Dear Glock, why so confusing?

Erik88

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one final note though, has anyone ever seen a G25 or a G28(ya you better go Google it) They make a .380 but I've never seen one.

I've never seen one. Come to think of it... have I ever seen that particular ammo??? ;)

I'm with you on the model numbers. After many years of enjoying various different Glocks, I have most of them down. But just as soon as you think you have it figured out, they throw a wrench in.

"Wait. What was that? A G30SF or was it a G36? Hang on while I google..."

17>19>26>34 What's up with that? As the guns get smaller in size, they get bigger in number?And why jump from 19 to 26?..

If you really don't know, the 17 was the first production model (it contained the 17th patent) and pistols have simply been numbered sequentially since, as new models are released, regardless of caliber.

So, there's 17-39 with some also in "C" or compensated.

The 18 is selective fire, and hence not civilian sold, the 24 is the only discontinued model AFAIK, and the 25 (.380) can't be sold in US due to BATF importation restrictions.

- OS

If you really don't know, the 17 was the first production model (it contained the 17th patent) and pistols have simply been numbered sequentially since, as new models are released, regardless of caliber.

The 18 is selective fire, and hence not civilian sold, the 24 is the only discontinued model AFAIK, and the 25 (.380) can't be sold in US due to BATF importation restrictions.

- OS

Nope, I really didn't know. Thanks for the info. I still think it's a horrible way to name them.

Guest RangeMstr

[quote name=

- OS[/quote]

Don't forget the long discontinued G17LC, the comp'd G17L. It was the first Glock dropped from the line.

Guest The Highlander

I'm not sure the 24 is actually discontinued. Glock makes runs of some of these and 17L's periodically. Or at least they did a couple of years ago.

Amazing things, Glocks.

I like the commonality of parts, mags, and holsters. Doesn't matter if I'm carrying a 26/27/33 a 17/31, or all the way up to a 34/35, my holster doesn't change.

Same with a 29 or a 20.

I like that.

The Highlander

oh you mean my Gen3-G30SF?

Germans; ridiculous... like audi or mercs names at least those are ascending order? they like letters plus numbers.

But those numbers actually mean something. A Mercedes C300 means it's a C class Mercedes with a 3.0L engine. The first two digits in a Mercedes model indicates the engine size. Easy. With BMW, it's the last two, as they indicate the series with the first number. So a 740 is a 7 series with a 4.0L engine. Come on Glock, get with the program.

- OS

So as long as you're aware of the patent history of Glock you're OK then. Great guns, but I don't like the model # thing either.

I've never seen one. Come to think of it... have I ever seen that particular ammo??? :up:

I'm with you on the model numbers. After many years of enjoying various different Glocks, I have most of them down. But just as soon as you think you have it figured out, they throw a wrench in.

"Wait. What was that? A G30SF or was it a G36? Hang on while I google..."

I catch myself calling the sub compact 40 a g36... no idea why it sticks in my head like that.

Guest pws_smokeyjones

I think they should name them like Starbucks coffee. Since they are basically all the same thing just in varying sizes. G9 Tall, G9 Grande etc... :drool:

Guest Sgt. Joe

One of my biggest fears is that one day I will pick up a Glock that actually "feels" right for me:eek:.....At that point I will begin to be as confused as the rest of ya's.

So far so good, they just dont fit my hands well, so all I know about them is that I dont want to be shot with one......no matter what model it is:p