E. TN TGO shoot 12/19?

I got bitc**d at first time I went, had a FTF so I was strongely bi**hed at for breaking my gun down and "waving all around and at everybody". Cranky ole SOB!!! Only been back once or twice.....

Almost everybody eventually has a range nazi tale from John Sevier ...my fav was when 70below and I, with earmuffs on, were cautioned to quit talking so loud: "hold it down - people are trying to shoot here". Wow.

- OS

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up as not a big fan of the TWRA range in Knoxville. It's a nice range and all but I only go there reluctantly. Some of the SRO's let their authority go to their heads. Range Nazi's would be a more appropriate title for them I think. I have seen some things that are really over the top.

i got chewed out there once for holding a revolver vertically to eject shells. Keep in mind the pistol never was vertical until the cylinder was hanging out of the frame. :rock: And it was not so much being corrected for allegedly unsafe handling but the way it was handled. Screaming and yelling at me is not going to get a favorable reaction.

I much prefer Norris where all the shooters watch out for each other.

i will try to make it on the 19th, once OS tells me we are going :D

Edited by Mike.357

i got chewed out there once for holding a revolver vertically to eject shells. Keep in mind the pistol never was vertical until the cylinder was hanging out of the frame. :D And it was not so much being corrected for allegedly unsafe handling but the way it was handled. Screaming and yelling at me is not going to get a favorable reaction.

You are suppose to keep the muzzle pointed DOWN RANGE AT ALL TIMES PERIOD. So if you are shooting a semi-a ftf means you have to keep the muzzle pointed down range, go to the side of the bench (and risk getting shot by the guy next to you) and unload, dismantle, etc your pistol, unless you are some sort of contortionist. If you are shooting a revolver, you must tie a string around the shell since muzzle has to be pointed down range......unless you have one of those cocaine pinky finger nails to help dig it out...:tough:

Almost everybody eventually has a range nazi tale from John Sevier ...my fav was when 70below and I, with earmuffs on, were cautioned to quit talking so loud: "hold it down - people are trying to shoot here". Wow.

- OS

I remember that day well...since it was my fault you got scolded. :D

The range was just called HOT. You and 70below were jabbering away about I don't know what at the next bench. I was all geared up to shoot but wasn't sure if it was time yet so I was staring at you guys trying to figure it all out. The Range Master saw this and then proceeded to shut you up. :P

Guest mosinon

John Sevier sounds like it really sucks. If I had started shooting there I'd probably would've quit the same day and tried to sell my gun to someone at the range.

Thanks to TGO I met OhShoot at Norris and learned a lot in a no pressure way. Plus everyone else who shows up there seems pretty all right. I suppose I shouldn't take it for granted so much.

John Sevier sounds like it really sucks. If I had started shooting there I'd probably would've quit the same day and tried to sell my gun to someone at the range.

Thanks to TGO I met OhShoot at Norris and learned a lot in a no pressure way. Plus everyone else who shows up there seems pretty all right. I suppose I shouldn't take it for granted so much.

So you're gona be there right?? :D

Guest mosinon
So you're gona be there right?? B)

I wish, weekends are bad for me. Plus, I'm still way too crappy to shoot with a bunch of knowledgeable folks. OhShoot laughs softly but I can't expect that kind of self control out of everyone.

Plus, I'm still way too crappy to shoot with a bunch of knowledgeable folks.

So how will you learn? Developing your own bad habits, or shooting with a bunch of unknowledgable folk?

I learn something most every time we get together. And believe me I get laughed at plenty. Well not as much as SUNTZU does but still.

Guest mosinon
So how will you learn? Developing your own bad habits, or shooting with a bunch of unknowledgable folk?

I learn something most every time we get together. And believe me I get laughed at plenty. Well not as much as SUNTZU does but still.

If it wasn't for bad habits I wouldn't have any at all...

Is Saturday still a go? I need to blow something up with the 3" Magnum Buckshot I bought today, try out the new Mosin M44 and let Mike.357 shoot my Bearcat...bought some .22 Shorts at Wally-World today just for it.

Edited by Garufa
Is Saturday still a go? I need to blow something up with the 3" Magnum Buckshot I bought today, try out the new Mosin M44 and let Mike.357 shoot my Bearcat...bought some .22 Shorts at Wally-World today just for it.

I (and Mikey, AFAIK) will be there.

I've got bottles of water to bring to blow up.

What time are you appearing?

- OS

I'll show up if I still feel like MOVING.

ASVAB Thursday and the first MEPS visit for my physical. Yaaaay waking up at 4:15 for an all-day physical!

Wish me luck.

You gotta define them acronyms before you use'm. Help a brutha out here....

Sounds like our young bud is getting a quite early start on joining up?

Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery

Military Entrance Processing Station

??

Noon sounds fine to me, btw.

- OS

??

- OS

My impression, after meeting him, was that he was already ahead on the growing up curve.

noon it is then

So OS can you come here by 11:15 to help load the plate?

Please bring the Bearcat, I will bring my SAS to compare them. I am going to do something to be able to set up platezilla, if it is really mucked up I will need help dragging the dolly out to the 125 mark. Gotta give the Garand and the AP M2 stuff a run at the plate.

Stopped to look for some 9mm and ended getting the only value box of Winnie .45 auto I have seen first hand in ages. No 9mm there but I have a little to feed the 995 TS with, so it is workable anyway.

And Cody remember to turn your head when you cough

??

- OS

Since I had to Google that gibberish I gathered the same. Just figured a young man in HS would know better. :P Just had to razz him a little.

CAS, if that is your path we (I) support you. :D

Open to anyone. Its been rather informal the past few shoots. We generally go to the Norris range (outdoors). OhShoot is our resident keeper of directions, and Mike.357 will tell you what you need to do to get a key. Garufa will try and blow your shoulder out with his .45/70. 70Below will try and break your wrist with his .500 dinosaur killer handgun. SeaSlug won't show up. There will generally be steel plates to shoot at, as well as golf balls, soda bottles, and the occasional deer (I wouldn't shoot the poor thing, I think its retarded). Lots of fun...feel free to make fun of people. I might or might not be there, I never know.

Sun Tzu: 'Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.'

I hate it when I trip. :P

Umm...I may actually make it out this time. Weather permitting, of course. Dan, if I show up and you're not there after that remark, there will be all manner of hell to pay... :D
Umm...I may actually make it out this time. Weather permitting, of course. Dan, if I show up and you're not there after that remark, there will be all manner of hell to pay... :D

I MAY show up as well. :P