Actual campaign ads

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HvyMtl

um. well. where to start on this? I have no clue who this fellow is. He is running for US Senate? Merely from these claimed to be political advertisements, I think I will place him in the same category as Farrakhan, Jessie Jackson, and David Duke. Though, politically, I dont think this guy will be as successful as Duke has been...

A friend of mine is the general manager at that station. I'll ask him what's up.

EDIT: Dave sez, " Yeh, this guy has been a pain in the ass. See attached press release."

PRESS RELEASE

March 31, 2010 For more information contact: Neil Larrimore

980 KMBZ Program Director (913) 744-3780

It’s been a controversy that Entercom Kansas City never wanted to be involved with, but now we’re making sure that the groups who were targeted are going to benefit.

Glenn Miller recently bought commercial time on two of our stations, NewsRadio 980 KMBZ and WDAF "106.5 The Wolf" in connection with his write-in candidacy for the U.S. Senate from Missouri. His commercials were filled with racially biased and anti-semitic claims. Even though we object to the content of these commercials, the law provides that a legally qualified candidate for federal office has a right to purchase uncensored broadcast air time.

Entercom Kansas-City Vice President Dave Alpert said "While Federal Law requires us to air the commercials, we are not comfortable keeping the money."

Today, Entercom Kansas City has announced that all of the money paid by Glenn Miller to run his advertisements on our stations , has been donated to the Olathe Chapter of the NAACP and a local Jewish Charity in Greater Kansas City.

Entercom has also stated that if we are required to run additional commercials from Glenn Miller any money received in the future will be similarly donated.

Edited by mikegideon
More info

What is the problem with the ad? It would be one thing if the guy was making false statements and telling untruths (like all the other politicians do), but I am having difficulty locating anything within the ad the is factually incorrect.

Guest jackdm3
What is the problem with the ad? It would be one thing if the guy was making false statements and telling untruths (like all the other politicians do), but I am having difficulty locating anything within the ad the is factually incorrect.

Once again, :)

Damn... Really? This is some of the most racist, foul crap I have ever heard.

I hope like hell he has no chance of getting a seat.

Not a chance, even in a cow town like KC. It's unheard of for a Radio station to give political revenue to groups like they did in this case. They just had to wash their hands of it, and hopefully offend this a$$hole over where his money was going.

Just from my occasional visits over the past week or two, I can see gts' presence here will likely be pretty short term...

I am having difficulty locating anything within the ad the is factually incorrect.

Really?! So you agree with:

America is no longer ours, America belongs to the Jews who rule it, and the mud people that multiply within it.
Because if so, get out. Really.

...and dare I ask, how is any of this "factual", as you imply it is.

Edited by poak
Just from my occasional visits over the past week or two, I can see gts' presence here will likely be pretty short term...

Really?! So you agree with:

Because if so, get out. Really.

...and dare I ask, how is any of this "factual", as you imply it is.

I hate to answer a question with questions, but in the interest of treading "carefully" I guess I have no other choice.

Do we have illegal immigration issues in this country?

Do we have banking industry issues in this country?

I would like to answers the above questions fully and truthfully with you and the rest of the board, but I am obviously obligated to tread carefully to aviod your prediction from becoming a reality. Plus, you'd hate me for it anyway. Heck, you probably already hate me, without me even being allowed to explain or defend my previous statements.

Also, my family has been in this country since the early 1700s. Through Virginia to North Carolina, then settling in west Tennessee in 1830. Therefore, I am not going to "get out." Even, if I did decide to leave, where would I go? It's world government that is being erected. I would rather fight it head on in my own homeland, then hide from it some third world coutry

Is that a mexican flag in your avatar?

Edited by gts
Is that a mexican flag in your avatar?

Irish.

As for the "get out" comment, I was referring to the forum. We can't just start kicking ignorant people out of America... The economy couldn't handle it.

Please tell me this was sarcasm.

Irish.

As for the "get out" comment, I was referring to the forum. We can't just start kicking ignorant people out of America... The economy couldn't handle it.

Irish? Close resemblance there, but my mistake.

Sorry that I was unable to discern that you only meant for me to leave the forum. Still not sure how the context supports that, but, hey, when you are apparently as intellectually deficient as I am who could blame me for misunderstanding, right?

I guess I would be mistaken to assume that you implied I am ignorant as well. Yet, I could just pulling things out of context again.

The questions I posed were not rhetorical, I was truly expecting answers. In a sense, the lack thereof answers them though, doesn't it?

IMHO, the thrust of these ads were to point out that white men have become cowardly and are allowing the great nation that their forefathers built to become usurped by those whom do not inherently possess desire to preserve this nation, but rather work to destroy it.

Originally Posted by gts viewpost.gif

wow. get a grip

Not a chance, even in a cow town like KC. It's unheard of for a Radio station to give political revenue to groups like they did in this case. They just had to wash their hands of it, and hopefully offend this a$$hole over where his money was going.

Umm, being FROM Kansas City I can tell you that the metropolitan area of Kansas City is LARGER than the metrolpolitan area of Nashville, so what's cow town mean for Nashville?

As far as the OP is concerned I find it incredibly offensive, but don't think for one second that there isn't a black equivalent of this guy in the town. I used to listen to a black racist radio broadcast out of K-State's campus called Nighthawks. They were radical blacks calling for killing of police, white people in general, and civil war if they didn't get what they want. Since I was a police officer at the time my chief of police wanted me to listen to the program to "Know your enemy."

Umm, being FROM Kansas City I can tell you that the metropolitan area of Kansas City is LARGER than the metrolpolitan area of Nashville, so what's cow town mean for Nashville?

As far as the OP is concerned I find it incredibly offensive, but don't think for one second that there isn't a black equivalent of this guy in the town. I used to listen to a black racist radio broadcast out of K-State's campus called Nighthawks. They were radical blacks calling for killing of police, white people in general, and civil war if they didn't get what they want. Since I was a police officer at the time my chief of police wanted me to listen to the program to "Know your enemy."

Didn't mean that as a slam against KC. My impression was, real clean, real midwestern, and if not in the middle, at least on the edge of cow country. I call Omaha a cow town too

BTW... I'm sure there are other radicals in town, but you're not going to hear them on major, mainstream stations like the Entercom KC stations.

Edited by mikegideon
Guest jackdm3
Didn't mean that as a slam against KC. My impression was, real clean, real midwestern, and if not in the middle, at least on the edge of cow country. I call Omaha a cow town too

I see your coding!

"I call Omaha a cow town too"

"I call Obama a clown too"