OPEN CARRY

Guest Mad4rcn

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Caveman
I thought if the HCP badge was worn around the neck, the 5 gallon bucket of pepper spray, with hand pump, was required. Tell me where I'm wrong here...

:lol: Dude, it cracks me up everytime I see the previews for that show. He has the tactical holster for his spray and everything. And don't they use paintball guns now? That show is so ridiculous I can't stand it sometimes. :shake:

:lol: Dude, it cracks me up everytime I see the previews for that show. He has the tactical holster for his spray and everything. And don't they use paintball guns now? That show is so ridiculous I can't stand it sometimes. :shake:

No pepper ball guns there is a difference. Same principal just shoots pepper balls.

Guest Tn.Mitch
I Love to open carry. I usually wear a blue or black polo, tucked in to my BDU's with my gun on my hip and my HCP badge on my belt. I also drive my decommissioned Crown Victoria around while I open carry. I havent had any problems :koolaid:

HPIM0614.jpg

Thats how I roll too....:popcorn:

Just wondering how many people actually carry open and if they have had problems with LEO's.How do you feel about open carry and your opinions or pros and cons of open carry.

Uh oh..here we go. I'm gonna start the 9mm is ineffective thread next. Ha ha :koolaid:

Guest jackdm3

I found the exact color of toilet lid to match the bowl when I did my last rehab. Bought it at a plumbing supply place that kept the vintage green from the early 50s. It's a small shame, though. Bought a brand new lid to match the antique bowl, sold the house and found that within two weeks he took the whole thing out. Probably tossing the new lid. It wasn't my place to ask for it back, even though I still had the receipt and could have taken it back. If they didn't take it back, I would have kept it just on principle and I'd be sending it to you tomorrow.

Anyway, you CAN find a match. I think the box said Mint Green and they still make them today.

Guest faust921

Some folks are just contrarian. If the gun grabbers tried to pass a law to make it unlawful to conceal a handgun, these folks would be running to the stores the next day to get an IWB. O.K. a right you don't exercise is a right you don't have blah blah. How about putting the attention on making it illegal to deny an employee the right to leave a gun in his car in a company parking lot, repeal the ammo tax, repeal the $10 gun tax, or blocking State Rep. "locksmith fetish" Hardaway from advancing HB 2422?

There are much better ways to expand on the gains that have been made here. Do we really need to go out of our way to freaking out the soccer moms at the park?

... repeal the ammo tax, repeal the $10 gun tax, ..

Just a couple of comments:

Ammo tax goes directly to TWRA to help fund them...

$10 gun "tax" isn't a tax at all, it only reimburses the FFL who is charged $10 for the TICS background check by the state, this fee was set by the TN legislature.

- OS

I am a Metro Nashville Police Officer. I also have a TN carry permit. I don't need one (yet), but I have one in case I ever get disempowered. When people are robbing somewhere, they are like you and I, they are scared. Even if you have no intention of employing it, if they see a gun they may shoot you as a threat. Worse yet, they may be shooting at you, and shoot someone you love. You don't look cool with a gun on your hip, you look stupid. Be smart.

John

Guest Sgt. Joe

I think the Open Carry law in TN is excellent:D.....I dont have to worry about printing while concealing.:cool:

Not that I do but it is sure cool to not have to worry about it.

I do OC from time to time in the house, but will cover it even to go out to the car for something.

There may well at some point come a time and place for it....

Maybe a picnic or something dedicated to OC, I've heard of them butnever been to one, I may one day go and OC but other than that......

What Gun?:hyper:

YMMV

Guest biggun215

AS A POLICE OFFICER WHO WORKS ALOT OF SIDE JOBS AROUND THE MIDDLE TENNESSEE AREA I ADVISE HANDGUN CARRY HOLDERS TO ALWAYS KEEP IT CONCEALED. IF SOMEONE COMES TO THE PLACE I AM WORKING SECURITY FOR, WHICH ARE HIGH CRIME AREAS, I WANT TO BE THEIR FIRST TARGET. I HAVE THE PROTECTIVE VEST AND AM USUALLY IN AN AREA AWAY FROM INNOCENT CITIZENS. IF THE BAD GUY SEES ANOTHER PERSON WITH AN OPENLY WORN GUN, THEY MAKE THEMSELVES A TARGET. IF YOU HAVE A PERMIT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE TRAIN WITH YOUR GUN AND GEAR. AND I WOULD IMAGINE IF YOURE ON HERE YOU KNOW THAT. POLICE ARE REQUIRED TO TRAIN AND WORK IN STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENTS THAT TEACH US TO SHOOT ACCURATELY, THE GENERAL CITIZENS DONT TRAIN FOR THAT. THEY SHOOT PAPER ONCE IN A BLUE MOON.

... THEY SHOOT PAPER ONCE IN A BLUE MOON.

Biggun, unfortunately this also describes the average police officer. Far too many of them only fire their weapons once or twice a year at qualification time. If you're into statistics, look up the hit to miss ratio for LEOs in shootouts some time... It's quite pathetic at something like 15%, nation wide. ( only 15 hits per 100 rounds fired, on average )

One other thing... lose the caps lock. It's considered to be "yelling" to type in all caps on the 'net, and rude. Plus it's just damned annoying and hard on the eyes. :hyper:

J.

Guest clownsdd

no offense biggun "THE GENERAL CITIZENS DONT TRAIN FOR THAT. THEY SHOOT PAPER ONCE IN A BLUE MOON."...And what would explain the LEO's returning fire, emptying clips and not hitting the perps?

Guest clownsdd
I am a Metro Nashville Police Officer. I also have a TN carry permit. I don't need one (yet), but I have one in case I ever get disempowered. When people are robbing somewhere, they are like you and I, they are scared. Even if you have no intention of employing it, if they see a gun they may shoot you as a threat. Worse yet, they may be shooting at you, and shoot someone you love. You don't look cool with a gun on your hip, you look stupid. Be smart.

John

+10

Unless you live out West like Arizona where open carry is legal and people are use to it I would not do it legal or not. It just freaks out too many people, myself included. On the other hand at least you know they guy has a gun and you can keep your eye on him.

Welcome!

I prefer to CC, but I don't care if I print because I am within my right to carry. I don't intentionally try to print, but if it happens, I am not spooked if someone makes me. If I am just working around the house/yard I will OC because of comfort. I am lucky, all my neighbors are of the same opinion! I think the general public cannot handle OC. There is no point in stirring it up intentionally. OC in small doses over time will gain acceptance in the long run. In time, OC will become accepted, IF gun owners handle the situation in a calm, rational, manner with the intent to educate.

Guest danxd45
Welcome!

I prefer to CC, but I don't care if I print because I am within my right to carry. I don't intentionally try to print, but if it happens, I am not spooked if someone makes me. If I am just working around the house/yard I will OC because of comfort. I am lucky, all my neighbors are of the same opinion! I think the general public cannot handle OC.

I don't agree with this statement at all. I live in the same town as you and OC occasionally, and not once has anyone even noticed much less freaked out.

There is no point in stirring it up intentionally. OC in small doses over time will gain acceptance in the long run. In time, OC will become accepted, IF gun owners handle the situation in a calm, rational, manner with the intent to educate.

Now that I 100% agree with. Whick is why I think gun owners should OC from time to time. These anti's would be less freaked out by guns if they actually saw responsible citizens carrying them from time to time rather than only seeing/reading news stories about thugs with guns.