Sure, blame the parents

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was an abused child. :P

My mommy spanked me with THE wooden spoon.

(you know ... the one that had a quarter inch round handle.)

Funny thing ... along the way I learned about things like respect, integrity, honesty, humility, boundaries, personal space, hard work, morals, balance, getting along with other people ... :eek:

I guess I am going to hire a lawyer and take her house away and throw her in the street.

Yup ... sounds like a good idea. :lol:

As for my dad, (RIP), a swift kick in the butt ... got a lot of those, that is why I am over 6 foot tall. My brother on the other hand was a good kid, all those pats on the head stunted his growth and he is only 5 foot 5 inches. :D

Guest jackdm3

My step-dad gave me maybe two spankings. I don't have a prob with that.

My brother did something wrong when we were 13 and 14. My biological father gave me guilty-by-association punishment with a belt that led me to the violent offenders department of the MPD for polaroids of my black and blue ass. I didn't turn out violent, but I hated him pretty much for the rest of his life. (Spit!)

Edited by jackdm3

Funny thing is, when kids were spanked schools were orderly,there were very few cases of violence, there were no police on school grounds, there were no mass murders at school, teen pregnancy still shocking, kids grew up in families and became productive adults ..............................

Sure there are other cultural elements at work but they are all linked. Discipline works. Free range development is for skinny chickens.:lol:

This no spanking BS is part of the nannyfication of America

X2

Personally I got spanked in some form or fashion from just about everyone in my family. With mom and dad it was the belt, with my grandmother it was going out in the yard to cut my own switch for her to use, with others it was just their hand. I knew the difference between right and wrong long before I was a teenager. Seems that kids these days don't learn it that fast because they don't get spanked.

When I get around to having kids, they will be spanked when they do something bad enough. Not beaten, but they will get spanked. Anyone that tries to say anything against me spanking my own kids will also be spanked.

Dad spanked me several times (all deserved) with a big wooden paddle, I think I turned out ok. I've swatted my 2 yr old on his diaper for being especially belligerent a time or two. It gets his attention right quick and he immediately apologizes.

The assistant principle at my middle school had a very, very effective method. Thankfully I don't know this from personal experience, but I witnessed it enough times to know I wanted no part of it. Deterrence works....

Mr. Gooden had an aluminum paddle with "speed holes" drilled in it hanging on his wall. If a paddling was deemed necessary, it went like this (boy or girl). He'd make you walk the halls and follow you around, paddle in hand, for several minutes. All the classroom doors were open so everyone knew what was about to happen. At some point he'd tell you to stop and assume "the position"... hands on knees with head a couple inches from the lockers. He'd wind up and let fly, the impact would make your head smack the lockers. You had to count licks. If you were blubbering too much to count, he kept going until you did. More than 3 licks was rare. It'd make even the toughest, studly-est football players cry. Then you'd have to walk back to class while stiffling and knowing that half the school had heard you crying.

spanking is fine, hold them by the arm so they don't fall and warm their seat with your hand.

This no spanking BS is part of the nannyfication of America

I agree. My older brother was never spanked once. My younger brother maybe twice. I got plenty.

My older brother now lives in a different country because he can't come back to the U.S. or he will have to start paying child support for his 4 children by 3 women, two of whom he was married to at the same time.

My younger brother spent 8 years in prison, and appears he may be heading for a "3 strikes" sentence of 25 to life.

I have served in the Army and held a job since I was 15, with a few months exception; been married to one, and only one, woman for 16.5 years, have two kids that are very well behaved (both have been spanked a few times, when they were toddlers) and get all A's and B's in school. My son was the only 4th grader in his school to get straight A's the entire year last year and my daughter was the only person in her whole school to get a 100% on an English benchmark test recently. [/bRAGGING] :popcorn:

Coincidence? Maybe, but I see direct parallels in the behavior my brothers were allowed to get away with, and the way they act now. I personally believe that spanking, and especially the threat of it, can be a very effective teaching and discipline tool.

This here sounds like another educated idiot with no kids. Im a firm beliver in an ass whooping if needed. I recieved one daily when I was a kid, and now that Im older I realize that I deserved every one (at the time I didnt deserve any of them) and should have gotten alot more.

Guest Caveman

I have no problem spanking and I got plenty of it as a child. When I go to restaurants or stores with my girls and I watch as kids of all ages run around being obnoxious while their parents ignore them and their behavior it makes me happy my girls are standing there watching the same kids with dumbfounded looks on their faces. My girls are well mannered and good students in school as well and there is a reason for that.

I don't ever remember Mom spanking me. Then again, I was always a good kid....or maybe just smart enough not to get caught :popcorn:

My brother on the other hand, was spanked and ended up getting sent to a group home after years of uncontrollable trouble.

He's 32 now and he's spent as much of his life either locked up or running from being locked up as he has spent out.

I'm all for an ass-whipping when needed, but I prefer it administered "in house." The thing that kept me from acting up when I was a kid was the threat that my father (RIP) would find out. At school, in church, at someone else's house, it didn't matter. If I messed up, they told my dad, and "he handled his business." He taught me far more than any coach, vice-principal, teacher, etc. ever could.

Mac

Guest 6.8 AR
I don't ever remember Mom spanking me. Then again, I was always a good kid....or maybe just smart enough not to get caught :popcorn:

My brother on the other hand, was spanked and ended up getting sent to a group home after years of uncontrollable trouble.

He's 32 now and he's spent as much of his life either locked up or running from being locked up as he has spent out.

We didn't have to spank our kids but maybe once, but they were read to and

kept in activities all the time. Made them do their homework, cut the grass,

be involved in school activities. Private school. I'd like to think we did something right. They seem to be proving it.:leaving:

• 5 months later...
Guest Drewsett

The phrase "you just wait til your father gets home" was usually enough to cow me into obedience. I was quite the hellion as a child and received a fair number of spankings. While I won't say that I am 100% happy with my life at the moment, I am not in jail, I don't have anger issues, I'm married to a beautiful woman and I own my own home. Things could be a whole lot worse.

EDIT: Wow, holy thread revive. Thought the date on the post above mine was 9-13, not 4-13. Apparently I need to get my eyes checked.

Edited by Drewsett
Guest TargetShooter84
i got my ass handed to me countless times. the worst were the ones where i had to go get my own switch so i always got the thinnest ones...i didnt know the whiplike concept yet.

x2

:D

I used to have to go out and cut my own switch from the bush on the end of the house. If it was too small, I had to go cut another one and got beat twice with it. Also got the belt on more than one occasion. And if I got a paddling at school for ANY reason, my dad knew about it and gave me another one that afternoon.

I spanked my son. He doesn't do drugs or get into trouble.