east TN tribe shoot em up

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got up this morning to find the little air pressure sensor going off in the jeep...which normally means one of my tires are low or high on air.

I get out the old air gauge and find that my left front tire is running at 24 pounds of air..NOT the optimum for this vehicle.

So, I go to put air in it and the top quarter part of the valve breaks off...(held on by the valve stem inside the valve..)

Now I'm at a loss...so when 9 am comes around I'm calling tire places...did you know that it's a federal law that if your vehicle has a tire pressure sensor in the wheel, they cannot replace it with a valve stem?

the sensor has to be bought (it's a part of the valve stem) and installed in the hub.

these things are between 30 and 80 dollars and tire companies don't carry them.

*sigh* so after a bunch of thought, I simply put the spare tire on. I'll take that one to a private tire company and have them put in a regular valve stem until I can get the money to go buy a sensor.

8.50 versus 80.00.

all because some jackass can't check his tire pressures, and car manufacturers want that guaranteed paycheck. :screwy:

I'm heading to the shoot now, it's 10.15 already though.

It was a nice day up in Kingsport. The weather was a little hot and humid but the sky was bright and it did not rain.

I think everyone had a real nice time, I know I did. The food was delicious and the conversation and companionship was great too. We shot, then ate, then went back for a second round of shooting.

Mark and Sue are wonderful hosts and it is always a pleasure to go up. I look forward to visiting again. The shooting is only icing on the cake, just being up there hanging out is fine in and of itself.

Guest SUNTZU

I had a great time as well. Its always nice to see friends who are like family and to make new friends. I appreciate the killer food! I had a great time riding to and from the shoot as well. "What'd you DO!!!"

It was great to see Cody, as well. Cody, heed Elliot's words of wisdom. Thank you for what you are doing.

It was nice to see Julie, and I won't be shooting against her anytime in the near future. :P She can shoot.

I've got someone's AK magazines that were left up there. I had a great time as usual. ;)

Titan it was nice seeing you and your lovely wife again today. I always enjoy shooting the breeze with you guys. Sorry we missed you when you left, didn't get to say " see ya next time"

So see ya next time.

Oh yeah, your smoker dogs were out of this world.

Titan it was nice seeing you and your lovely wife again today. I always enjoy shooting the breeze with you guys. Sorry we missed you when you left, didn't get to say " see ya next time"

So see ya next time.

Oh yeah, your smoker dogs were out of this world.

No worries Mike...i hate good-byes anyway....and we both enjoyed shootin the breeze with you as well....

Seems that we all(good people) have things in common...

And thanks for the "props" on the dogs....just wait til you eat some of our ribs....off the new smoker!!!!

I too had a great time. ;)

Thanks to Mark & Sue, better hosts you will never find, and everyone who put all the hard work into cooking some excellent food. That alone was worth the trip up. Those smoked dogs and chili.....:P

The shooting was fun and the conversation was great. Amazing what you can learn just by sitting back and talking about stuff. Overall a great day.

Amazing what you can learn just by sitting back and talking about stuff

Ain't that the truth, I learn stuff everytime we all get together and today was no exception. Sitting with you and 70below and BubbaTN I felt a lot of good stuff was getting passed back and forth. you and TJ just about have me thinking about building a black rifle.

Amazing what you can learn just by sitting back and talking about stuff. Overall a great day.

I have to agree here as well, I learned a ton today just by chatting with you guys.

I also had an awesome time! Outside of sweating my a** off all day...lol. The company was awesome, the food was awesome, and like Mike said....the shooting was just icing on the cake. Thanks to Mark & Sue for putting on an awesome get together! Also thanks to everyone who had a hand in preparing the food and getting the range ready to shoot on as well.

Edited by Bubbatn

heh. I don't think I STOPPED talking. it was just so good to see you guys again. I was happy as a dog with 8 tails to see you folks!

Cody, I'm gonna miss ya pal. keep your head on a swivel and come home when you can.

You will do well and I can't think of a finer young man to serve. I still have quite a few folks that are active. give me a holler if you ever need a unit to hang your hat, I make no guarantees, but I can ask a couple of folks that I know..master sgts, 1SG's and heck, I even know a few officers that I'm friendly with..go figure.

Dan, as usual, I always enjoy seein ya man...you're like a brother from another mother :cool:

Mike.357? hahahah well..all I can say is that I'm truly home. Seeing ya again reinforced that I'm home, among good friends and good people.

and of Course, Titan, tell Lisa that Julie totally enjoyed talking with you guys...she doesn't get out much and she knows few folks around here...so you were like an oasis in the desert for her.

Bubba, I hope you had fun shooting..I enjoyed to also! I Shot more today than I normally do when I am the RSO. That's some nice shooting with the .22's!

your keen eyes did the trick with those tight groups!

Don't take my disparaging of your HK pistols to heart...I'm partial to JMB's work..(more like I'm a JMB snob..)

Everyone else? guys the worst thing I could say is that it was a total pleasure.

That is the best way to spend my memorial day. amongst good friends, with great food and good conversation.

Titans' dogs have ruined me... I'll never be able to enjoy a merely mortal hotdog again.

Stayed very busy, as usual at these things, so didn't get enough time to spend with some of you folks, but we all had fun.

I've got someone's AK magazines that were left up there. I had a great time as usual. :D

Two metal ones?? One was a chinese with a metal follower and the other was dented?? If so, those are mine. :D Guess I forgot about them....no biggie, I'll get them from you eventually.............................maybe next year.....:tinfoil::D

Loved seeing you guys again and meeting the rest of you for the first time.....I sure didn't realize the trip for me was 2 1/2 hours one way. Just wish I could have stayed longer to chow down with you guys and BS but my 4yr old wanted to go swimming yesterday and I did promise I'd take her soo that's why I had to cut out so early.......:tinfoil:

Guest 70below

Thanks again Mark & Sue, I always appreciate how hospitable you two are and Sue always amazes me how much work she puts into the spread, and while I never expect it, it certainly is much appreciated. Thanks for putting up with me and all my crap!

Titan, I'll 4th or 5th the commendation on those dogs....my mouth is watering just thinking about them. You've got me convinced I NEED a smoker.

Good seeing you all and meeting some of you for the first time. I look forward to chattin with you all again.

Mike, glad I could be a bad influence on the black rifle. I'm by no means an expert, but I try to keep up. I certainly don't think the AR is a holy grail of firearms, but hey, I like guns of all types. "One of each for me please!"

Guest Boogieman
Where's the pics at?

Someone had to have taken some....

I would very much like to be able to make it to one of these gatherings in the future. Hopefully when the next one comes up I won't be so busy with school work and the like. I am sure my father and my wife would enjoy an outing like this as well.