I've declared WAR on carpenter bees . . .

FYI - let them crawl up into their little hole and squirt some WD40 into it, kills them instantly......

My intention is to kil them before they make holes in my deck. They damage the wood themselves, but the woodpeckers going after their grubs REALLY tears up the deck.

Seems cruel to squirt WD-40 up their little holes. :foot:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My intention is to kil them before they make holes in my deck. They damage the wood themselves, but the woodpeckers going after their grubs REALLY tears up the deck.

Seems cruel to squirt WD-40 up their little holes. :foot:

No need to kill them at all..... just take their tool belt :foot:

Carpenter_Bee.jpg

(pic courtesy of NewsShooter)

shooting them with grits sounds like fun. I still think a primer might be sufficient for a charge. I am going to make some with magnum primers this weekend, it is for sure the bag of grits in the pantry will never get eaten. Might as well put them to use.

the little buggers buzz me when I'm sitting on my deck.

Those are the males and they can’t sting. Snatch them right out of the air. Its good practice for speed and eye/hand coordination.

Disclaimer: Females usually won’t bother you. But if you grab a female you will realize it very quickly. (Tests your reaction time).

Guest BEARMAN

Swatted a couple today with my trusty 1"x 4". It literally knocked them into oblivion.

Got one in his hole while he was boring, got him with Hornet spray...directed fire "on target" from about 6 feet; little booger backed out, and fell DRT!

They seem to be worse than normal this year for some reason.

Guest bkelm18
No need to kill them at all..... just take their tool belt B)

Carpenter_Bee.jpg

(pic courtesy of NewsShooter)

That's a male Carpenter Bee (white face), so he wouldn't be wearing a belt. The females do all the work, the males just find the holes, go in, and sex up the females. :D

the_more_you_know2.jpg

That's a male Carpenter Bee (white face), so he wouldn't be wearing a belt. The females do all the work, the males just find the holes, go in, and sex up the females. :D

That's awesome!

I think I'll use that next time I see a honey at the bar...

"hey girl! If you build me a house, I'll let you have sex with me." :rolleyes:

Guest Jeremey

So what is the proper load for moles? I can sit on my front porch and see them tunneling. By the time you get the shovel they are gone.......

Guest Jeremey

Mark that down, next rifle purchase will be a.177. I dont think the neighbors will appreciate the 870 wingmaster going off every afternoon after work.