Favorite Pocket Cannon ...

Guest sagebrushjim

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to compare as I have always had full size or compact .45 or .40 until now but no real pocket gun. I have on a couple of occassions carried my wifes Bersa .380 as I could put it in a pocket but until 3 weeks ago I didn't have a "pocket" gun. Now I do so I like it! The S&W 642, my first revolver since my first gun purchase back in 1985. My first gun was a Ruger Black Hawk .357 with the .38 extra cylinder. It was stolen from my home at Ft. Bragg in 88 and I never had another revolver....till now.

My contribution to keeping the Rabbi tradition of the wheel gun alive and kicking.

IMG_1783.jpg

Guest looneeetunes
Taurus PT145... Ten Rounds of Fire Power...

PT145005.jpg

PT145003.jpg

PT145002.jpg

mine too 11 with the one in the chamber. i even at times carry a 45 american derringer. not alot tho. two rounds doesnt really excite me

I really like my S&W 642 38 Special. I could have gone for the titanium or one of the newer 357 Mags that are Airlites, but I figured that you just can't beat the proven hammerless Airweight. I can go anywhere un noticed with the handgun in a cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Have any of you had good luck with the new Kel Tec PF9? I never had problems out of a P11, but was very disappointed with the Kel Tec 380....trading it towards my S&W 642.

I really like my S&W 642 38 Special. I could have gone for the titanium or one of the newer 357 Mags that are Airlites, but I figured that you just can't beat the proven hammerless Airweight. I can go anywhere un noticed with the handgun in a cheap Uncle Mike's pocket holster.

Have any of you had good luck with the new Kel Tec PF9? I never had problems out of a P11, but was very disappointed with the Kel Tec 380....trading it towards my S&W 642.

I have had great luck with the PF9. Never had a misfire, jam, or any other problem in the 6 or 7 months I've had it. feeds all the ammo I've put through it, including some limited +p (for a reliability check). The trigger is worlds apart better than the P11!

I used to carry a Colt Defender .45acp under the console in my truck.

After many break-ins in and around my office. I've opted for a FEG PA-63.

If my truck is ever burgularized, I've only lost a $175 pistol....not a $650 with Wilson Combat mags.

Needless to say, I'd still be devistated if I lost this little baby.

H02FEG380.jpg

I used to carry a Colt Defender .45acp under the console in my truck.

After many break-ins in and around my office. I've opted for a FEG PA-63.

If my truck is ever burgularized, I've only lost a $175 pistol....not a $650 with Wilson Combat mags.

Needless to say, I'd still be devistated if I lost this little baby.

H02FEG380.jpg

hey! go to donhum.com and look for an iwb holster for it..they're super comfortable, super concealable and cheep..I think mine was like 37.00, if you're into IWB holsters.

:D just look for a makarov holster..its the same one and fits like a glove!

Guest rockytop

PT145005.jpg

PT145003.jpg

PT145002.jpg

Do you carry this with this holster in your pocket? It looks like a belt slide rig. I'm interested because I'm trying to figure out a good leather holster for my PM9, currently in nemisis pocket holster.

Guest sagebrushjim
Do you carry this with this holster in your pocket? It looks like a belt slide rig. I'm interested because I'm trying to figure out a good leather holster for my PM9, currently in nemisis pocket holster.

I've carried it in my pocket with and without the holster... When not working I wear "bib overalls" a lot and it is not a problem... Even if I wear it belted it is short enough and rides high enough to be out of site under a loose shirt...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bkelm18

PT145005.jpg

PT145003.jpg

PT145002.jpg

I've seriously considered getting one of these. 10 rounds of .45 in a compact gun is my cup of tea. However, I think the PT-145's somewhat shaky history (I realize that's all probably been fixed by now, that was several years ago) and Taurus's rep as having terrible customer service is keeping me from getting one. I was wanting something to replace my Kel-Tec as my summer carry piece. I might have to settle for *eek* a wheel gun.