Weather UPDATE

Raoul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Paulie771
My co-worker finally made it from Nashville to his home in Manchester. Over 4 1/2 hours. He says they have 4-5 inches of snow so far.

Wow, glad I marked off from work then. I work at the RR in Nashville and figured if I did happen to get there by 1430, I wouldn't make it home tonight. Glad I made the right call on that one.

ETA: 4" inches on the ground, starting to sleet in Eagleville.

Edited by Paulie771
Guest Sgt. Joe

Update Jackson:

After near an hour of snowball sized stuff coming down it has returned to normal flakes but is still coming although not as intense. Flakes are also starting to feel like they are turning to sleet.

Front yard in now solid 5'' while back is closer to 6.

Radar looks as if bulk of storm has begun moving more east than north and may well miss most of the middle area of TN and even some of the East end.

It also shows plenty more Precip. heading my way, but all should be gone soon as I see nothing behind it.

Guest BEARMAN

1740 and darkness has fallen, along with about an inch of powdery snow here in Jackson county, roads clear but wet, even the backroads are for the most part,clear of snow...probably will freeze soon...maybe Tonya Harding will be seen out and about, on her skates, and breaking legs!!! LOL! :D

...maybe Tonya Harding will be seen out and about, on her skates, and breaking legs!!! LOL! :D

So you're saying the police need to put out a BOLO for a chubby blond middle-aged knee-wacker? On ice skates?

Strange town you live in.... :D :D

J.

Comin down now,the grass is just about covered and about an inch on the back porch and stairs.My porches and stairs are all slate,with a busted arm it's going to suck pushin it all off in the morning.My son was home for the last snow and was a big help,now he is somewhere in the Red Sea.

stopped snowing here by 2pm and turned to sleeet/rain mix. mostly rain now but will get ugly when the temps fall. had maybe 1" of snow at my house. when my wife left work in tullahoma at 1:30(15 miles away) she said there was 4"-5" on the ground.

Took this at 1836 here in Clevegas.

P1294633.jpg

This is taken on the back porch table. Not a true measurement, since it sits really close to the house and the house blocks a lot of it.

And here's a picture from 3 minutes ago

P1294636.jpg

Edited by buck1032
add another picture