Bill Maher

Maybe if that lake of fire was real youd be right.

Did you ever stop to wonder if you have the correct religon? Many are older and a few are newer than christianity. Who is to say which is correct?

The deity(ies) for all of the other religons also say they are the only one.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ever stop to wonder if you have the correct religon? Many are older and a few are newer than christianity. Who is to say which is correct?

And for each one, most of the population will be headed to the lake of fire because they aren't with the "right' bunch.

Leno makes jokes towards both sides, often about health problems.

There are plenty of 'public figures' on both sides that makes distasteful jokes like that...

You wanna use one distasteful action to justify another? The point is that it is all in poor taste.

I personally hate Bill Mahr. If memory serves me correctly he said some things about the Pope that were worse than this. His only real tactic is to get in the headlines by pushing the envelope.

Guest mosinon

well, not that I think laughing at a heart attack is a good thing but you guys are pretending this is a one way street.

"At 4 p.m. Sunday afternoon -- nine hours before the 1 a.m. vote that would effectively clinch the legislation's passage -- Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) went to the Senate floor to propose a prayer. "What the American people ought to pray is that somebody can't make the vote tonight," he said. "That's what they ought to pray."

It was difficult to escape the conclusion that Coburn was referring to the 92-year-old, wheelchair-bound Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.V.) who has been in and out of hospitals and lay at home ailing. It would not be easy for Byrd to get out of bed in the wee hours with deep snow on the ground and ice on the roads -- but without his vote, Democrats wouldn't have the 60 they needed."

Michael Savage was very tasteful:

Michael Savage plays Dead Kennedys song "in some respect for" Sen. Kennedy | Media Matters for America

And I can get you a million more. From either side.

It doesn't really matter, it isn't really how distasteful the comment is it is how funny it is. Sadly, Bill hasn't been funny for some time. Which is what usually happens when agenda goes in front of the job and the job is being funny.

Not exactly true. Christianity is the only one to claim exclusivity of salvation through one person that being Jesus Christ outside of works. All others are works based: Islam (claims same God as Christianity, Judaism, ect.), Buddhism, Taoism, Confuscism, Judaism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witness most atheist ............. The works of good/holy/right are all consistent in their measurement across the board. As a Christian if I am wrong, I would be allowed eternity in every other religion based on their own principles of works (Yes, even Islam. Read the Koran). However, if every other religion is wrong only the one who believes in Christ goes to heaven. The Atheist is 50/50. If he's right he's dead, if he's wrong he's in hell

Even a ignorant person could see those odds.:D Something to think about.:D

Back on topic. Their can be vitriol on both sides. Doesn't make it right or justified. You have to call them as they come.

...The Atheist is 50/50. If he's right he's dead, if he's wrong he's in hell.

Even a ignorant person could see those odds.:D Something to think about.:D

I must be really ignorant, as I've never discovered the knack of believing something I don't believe.

Surely the Big Guy would demand more than lip service, and would know if one is hedging his bet (as I suspect many a "Christian" does).

Harder to instill the spirit of heaven within a person than to simply scare the hell out of him. :D

- OS

I must be really ignorant, as I've never discovered the knack of believing something I don't believe.

Surely the Big Guy would demand more than lip service, and would know if one is hedging his bet (as I suspect many a "Christian" does).

Harder to instill the spirit of heaven within a person than to simply scare the hell out of him. :D

- OS

Can't argue there. You speak a lot of truth for someone who doesn't believe in it! (Just ribbing you OS):D