Fixed blade poll

Do you carry a fixed blade knife?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry a fixed blade knife?

• Yes. Everyday, everywhere.
    • No. That's crazy! I have enough stuff on me already.
    • Only when I'm hunting or in the woods

• Admin Team

I've been suprised after looking at several of the Everyday Carry Threads and Everyday Blade threads that have been going around recently to see how many fixed blades are out there.

I have a bunch of good fixed blade knives, but consider them specialized tools for the most part, and hence don't carry one everyday.

How many of you carry a fixed blade knife on a daily basis?

Feel free to post pics.

Edited by MacGyver
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I keepo acouple in the truck (SOG Seal Pup and a Cold Steel GI Tanto) but not on my person. I guess I just don't need a big fixed balde often enough to consider carrying somethign extra. As I said in the other thread, I've recently chosen to carry a lesser blade in the Gerber Crucial just because the small package allows more tools in the same allotted space. It's a compromise, certainly, but the positives outweigh the negatives for me. Always looking far ways to do more with less...

• Admin Team
I plan on picking up a RAT3 to carry. I prefer a fixed blade knife without serrations.

The RC3-Mil version is a plain edge. They're shipping now with nice kydex sheathes as well. I picked one up from BladeHQ recently and have been really impressed by it. It's not my get out of trouble knive like my RC5 is, but it is nice for most uses. I really like the finger choil on it. It makes choking up on the blade for delicate work really easy.

Guest SUNTZU
The RC3-Mil version is a plain edge. They're shipping now with nice kydex sheathes as well. I picked one up from BladeHQ recently and have been really impressed by it. It's not my get out of trouble knive like my RC5 is, but it is nice for most uses. I really like the finger choil on it. It makes choking up on the blade for delicate work really easy.

Thanks for the heads up. :slap:

Guest SUNTZU
I am pleased with the rat series. I have a 5 and 7 without serrations. I will eventually get a 3 too.

Been looking at the 5 for camping. 3 is for EDC. I've held a few at gunshows and have liked what I've seen so far. I'm rough on knives through use not abuse. I sing to them on their birthdays though. :slap:

Guest 10mm4me
You carry all those? You're like that guy in the beginning of Mad Max III. :shrug:

I don't carry any of them unless I'm hunting/camping. Just adding a little color to the thread.

I voted no that's crazy, but I keep one in my car, one at work, several at home. My EDC knife is a small Gerber folder and I think of it as a tool I use at work, not as a weapon. If I were to carry a knife as a weapon it would be a fixed blade, a folder is about like carrying a pistol with the chamber empty.

I voted no that's crazy, but I keep one in my car, one at work, several at home. My EDC knife is a small Gerber folder and I think of it as a tool I use at work, not as a weapon. If I were to carry a knife as a weapon it would be a fixed blade, a folder is about like carrying a pistol with the chamber empty.

Not with this guy:

kershaw_leek_1660_540.jpg

Guest mustangdave

I have a K-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife...on my belt small enough to EDC sharp enough to put a hurt on someone attempting to get at my pistol

• Admin Team

That's interesting. I definitely think of my multitool as just that, a tool. However, I also carry a Spyderco military or paramilitary, and while those also are tools, I definitely think of them as secondary weapons.. I would be comfortable deploying either of them in a defensive role, but can't think of a situatioin where I would go for a knife over my pistol.

I have a K-Bar TDI Law Enforcement Knife...on my belt small enough to EDC sharp enough to put a hurt on someone attempting to get at my pistol

I'm interested in where, and how you carry that knife. Maybe those of you who do carry can also include how and where. I don't have the option most days of going untucked, so I would either have to conceal it behind something or broadcast that I've got a knife. I would either have to keep my jacket on or find somewhere else to carry it.