where is the coolest place leave loaded gun in the car

Hi everyone, I have been looking here quite often but never post. I have question regarding leave loaded gun in the car during hot summer day.

As many of you know that lots of work place don't allow gun. Employee must leave loaded gun in their car while they are working. I have seen plastic lighter exploded inside of hot car. how about ammo insight of our gun? Maybe I am just worrying too much, but I really would hate a round go off in the car. what do you guys do? do you normally just keep in the center consol or glove box?

Another question, Anyone here work at TVA power plant? I understand TVA is federal place which gun is prohibited, I have heard from collegue that TVA police will search your vehicle for weapon, so this mean you might as well just leave your gun at home? what are most of people do here?

Thanks,

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree that heat in car is a non-issue.

I don't know the current status of carry on TVA property, I've asked same question in another forum. Buildings, I guess, would be a no no under Federal law, but I'm not sure about lands, campgrounds, and the like.

- OS

Although the ammunition may not explode it may cause the ammo to get hot enough to cause a problem from increased pressures if fired hot. Not sure of caliber but it has been issues for some people.

An alternative might be to take the magazine into work with you and leave the handgun out in the car.

Dolomite

I mostly carry 380 when I go out of town.

I am glad heat in the car won't cause any problem for the ammo.

So No carry on TVA property. I know this may not be related, but I read in LA law that if your work place don't allow gun in the car, your work place can either provide another parking place which isn't too far away or they can provide lockbox. I don't know if TN has something close to this?

Guest jackdm3

"I have question regarding leave loaded gun in the car during hot summer day."

Not that it matters, but why does it have to remain loaded whilst in the car? Can you take the mag (if it has one) into the office, leave the gun in the car? My wife's lock box is not impervious, and in an incident, you can tell the jury you took proper precautions of making the ammo unavailable to a thief. Do you have at least a strong lockbox?

Edited by jackdm3

I put my Walther PPS in a safe packer in the trunk when I go to work and take the backstrap off which disables the gun and place the backstrap in my pocket. That way if my car is stolen from the parking lot the gun is disabled. After I leave work I go to the trunk and put the backstrap back on and place the gun in the vehicle next to me for the drive home. If I have to go to the store I just pull the PPS out and place it in a pocket holster for CC. It is really cool.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I have a very secret place that was custom make to put thing in and it has a lock.

I call it a pistol box, but I guess you could put gloves in it.

Yes sir, whenever I'm in my car its either at my side or in the secret compartment (Mine has one too) unlocked, but whenever I'm outside of my car, it's locked. Grant it, its pretty obvious, however, I don't really have anywhere else to put it.