Weather UPDATE

Raoul

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 3 inches in S. Nashville now @1:50 measured on the railing of my deck. It is finally beginning to stick to the road in front of the house. It's a cul de sac so there is not a lot of traffic.

Edited by Volzfan
Guest Paulie771

3 inches at least in my front yard in Eagleville, SW of Murfreesboro, and still snowing. Radar shows a lot more on the way. Can't tell where the yards end and the roads begin on my neighborhood's road.

Just a few flakes here in Gray/Johnson City.I can see the mountains are snow capped and can see the snow like clouds.Another 30 to 45 min. away.

I had the propane tank filled incase we loose power,plenty of food,fuel in all vehicles,2 bottles of Patron and a full bottle of Goose Vodka.

LET IT SNOW!!

Guest jackdm3

"Damn! Snow-Zombies, never heard of them! Do they act different from regular Zombies? :ugh: "

They just move slower. Like they are killing you with spoons.

Layer of ice, layer of sleet, some snow, freezing rain currently, suppose to get snow later...I'm not going to hold my breath on snow. Disappointed. Jeep drives good in it so far, even the slush.

Guest tantrum

Hasn't really snowed much to speak of here in the big city of Hartsville, until around 1pm or so. Right now we have maybe 1" if that. Roads are not in too bad shape as of now.

Guest jackdm3
Hasn't really snowed much to speak of here in the big city of Hartsville, until around 1pm or so. Right now we have maybe 1" if that. Roads are not in too bad shape as of now.

And that's how she gets ya!

Guest Sgt. Joe
West, tn here. Its snow here... Ice began at about 6a.m. in north jackson/threeway. snow began at 9:30. got about an inch (aprox. stuck finger in it :up:) and coming down strong with Ice predicted this afternoon. roads are not too treacherous and haven't seen the first sign of a salt truck. lol no such thing as a snow plow in jackson I think lol.

YEP...I am near Cambell and I-40, just checked with measuring tape, front yard is 3 1/2 almost 4 inches while back yard is solid 5. This is on top of what looks to be 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice.

It is still coming down to the point I can not see the road from out the window. Very large sticky flakes.

From the looks of this yall in the middle and east are in for much more in the next day or so....

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/southmissvly_loop.php

If that dont load it is the National Hurricane Center....Great radar, the lower MS valley one will show what is coming and how fast. Plus there are all your local links and you can put it on auto update and watch it like it was entertainment:rolleyes: It is all I ever use and I am much more accurate than the folks on TV, also you can always see more than they will show you.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ Click radar and then composite loops

My old bones KNEW it was for real yest.:D

So long as it stays snow, no prob. any repeat of the winter of 93 Ice Storm will not be tolerated.....Of course I've always said that but just what would I be able to do?:ugh:

Note to self: Check into flying lessons and get Helicopter.:yum: