Who had the bright idea...

...to give pedestrians the right of way?

Even though, why do people not look before stepping out into traffic? :screwy:

Went to coolidge park today and saw a woman nearly get hit by stepping off of the sidewalk with a baby stroller.

Then, as I was leaving I had a jogger step right out in front of me, on the same corner.

Damn idiots :whistle:

Edited by strickj
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should go to Rome. When I was there the only way to cross the street was to step out into traffic. If you stopped and waited for a break in traffic you would never be able to cross the street. The Italians only respected a complete lack of fear.

The one's that really irk me are the people who step out into the main drag in front of stores. They don't look, and then they take their time. Most times they mosey diagonally across the road so as to take even longer.

As my mother taught me, I always look both ways before stepping out from a store. In my ever courteous, always thinking of others mentality, when a driver gives me the motion to go ahead, I usually double-time it straight across. My way of saying thanks for slowing down, I'll not delay you any further.

Another sign of the decay of our society.

Even though, why do people not look before stepping out into traffic? :screwy:

Went to coolidge park today and saw a woman nearly get hit by stepping off of the sidewalk with a baby stroller.

Then, as I was leaving I had a jogger step right out in front of me, on the same corner.

Damn idiots :D

Strickj, you unknowingly entered to "Nexus of Stupidity" as my brother calls it. It extends from The Market Street Bridge to The Veterans Bridge. In this zone, everyone forgets how to drive and how to think in general. It's a d*mn miracle you weren't killed.

Guest jackdm3

These "people" aren't human anymore. You found them at the transition of turning ZOMBIE! They still retain human complexion and eye pigment, but inside their head they are developing that one-track mentally. Mommy is developing the hunger that, in a short while, only her baby will satisfy. :D And since this is a gun forum without any gun smilies (!?), you'll have to use this --> :screwy:

Brainerd Road is worse than Coolidge Park. Since I moved out here I have seen some of the finest examples of human stupidity anyone could ever hope to witness. My wife almost ran a man over because he was pushing a buggy down the middle of the road, at night. And I mean it was close, he had to dive out of her way. People are always standing in the middle of the turning lane at night. It is beyond ridiculous.

Guest Tygarys
"There's an app for that!"

That's the problem! 90% of people who have just walked out in front me have been yapping/texting on their phones!

Then there is this guy that dresses all in black and runs down the middle of the road against traffic, at night, somtimes in the left instead of the right lane. He always runs in the road, despite the existence of full sidewalks and bike lanes! He also does not wear any type of reflective vests, tapes, etc. The road I usually encounter him on has a lot of curves, so you don't see him until your right on top him. :D

And go not get me started on bicyclists! :D

Edited by Tygarys
Guest mustangdave
Strickj, you unknowingly entered to "Nexus of Stupidity" . It's a d*mn miracle you weren't killed.

I can only assume that this NEXUS is something of a WORM HOLE...cause they're ALL OVER the place

pedestrians don't have the right of way everywhere, contrary to popular belief. According to TCA 55-8-135

(a) Every pedestrian crossing a roadway at any point other than within a marked

crosswalk or within an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection shall yield the

right-of-way to all vehicles upon the roadway.

(:P Any pedestrian crossing a roadway at a point where a pedestrian tunnel or

overhead pedestrian crossing has been provided shall yield the right-of-way

to all vehicles upon the roadway.

© Between adjacent intersections at which traffic-control signals are in operation

pedestrians shall not cross at any place except in a marked crosswalk.

And 55-8-133 says that pedestrians are subject to all traffic signals.

That being said, I don't know where the situation mentioned in the OP occurred.

Edited by robbiev

Whatever you do, don't go to Denver Co.. Those bastards are nuts!!! Almost ended my vacation last year when I nearly clipped a few bicyclists while making right hand turns. Seems they have the "right of way" since I am the one turning, only the lane they travel in is on the RIGH HAND side of the road.......skeert the crappolla outta me.

Guest Caveman

Even though, why do people not look before stepping out into traffic? :P

Damn idiots :P

I have hit a person with my car before. I will not stop if they don't have the right-a-way. People think they can do what they want and everyone else will accommodate them. Not me, If I am driving and someone is merging and isn't speeding up or slowing down and doesn't have their turn signal on I will continue my same speed. If they happen to get run off the road I guess they will pay more attention next time. Same goes for pedestrians.

Edited by Caveman