Personal Defense Options Rocks!!!

Erik88

I stopped by Personal Defense Options located off Watt Rd yesterday and I was very impressed. Mike HcNabb was very helpful and professional and spent 30 minutes going over different options and even let me try out a few holsters... They are a small shop but they have a nice stock of Glocks, Springfields, Kel Tec, Kahr and many others. Their prices are reasonable and like most companies they offer a cash discount. I will NEVER go back to Cold Creek! These guys will have my business from now on and if you live in the Knoxville area you should pay them a visit.

their # is (865)777-1010

Located at 13701 Hickory Creek Rd.

Lenoir City, TN 37771....

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by Personal Defense Options located off Watt Rd yesterday and I was very impressed. Mike HcNabb was very helpful and professional and spent 30 minutes going over different options and even let me try out a few holsters... They are a small shop but they have a nice stock of Glocks, Springfields, Kel Tec, Kahr and many others. Their prices are reasonable and like most companies they offer a cash discount. I will NEVER go back to Cold Creek! These guys will have my business from now on and if you live in the Knoxville area you should pay them a visit.

their # is (865)777-1010

Located at 13701 Hickory Creek Rd.

Lenoir City, TN 37771....

Really?

When I was in the market for a springfield they were the highest price out of all the places I checked. Like nearly 80-100 dollars more.

Really?

When I was in the market for a springfield they were the highest price out of all the places I checked. Like nearly 80-100 dollars more.

That's strange, he did say they had recently marked down their prices on the XD subcompact so maybe they caught on.. He also said he would price match.

Really?

That's really strange, I bought my XD45 there and it saved me about 70 dollars. They are really great guys with the best prices in Knoxville that I have found. Are you sure you were looking at the Xd vs Xd and not the XD vs. XDm? There is about a 100 dollar difference between the XD and XDm. They crush gander mountain's prices, and coal creek can't touch their prices or customer service.

Though I haven't bought anything there, I tried, but the used gun I went back for had already sold, should have grabbed it as soon as I saw it.

Very nice folks there, you get a feeling you're really appreciated for walking in the door.

- OS

That's really strange, I bought my XD45 there and it saved me about 70 dollars. They are really great guys with the best prices in Knoxville that I have found. Are you sure you were looking at the Xd vs Xd and not the XD vs. XDm? There is about a 100 dollar difference between the XD and XDm. They crush gander mountain's prices, and coal creek can't touch their prices or customer service.

I am positive I got mine through a dealer that used gun genie.com and paid 499.93 for it plus 10.00 back ground check. He wanted 580.00 plus tax plus 10.00 tics fee at personal defense options and i asked if they price matched and he said no. I even gave the model number of XD9302HCSP06

which is for the stainless bitone xd.

Edited by Alpha7

Also,

Coal creek wanted 550.00 +tax +10.00 tics fee so still cheaper than pdo

Guest tnvolfan

As long as you are looking for a gun in the Knoxville area, you might as well go see the folks at Frontier Firearms, right off I-40 as you go west to Kingston, or go east to Alcoa Hwy and visit the folks at W. D. Sporting Goods. The bottom line is that you need to check prices at all these stores. Some have suppliers that give them better prices on certain gun makes, and some do not. I like to visit all these gun stores. They all have got good attributes, and sometimes you can make a deal and sometimes not. I have found that if you buy toward the end of the month, you can usually make a better deal. Cash always talks. The other thing is to check the tax rate of the county you buy in.

Happy buying!

As long as you are looking for a gun in the Knoxville area, you might as well go see the folks at Frontier Firearms, right off I-40 as you go west to Kingston, or go east to Alcoa Hwy and visit the folks at W. D. Sporting Goods. The bottom line is that you need to check prices at all these stores. Some have suppliers that give them better prices on certain gun makes, and some do not. I like to visit all these gun stores. They all have got good attributes, and sometimes you can make a deal and sometimes not. I have found that if you buy toward the end of the month, you can usually make a better deal. Cash always talks. The other thing is to check the tax rate of the county you buy in.

Happy buying!

They were the second highest on the xd right be hind pdo.

Has Frontier put some price tags on their guns? The last time I was in there you had to ask for a price. :)

They are also the highest priced dealer at the Knoxville shows, based on my observations.

Not that I have seen. I was just in there a couple weeks ago.

Yall are spending way to mouch money going to these places let me tell ya. If anything phantom6 in Oak Ridge can get you a better deal. He gave my dad 650 dollars on a trade in for a 1994 Colt Detective Special 38 snubbie, and 285.00 for a used Taurus M905 9mm revolver. My dad got a Public Defender, a box of .410 federal 000 buckshots, and a box of 45 colts along with a cleaning kit and only owed like 2.00's on the deal. My aunt owed 391.00 something for hers for her public defender, a box of .410 000 buckshot and a box of 45 colt. Mikes price on the public defender was 580.00 and that was the the fourth highest price around. However, he gave more for the trade in items that we had than anyone else offered so we took his deal. Frontier, and pdo and others tried to low ball us and not give us what the blue book says it was worth.

Edited by Alpha7
I am interested in buying 2 weapons. one is Glock19 ( I think everyone knows about this toy ;) ) and other one is pair of brass knuckles ( for the places where guns are prohibited ), Does anyone know a good place ?

Brass knucs are at every gun show of any size. Cheap.

You know it's illegal to carry them in TN, right?

- OS

Brass knucs are at every gun show of any size. Cheap.

You know it's illegal to carry them in TN, right?

- OS

Yup and instead of just being assault if you hit someone while wearing them it would then be aggravated assault which is a more serious crime. I think either way you would loose your permit.

Yup and instead of just being assault if you hit someone while wearing them it would then be aggravated assault which is a more serious crime. I think either way you would loose your permit.

Carrying knucs is Class A misdemeanor.

At the least, you lose your HCP upon conviction of any Class A 'meaner for duration of the sentence, including probation.

- OS