Dear Glock, why so confusing?

Erik88

Can you iimagine the confusion in the ghetto when Glock makes it to the number 40 in their model line if it's chambered in anything OTHER than .40SW?

I need bullets for a Glock FORTY...no...not that one...the OTHER glock FORTY

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gw2and4
If you really don't know, the 17 was the first production model (it contained the 17th patent) and pistols have simply been numbered sequentially since, as new models are released, regardless of caliber.

So, there's 17-39 with some also in "C" or compensated.

The 18 is selective fire, and hence not civilian sold, the 24 is the only discontinued model AFAIK, and the 25 (.380) can't be sold in US due to BATF importation restrictions.

- OS

+1. Well said, sir. It's quite simple, really...folks who don't know just need to have another glass of :wall: LOL

Put me in the group that thinks that Glocks are actually easier to remember than most others.

Personally I have always thought so too. :wall:

I find it funny the OP has an avatar for Sig. The Sig has some guns which are caliber specific and others which are offered in 9 and 40 and yet others which are offered in 9, 40 and 357 Sig. Some were originally offered in just one caliber and have had more calibers offered in years hence. Talk about confusing. If you study most pistol manufacturers for a while you get it down pretty easily. Pistols are nothing compared to rifle manufacturers and the dizzying array of possible variants on most of their models.

Personally I have always thought so too. :shrug:

I find it funny the OP has an avatar for Sig. The Sig has some guns which are caliber specific and others which are offered in 9 and 40 and yet others which are offered in 9, 40 and 357 Sig. Some were originally offered in just one caliber and have had more calibers offered in years hence. Talk about confusing. If you study most pistol manufacturers for a while you get it down pretty easily. Pistols are nothing compared to rifle manufacturers and the dizzying array of possible variants on most of their models.

I only own the one Sig(p238) which is one of the only Sigs that is easy to remember in my opinion. I haven't taken the time to find a creative avatar yet:shrug: I would agree that Sig is one the most confusing manufacturers to keep straight.

I only own the one Sig(p238) which is one of the only Sigs that is easy to remember in my opinion. I haven't taken the time to find a creative avatar yet:shrug: I would agree that Sig is one the most confusing manufacturers to keep straight.

I'm just giving you a hard time. :shrug:

A few weeks ago when I was visiting Ca i visited the shooting range i used to manage. and one of the guys had a awesome idea that would add greatly to the Glock model system confusion : Make Glock 40 in 22LR! that way when the gangbanger wana bees come and for Glock 40 you don't have to ask if they want the Glock 22. It addes greatly to the Abbot and Castello conversation of earlier post :P

• 2 weeks later...
With you on that, Sgt. Joe. Took me years to get past the "plastic" part. Finally met a Glock fiend (yeah, I said "fiend" -- his opinion is that Glock is the ONLY one out there) ... at the range, and shot his. Just didn't fit me. My boy bought one. Shot it. Didn't like it. Just doesn't fit me.

The kid just got an XD, though, and I LIKE it! Maybe I'm finally getting past the plastic part. Glock just doesn't fit though.

I wonder ... is the XD grip similar to a 1911? Might be why it fit so well ... I shot it better than my Springfield ...

For all the Glock fanatics ... tickled you like them. I don't. But, Sgt. Joe, I don't want to be on the other end of one, either!

I once experimented with the dark side had me a Glock 40 cal my ruger .45 would dhoot with it in my hands got rid of both of them and I'm now die hard 1911. I traded the Glock for a shotgun:D

What he said.

They are numbered in order of their introduction. And actually, you can't find a G18, 25, or 28. There are three unobtanium guns. The 18 is select-fire full auto... and the other two are .380s which don't meet ATF import criteria.

Very simple system, just not an easy to understand one.

Guest eyescream
Costello: "So, what kind of gun do the cops around here carry?"

Abbott: "Glock 22."

Costello: "What?! Why in the world would a cop wanna carry a .22?"

Abbott: "It's a .40."

Costello: "You mean to tell me Glock makes a gun that shoots .22 and .40?!"

Abbott: "No, a Glock 22 shoots .40."

Costello: "What?! Next, I guess you're gonna tell me that a Glock 38 shoots 9!"

Abbott: "No, a Glock 38 shoots .45 GAP."

Costello: "WHAT?!?! What the heck is .45 GAP?!"

Abbott: "It's a .45 that's the same size as a 9."

Costello: <nearly faints> "So, you're tellin' me that a Glock 22 shoots .40?"

Abbott: "Yep."

Costello: "And a Glock 38 shoots .45 GAP?"

Abbott: "Yep."

Costello: "And .45 GAP is the same size as a 9?"

Abbott: "You got it."

Costello: "So, what the heck does a Glock 40 shoot?!"

Abbott: "They haven't made that one yet..."

:D

Brilliant.

:clap::clap::clap:

Guest mac_05evo
This guy makes understanding Glocks easy.

Wow... That was painful to watch lol. I like how he just bought it but already ran 50k rds through it :P

Guest Katana
Wow... That was painful to watch lol. I like how he just bought it but already ran 50k rds through it :eek:

I haven't laughed like that in awhile. I loved his lithium sights, wonder where I can find me some? :D

"Ninja quality." What exactly is that?

c'mon... "100rd mags, sights that let you see into the future so you know where the bullet's going to go..."