Brown Wins - Obermann Whines

Guest SUNTZU

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned over to MSMBC to watch the crying, and heard Chris Mathews spewing about how Emanuel had to do the "heavy lifting" to get Health Care Reform shoved through, opining that if the they failed to get it passed, every Democrat was in danger of loosing their seats this next November???? Is he from the same planet as the rest of us?

Of course not. Big O's "coat-tails" have helped elect Republican Governors in Virginia, New Jersey, and now the Kennedy Senate seat in just a few weeks. I suspect everybody in Congress is re-thinking their position on a lot of things tonight. A third of the Senate and the whole House is up for grabs in November. Might even pay some attention to the people who will give them their jobs back -- or not.

Guest moreland281

By GLEN JOHNSON and LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writers Glen Johnson And Liz Sidoti, Associated Press Writers – 7 mins ago

BOSTON – In an epic upset in liberal Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown rode a wave of voter anger to win the U.S. Senate seat held by the late Edward M. Kennedy for nearly half a century, leaving President Barack Obama's health care overhaul in doubt and marring the end of his first year in office.

Only taken people 1 year of One World Crap to start waking up.

now if we can only keep the trend up in the 12 toss up states later this year.

If only he were something other than a Democrat OR Republican, I'd see it as a ray of hope, too.

- OS

I am willing to give the Republican party another chance. I know that there are huge problems and corruption on both sides of the aisle, but I would like to see the party get back to true conservatism. The idea of a third party candidate is great, but I think it would just take votes away from the Republican and the Dem would win. Now is the time that we need to unite and vote out the offenders. The Dems are trying to force this health care down our throats, the Repubs are trying to stop it. That works for me at the moment....

I have plenty of complaints about the Repubs, their spending, etc, but I am willing to fix the party instead of scraping it. Tonight, the lesser of two evils has won, and I view it as a win for America.

To heck with that. Let the Republicans JOIN the Teaparty movement.

That would be even better! As long as it's a united front, we stand the best chance of getting back on tract. I just don't want to see us loose to a Lib Dem by 40%, 30%- Republican, and 30% Third Party

I identify myself as a Regan Conservative. I am a republican, but my values come before the party. I still think there is hope. I'm all for the Teapartys!!!!

"The Soviet Union had a single, entrenched, systemically corrupt political party, which held a monopoly on power. The U.S. has two entrenched, systemically corrupt political parties, whose positions are often indistinguishable, and which together hold a monopoly on power. In either case, there is, or was, a single governing elite, but in the United States it organized itself into opposing teams to make its stranglehold on power seem more sportsmanlike."

- Post-Soviet Lessons for a Post-American Century

Dmitry Orlov

People your age will be saying that in 2050, if indeed there are elections then.

- OS

OS, I understand what you're saying, and share some of your cynicism. However, I hope "we the people" root out the RINOs in November, and restore true Conservatism to the Republican Party. IMHO, we must not fall for the same trick (remember Ross Perot?) that gave us 8 years of Bill Clinton, and destroyed our gun rights. Let's not split the ticket, as this would surely give us more Obama in our lives. I have faith in the "common sense" of the American people, and I think they're telling the Republicans, "you had better not be a RINO...because if you are, you're out on your butt". I hope we see Republicans run and serve from a Conservative posture.

Got 5 Phone calls tonight from guys from Mass that I worked with for a long time. I was a Correction Officer in Enfield CT and worked with many who lived in Mass. Enfield CT has a bunch of Correctional Institutions that are very near the Mass line.

All the calls where the same in how much they HATE President Barack Obama and his administration. Great to here from friends who think the same way I do.......;)

Guest archerdr1

I would have loved to see a third party win that, however...his last name was Kennedy, not sure of any relation, but still... made me quite nervous! And, yes, I felt like I had just woken up from a second Christmas Morning. WOOT WOOT!!