earth day

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fired up both smokers at 1:00 AM with about 40lbs of mammal flesh. Then will have the grill going tonight.

actually had it planned anyway and realized it was earth day when I saw the thread. I try to treat the place with respect every day not just some ridiculous one day ritual...kinda like only going to church on easter :D

Guest jackdm3

Our area only recycles codes 1 and 2 plastics in addition to all the other normal stuff, so there's not alot more that I could recycle.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I've got about 200 old rubber tires that I'm gonna burn a little later today to honor the earth... If anyone wants to join, come on.. The only other things we can burn are: Plastic and styrofoam. And instead of swaying with our cell phones, we're gonna use aerosol cans and spray them while we sway.. It'll be great fun.

Guest Glock23ForMe

I think I heard the other day on the news that whenever the volcano went off it set the world back 1000 years on the whole "Go Green" thing...

I think I heard the other day on the news that whenever the volcano went off it set the world back 1000 years on the whole "Go Green" thing...

And, which news would that be? Have the "fair and balanced" guys been trying to work their calculators again?

Well, considering that it's been documented that the stratospheric effects a single volcano eruption reduce the surface temperature .5-1 degree F for 1 to 2 years... it's pretty obvious that one eruption counteracts even the least conservative estimates of human effects on the climate over many decades... from which the only conclusion to be drawn is that if 'we' have any effect on weather patterns, it is so insignificant compared to natural, geological and solar effects that it's ridiculous, and obviously just an exercise in publicity and fearmongering for profit.

I'm only concerned with local effects of toxic pollutants in the watertable, everything else comes out a wash.

So, yeah, I'm going to let my truck idle for a few hours and spray some aerosols.

Well, considering that it's been documented that the stratospheric effects a single volcano eruption reduce the surface temperature .5-1 degree F for 1 to 2 years... it's pretty obvious that one eruption counteracts even the least conservative estimates of human effects on the climate over many decades... from which the only conclusion to be drawn is that if 'we' have any effect on weather patterns, it is so insignificant compared to natural, geological and solar effects that it's ridiculous, and obviously just an exercise in publicity and fearmongering for profit.

I'm only concerned with local effects of toxic pollutants in the watertable, everything else comes out a wash.

So, yeah, I'm going to let my truck idle for a few hours and spray some aerosols.

Might as well. Not sure you should waste your time with the aerosols, unless you have some real old ones stashed.

Guest db99wj

I changed my oil, let the oil filter drain on the ground beside my carport, don't want to get any oil on the carport.

Just kidding.

I drove my Jeep. Did you know that my 09 Jeep Wrangler, that gets 14mpg in the city and 21 on the highway has a smaller overall lifetime carbon footprint than a hybrid battery powered car?

After that last run to the head, I'm sure I punched a hole or 2 in the ozone layer, I also found some old 6-pack plastic ring holders and threw some into the Mississippi River, and a lake that I drove past. It's fun to watch a duck or fish try to get out of those.

I have a big creek in the back yard so Im pulling my jeepover it and changing the oil, figured I could just let it wash away then no clean up.

Guest db99wj
I have a big creek in the back yard so Im pulling my jeepover it and changing the oil, figured I could just let it wash away then no clean up.

Good idea, it is always fun to see how oil and water doesn't mix well, especially when you have a crystal clear stream.