DA/SA 9mm?

Volzfan

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
What is the smallest DA/SA 9mm pistol on the market?

I'm curious too. I'm in the market for a 9 mm myself, and would prefer the DA/SA option. I've become quite interested in the CZ P07, though it's probably not the smallest on the market. I think it's considered a midsize.

• 2 weeks later...
Sig P239 is pretty close in size to the RAMI, but it's single stack

Mac

Heavier than the CZ, definitely heavier than the Kahr (IIRC, and I often don't). I had a 239 a while back (9mm), and the heft of it did make it very pleasant to shoot. It definitely did not have the punishing feel associated with pocket guns. The 239 was more capable than I am, and even a novice could shoot it all day.

I ended up trading it in on a new 229 - small increase in size and weight, and nearly doubled the round count. Plus, now I get to buy a tiny new pistol for summertime.;)

I am not sure off the top of my head re the dimensions, but check out the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. I own a Bersa Thunder .40 Pro, and I think it is a superb firearm for the money. I don't think anything in their line would be anything but excellent.

check out the Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. a superb firearm for the money. I don't think anything in their line would be anything but excellent.

+1......i looked at a Thunder 9 UC recently and was really impressed with it...dont know if its the smallest though

I think the RAMI wins in terms of weight and pure tinyness. I think the 3913 or P239 might be slightly slimmer, but only slightly.

If you're looking for a kick butt, concealable, tack driving, DA/SA, and hi-capacity 9mm pistol, the RAMI really can't be beat.

Guest stefanoworx

Bought a Taurus 709 Slim right after they came out. What a great pistol! I have run at least 250 rounds through it and have NEVER had a jam, fail to extract, stove pipe or any failure. I really like it, but it still was a little heavy for the pocket.

So I bought a LCP.

Not real happy with the performance, too many shells fail to extract.

I think the RAMI wins in terms of weight and pure tinyness. I think the 3913 or P239 might be slightly slimmer, but only slightly.

If you're looking for a kick butt, concealable, tack driving, DA/SA, and hi-capacity 9mm pistol, the RAMI really can't be beat.

I was out at G&L today but didn't see a RAMI.

The more I shoot/handle mine; the more I appreciate it.:drama:

Guest Brian@GunDepot

The SA/DA guns are usually a little bigger, but the smallest that I know of are (in no order):

1 - CZ 2075 rami

2 - Sig 239

3 - Bersa Thunder 9 compact

4 - Beretta px4 sub cmpt

The smallest 9mms on the market are the Rohrbaugh and PM9 in dao.