Where to buy? and what?

Guest Baddawg865

Guest Baddawg865

Where is a good place to buy guns at around here?( East TN ) I have been to J Floyds in sevierville and checked out there stock. Just wondering if there is a better place i am missing. I am wanting to buy a new handgun, but haven't made up my mind yet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hi im drummer03

The gun shows are good to see whats available.If you wanting local to look thats permanent,also which i would for purchasing,i usually deal with Coal Creek.

There is a gun show this weekend at Chilhowee Park. That might be the best place to start if you're unsure of what you want. Samples of just about everything are available for drooling.

Well, really, there are two or three vendors there that sell many model new handguns at about the same best price you'll see at local stores, since they ARE local stores that just happen to travel.

T&T, for example.

Most all their new handguns are gonna be about same to +5 per cent of average local prices. Less, compared to some individual shops.

- OS

I would just come down to Knoxvegas and do some browsing. My favorites are Coal Creek, PDO and Randy's, but there's also WD, Gander Mtn.

Between those you should be able to find something you want, and if you can't you must be crazy. ;)

Guest Orionsic

Depends what your looking for..

But,

I'd say dont waste your money or time with local gun shops and shop online. Most of these places around mark up there products by 15-25%, then taxed..

Where is a good place to buy guns at around here?( East TN ) I have been to J Floyds in sevierville and checked out there stock. Just wondering if there is a better place i am missing. I am wanting to buy a new handgun, but haven't made up my mind yet. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Buds is my favorite gun shop, no tax, free shipping on most. Find someone with FFL to have it shipped to. They have all directions on site.

Handguns for Sale: Pistols, Revolvers

Guest sportster_77

I have also bought 3 guns from buds guns online had them shipped to gunnys in MArryville. Gunnys is friendy and don't seem to mind having the gun shipped there for a small fee.

Guest Baddawg865

Wow. I had no idea there were so many. I did check online and there are a lot of good prices. Now just have to figure out what i want to carry. Thanks again guys.

Guest Tom@GunDepot
Depends what your looking for..

But,

I'd say dont waste your money or time with local gun shops and shop online. Most of these places around mark up there products by 15-25%, then taxed..

This is something I just don't understand...........:ugh: I mean i understand saving money and all but you have to support your Local Gun Shop. If you don't then where are you going to have your Xfers shipped to??? Plus the guy on the internet can't help you break your gun down show you how to put it back together and answer any questions you have. Plus if you have a problem with your new firearm try getting them to call S&W or Sig or whoever to get your problem resolved, they will say the number is in the back of your owners manuel. Thanks for calling.

I say shop around local and find a Dealer that will work with you and one you feel comfortable with. I think you will be a lot more satisfied in the long run and you might just make a new Friend!

That alone has got to be worth an extra 2 or 5% :tough:

Edited by Tom@GunDepot
This is something I just don't understand...........:ugh: I mean i understand saving money and all but you have to support your Local Gun Shop. If you don't then where are you going to have your Xfers shipped to??? Plus the guy on the internet can't help you break your gun down show you how to put it back together and answer any questions you have. Plus if you have a problem with your new firearm try getting them to call S&W or Sig or whoever to get your problem resolved, they will say the number is in the back of your owners manuel. Thanks for calling.

I say shop around local and find a Dealer that will work with you and one you feel comfortable with. I think you will be a lot more satisfied in the long run and you might just make a new Friend!

That alone has got to be worth an extra 2 or 5% :tough:

You make a great point and are one of the dealers who will help a customer out. There are alot here in TN that will not...and they seem to be the ones in the metro areas.

Your shop is on my list of places to visit. ;)

Guest Baddawg865

That makes alot of since. I will shop local first. I have became well known at j floyds in sevierville. I don't know how much they know, but i tend to find out. :tough:

Guest Orionsic
This is something I just don't understand...........:shhh: I mean i understand saving money and all but you have to support your Local Gun Shop. If you don't then where are you going to have your Xfers shipped to??? Plus the guy on the internet can't help you break your gun down show you how to put it back together and answer any questions you have. Plus if you have a problem with your new firearm try getting them to call S&W or Sig or whoever to get your problem resolved, they will say the number is in the back of your owners manuel. Thanks for calling.

That alone has got to be worth an extra 2 or 5% :biglol:

Yes, that makes good sense.. I understand where your coming. Im putting my chips in that, you own or work for a firearms shop in town, as your status is of vender..

But fact of the matter is,

A profile gun store in Kansas has the same similar services as the one down the street and the one down the street has higher prices and you pay the state more money in taxes. This is what I love about the "free" market.

Buy through a distributor. Most distributors will be more than happy to get the problem solved with your pistol within the agreed terms of purchase, just like your (local) gun store. Ive had fine experiences talking with Les Baer on the phone, as well as, my family has, 20 years ago. Also, Im not insinuating that Ive had problems with any Les Baers.

Sorry, but i disagree you insinuating prices are 2 and 5% higher locally. I wish that was in reach, otherwise Id spend more of my dollars here in town. I respect your effort to promote good efforts from your shop. I really do. Although Ive never been to the Gun Depot, I can say other places around jack their prices up, more-than-likely, on ((most)), of their merch. Otherwise I wouldnt have bought any firearm I own online.

But you cant beat walking into a gun store wanting to walkout with a firearm in your hand, smelling the gunpowder down range, shooting with some buddies, and call it an afternoon.

I like Randy's Gun Shop in Fountain City, JFloyd's in Sevierville and Sevierville Indoor Shooting Range. He sales guns there. All three are good people to deal with. Of those three J Floyd's has the best selection, followed by Randy's and the Sevierville Indoor Shooting Range.

I don't much care for Coal Creek. They aren't the friendliest of people and the selection really isn't that good. Avoid Gander Mountain and Bass Pro unless they are running an sale on something you like. They are really proud of their stuff.

I need to get to Maryville and check out Gunny's.