Good gun story of the day

I stopped by my local bank today to make a deposit so I could fulfill my duty to help take care of the 53% who need my money more than I apparently do.

The teller was a woman of a certain age and we began to complain about the state of affairs. She then proceeds to tell me that she had received her renewal for her HCP and she was astounded at the question about being a recipient of Social Security for drug and alcohol abuse. We then proceeded to have a more lively conversation and discussed carrying at some length. She even asked me show her my weapon.

Best time I've had at the bank in a long time. :drool:

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped by my local bank today to make a deposit so I could fulfill my duty to help take care of the 53% who need my money more than I apparently do.

The teller was a woman of a certain age and we began to complain about the state of affairs. She then proceeds to tell me that she had received her renewal for her HCP and she was astounded at the question about being a recipient of Social Security for drug and alcohol abuse. We then proceeded to have a more lively conversation and discussed carrying at some length. She even asked me show her my weapon.

Best time I've had at the bank in a long time. :drool:

I just wrote the check. Real painful. At least I was able to help others avoid it, especially Warren Buffet. I like him.

Yea, I bet that would have gone over well with everyone else. Guns shown to tellers usually equals trouble. :drool:

Just a peek. No overt display.

Sounds kinda pervy though doesn't it...

Don't know about that one. I don't feel like voting for ANYBODY right now.

Amen to that.

Guest Daelith

At least I wasn't alone in having to write that check this morning. All I could think as I did was...well there goes the money I could have spent on a Springfield XD.:popcorn:

Ya'll just answered a question I've been pondering about carrying into the bank. I've been a little hesitant to do so even though they have nothing posted. I won't worry about it anymore.

At least I wasn't alone in having to write that check this morning. All I could think as I did was...well there goes the money I could have spent on a Springfield XD.:popcorn:

Ya'll just answered a question I've been pondering about carrying into the bank. I've been a little hesitant to do so even though they have nothing posted. I won't worry about it anymore.

You're lucky (or smarter than me). I could have bought 10 XD's, and had money left for ammo.

Guest Daelith
You're lucky (or smarter than me). I could have bought 10 XD's, and had money left for ammo.

No, I wasn't counting what I had prepaid in 09. With what I paid total, I could have gotten 10 plus ammo too. How depressing is that?!:popcorn:

• Admin Team
I really think we'd do well to move election day to 16 April.

I used to advocate this as well, but can't anymore. Since April 15th is now a complete payday for over half of the electorate, it wouldn't work in our favor.

I've since modified my thoughts on the matter. While I would love to see term limits put in place, none of our politicians are going to vote for that. You thought they went against their constituents on health care, this vote would put that to shame.

I think we should simply make it so that if a politician loses an election, they leave Washington and report to the nearest federal penitentary to start serving their sentence. I think this would solve a lot of our problems.

OT *apologies, but I'm curious:

What line of work are you folks in that ended up paying? I know too many people who overpay and get too-big refunds, but relatively few that cut a check.

I'm on salary, and usually withold under. Last year I had some shifts in my payroll withholdings that I didn't catch, reduced mortgage interest, etc. I also do some electronic design consulting on the side, so I had a pretty big 1099.

If i could have written my guns of, i would have been good to go :popcorn:

Guest jackdm3
I'm on salary, and usually withold under. Last year I had some shifts in my payroll withholdings that I didn't catch, reduced mortgage interest, etc. I also do some electronic design consulting on the side, so I had a pretty big 1099.

If i could have written my guns of, i would have been good to go :popcorn:

You answered your own predictament, in the end. I'm certain you'll find a "need" for arming your side business, if so inclined!

I used to advocate this as well, but can't anymore. Since April 15th is now a complete payday for over half of the electorate, it wouldn't work in our favor.

I beg to disagree. The idiots will be out spending their money on the 16th instead of voting. We would have only people who truly cared about their country voting. Heck, we might as well do it the day after thanksgiving or after Christmas. We would REALLY get rid of all the losers (they would either be hung over or out shopping:))

Matthew

Guest Daelith
OT *apologies, but I'm curious:

What line of work are you folks in that ended up paying? I know too many people who overpay and get too-big refunds, but relatively few that cut a check.

DH is self employed so we have to pay estimated taxes quarterly.