Norris PD is open 24/7, and range is about 5 miles from town.

We've never had any "range official" up there, but they've stressed that non-authorized shooters could be fined for trespassing and he who abetted that lose membership, so wouldn't want to abet anyone sneaking in to shoot, although if you just wanted to hang out, probably would be fine.

Then again, you'd likely be invited to shoot something or other....matter of fact, if nothing else, I always have at least a couple of .22 rifles, you're welcome to shoot as much as you'd like with those.

- OS

Thanks! I may see about joining you guys for this. So I can go to the Police Dept. anytime to pay the fee?(for instance...on my way to the range) What about the range, is there certain hours it is open?

Yep, 24/7, really. They'll give you directions to range.

Range is daily sunup/sundown, hours not exactly specified.

It's closed for about 2.5 weeks during some hunt seasons in the area in Oct and Nov, but that's all done till next year's hunts.

Extended weather looks okay for the 19th, may be drizzly, but heat wave up to 50.

- OS

Good deal, I may see about joining you guys! Sure would be nice to hit the lottery between now and then so I could have my own gun to shoot....lol. ;)

Find a way to hide $10/week.

Almost everybody pisses away more than that.

In 15 weeks you can have a Marlin 60, in 20 weeks a Ruger 10/22, both great rifles.

- OS

Good deal, I may see about joining you guys! Sure would be nice to hit the lottery between now and then so I could have my own gun to shoot....lol. ;)

You DO need to invest 10 or 12 bucks in shooter's earmuffs right away, though if you're gonna hang around at any range.

- OS

Find a way to hide $10/week.

Almost everybody pisses away more than that.

In 15 weeks you can have a Marlin 60, in 20 weeks a Ruger 10/22, both great rifles.

- OS

I'm already saving for my 9mm ;)

Are there any certain kind of ear muffs/plugs that are best?

I do have a box of these....

Ear+Plugs.JPG

Are there any certain kind of ear muffs/plugs that are best?

I spent a whole $1.99 for some ear muffs from Northern Tool Supply. They work fine and the ringing in my ears is not really that bad ;)

Mike.357 will tell you what you need to do to get a key.

The information OhShoot supplied is spot on

I might try to make it if I'm in town. Still debating on the Gun and Gear Expo :D. I joined a couple weeks ago. I got so tired of the TWRA range in Knoxville...all the rude range guys, more than one shot per minute was "too fast"...lol Plus they just close whenever they feel like it, and that always seemed to coincide with when I wanted to go..lol

Met some cool guys there last Sunday. I was wondering about bringing beer kegs and other fun targets. I guess it's no biggie as long as you clean up everything and don't leave a mess huh?

I might try to make it if I'm in town. Still debating on the Gun and Gear Expo :D. I joined a couple weeks ago. I got so tired of the TWRA range in Knoxville...all the rude range guys, more than one shot per minute was "too fast"...lol Plus they just close whenever they feel like it, and that always seemed to coincide with when I wanted to go..lol

Met some cool guys there last Sunday. I was wondering about bringing beer kegs and other fun targets. I guess it's no biggie as long as you clean up everything and don't leave a mess huh?

The Guns & Gear Expo is this weekend (12-13) so you can do both.

It's hit or miss with the guys at John Sevier. I've never had a problem with them but some others around here have.

I would be happy to destroy a keg for you. Full or empty. :D But there is a no alcohol policy there so if you're one of those unlucky types who would cause the Man to come up there and he sees that thing you might have some extra 'splaining to do. :P

I think as long as everything is cleaned up, as we always do, and nothing extra stoopid goes on to agitate some other shooters, it's all good, in a not supposed to do it but nobody cares kinda way

Edited by Garufa

I got bitc**d at first time I went, had a FTF so I was strongely bi**hed at for breaking my gun down and "waving all around and at everybody". Cranky ole SOB!!! Only been back once or twice.....now I go to norris and its full of cranky ole SOB's!!!! Just kidding, its a good place to go, great bunch of guys (at least the one's I've meet so far) and I'll make plans for the 19th. As previously stated, if you want to just come and hang out, you might be able to accidentally discharge someone's pistol or rifle---oh i forgot, there is no such thing as an accidental discharge of a pistol or rifle.....:D