Need to buy holsters, best buys?

Guest VAPOR1

I need to buy a leather holster for a Glock 23, a Walther pk380, and one for a LCP 380. Can anybody point me in the direction of the best buys? I haven't bought any holsters so I don't know where to look for good buys. I live in southern middle TN.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on how you want to carry, whether you want all leather, kydex, or a hybrid of the two. And how long you want to wait to get one.

Top of my head:

Galco and Don Hume are two popular "ready to go" for the most part,makers, mostly all leather.

My personal fav's are D.M. Bullard (about a month, shown in avatar) and TT Gunleather (6 months).

Other quality makers are Mitch Rosen and Milt Sparks.

Most popular leather/kydex makers are Crossbreed and Comp-Tac, quickly available. Cut rate similar maker is Kholster.

Expect to pay $50 - 100 (or more) for a good product, unless you'd be happy with a low end something like an Uncle Mikes.

High Noon is sort of an "in-between" maker, some folks really like their products, I didn't have any luck with one I tried.

Just to get you started, hope it helps, and I left out MANY,

- OS

Best Buys doesn't sell holsters, but they can probably hook you up with a new TV.

I've got a paddel holster from Galco for my G27 that is great. Very comfortable and you can adjust your carry angle to suit yourself.

Edited by tntnixon

I saw the best buy joke coming when I posted, thanks for not letting it go. You guys answered with some of the stuff I had considered and somethings I haven't considered. Thanks

Good info. from OhShoot. B)

All I can add is don't skimp on the holster......we see many students spend $ 400 - $ 700 on a quality handgun, ammo, HCP fees, training, etc. and then go out and get a $ 9 nylon one-size-fits-seven-models cheapo holster. The gun and the holster are a system...one should be equally as strong as the other.

Guest Muttling

I am fan of Bianchi and D.M. Bullard. Bianchi is mass produced and carried by a lot of poeple. D.M. Bullard is a guy in Texas who does exceptional work at very resonable prices, just google him.

If you have already gone through the drawer full of holsters figuring out what you like then its a lot easier to spend more money on a nice fitting holster. If your still working on the right holster for you try the For Sale on forums and save on hardly used holsters often for much less then new.

Once you know you can still watch for ones you like to pop up and grab them on forums.

I like Mitch Rosen express line holtsers for price and fit.

Kholster is the best value priced IWB holster IMO. Very similar to the Crossbreed and M-Tac, just not quite as pretty and much cheaper. Prices are increasing for the New Year, so get one now for the best deal. I love mine, it's super comfortable.

If you want to spend a little more cash on an all leather rig, I highly recommend K&D Holsters and Belts. Kevin at K&D is running a big sale right now and you can get an AWESOME deal if you order before 12-31. I have the Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB and it is just plain incredible. Very well made and comfortable. I just ordered a Maverick Defender and a belt from him as well.

Kholster is the best value priced IWB holster IMO. Very similar to the Crossbreed and M-Tac, just not quite as pretty and much cheaper. Prices are increasing for the New Year, so get one now for the best deal. I love mine, it's super comfortable.

If you want to spend a little more cash on an all leather rig, I highly recommend K&D Holsters and Belts. Kevin at K&D is running a big sale right now and you can get an AWESOME deal if you order before 12-31. I have the Thunderbird Defender IWB/OWB and it is just plain incredible. Very well made and comfortable. I just ordered a Maverick Defender and a belt from him as well.

Also note, Kholster is having their end of year sale. Each day the price rises. Today you can get one shipped for $35. Tomorrow, it may be $37, who knows. Ordered one for my Smith this morning.

I have a Galco concealed carry & royal guard, crossbreed supertuck, and Gould &Goodrich open top for my glock 30. The only one I use is the G&G. It fits the gun well and sits well on my hip. It is also easy to draw from the holster. The supertuck is also nice, and it is the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever had. I was really anti-kydex for an IWB until I used this one. I also have a few Galco holsters for my 1911. They are all really well made for the price. Don Hume makes a good holster. I have found that their quality varies from model to model. Highnoon holsters is also a quality custom holster maker.

I want a good custom holster from milt sparks or mich rosen, but I don't want to wait a couple months for one. I have been eying a Bullard. It may be my next purchase.

Ebay is a good place to scan for holsters. You can get a good broken in holster for pretty cheap if one pops up.

Here's the route I'm about to try. I'll let you know how it turns out. I have several handguns no one makes holsters for. I'm left handed to boot.

I would like to see how that turns out. It looks like a huge pain in the butt.

the original post is a bit old but i recently had a bad experience with shark tac and they will not answer emails nor do they post a phone number. My recomendations from personal experience are for kydex go with comp tac and for leather go with the holster store. i've ordered multiple times from both and will order again