Mutt's Official Resignation

Guest Muttling

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Put the posts together, please.

I interpreted the implication from the first post as to mean that if I, (or anyone else for that matter), do not pay to be on a forum then I don't have a right to complain. I see Mike.357 saying essentially the same thing, and comment as such to him. Certain limitations have been placed on the non-paying members as it is, but simply visiting the site where advertising is happening pays the way, (so to speak), so if anyone wants me to pay to give an opinion then you're piss'n up a rope. If David wants to require payment to participate on this forum, (which is his right), then I'll treat it just like any other purchase decision and decide if the benefits outweigh the costs, (which is my right).

This brings up another question to David: what is the cost of benefactor status? I've sought but couldn't find.

Top, right corner is a link to Premium Memberships, or http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/payments.php.

Guest jackdm3
Put the posts together, please.

I interpreted the implication from the first post as to mean that if I, (or anyone else for that matter), do not pay to be on a forum then I don't have a right to complain. I see Mike.357 saying essentially the same thing, and comment as such to him. Certain limitations have been placed on the non-paying members as it is, but simply visiting the site where advertising is happening pays the way, (so to speak), so if anyone wants me to pay to give an opinion then you're piss'n up a rope. If David wants to require payment to participate on this forum, (which is his right), then I'll treat it just like any other purchase decision and decide if the benefits outweigh the costs, (which is my right).

This brings up another question to David: what is the cost of benefactor status? I've sought but couldn't find.

Top right. "Memberships"

It's under premium memberships at the top of the page. 20 bucks for six months, 35 for a year
Top, right corner is a link to Premium Memberships, or http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/payments.php.
Top right. "Memberships"

Thanks, boys. I paid because $35 is worth it to me, but it still doesn't make my opinion more valued than another's. :screwy:

P.S. I swear that I looked, but couldn't find it before.

Guest Bronker
Thanks, boys. I paid because $35 is worth it to me, but it still doesn't make my opinion more valued than another's. :devil:

P.S. I swear that I looked, but couldn't find it before.

Good Job, SW!

Now that your a Benefactor, you can say what you want, and there are no repercussions! It's part of the hierarchy around here.

I kid!:D

Guest HexHead

Sheesh, 12 pages of drama so far???

OP, if you're going to leave fine. I'm sure some will miss you and your contributions here. But the final "parting shot" is unnecessary. Nobody needs nor necessarily cares about your reasons. Anyone that does would eventually PM or email you to find out what's up. Problem with making a scene when you leave is IF you come back, you look like a chump.

If the day comes when I've had it, I'll just go without fanfare.

Sheesh, 12 pages of drama so far???

OP, if you're going to leave fine. I'm sure some will miss you and your contributions here. But the final "parting shot" is unnecessary. Nobody needs nor necessarily cares about your reasons. Anyone that does would eventually PM or email you to find out what's up. Problem with making a scene when you leave is IF you come back, you look like a chump.

If the day comes when I've had it, I'll just go without fanfare.

:D
+10000.

I say, don't go, just stay out of the political threads, that's what I have to do. Many of the offenders feel insulated 'cause they feel that in the company of gunowners and second amendment supporters they'll find no one with views different from theirs... sometimes you just need to remind yourself that unreasonable people just can't be reasoned with.

Talk guns, avoid the politics, and TGO is much more fun IMO.

+1 here.

I for one have not seen the particular thread being quoted here. I'd prefer to stay on the shooting topics myself. But sometimes it's a little thread-bare (pun intended). So I'll go over to the political ones and I've been kicked a time or two. A couple of times I deserved it.

Don't go.