New gun, what'll it be?

Guest Boogieman

Guest Boogieman

Ok guys. I am very disappointed in the trigger on my S&W Sigma. I've been all over the place looking for info on trigger weight on several specific guns and am at a loss. I get a new gun come August as long as I quit smoking. Very confident it'll happen so I'm gun shopping now. I dont want anything close to the weight of the Sigma on trigger pull and have been looking at the following guns. XD9c, M&P9c, and SR-9c. I am open to other suggestions as well. Not really interested in Glock (I hate how they feel in my hand). Budget is 500-600 or so. Got some good info on the XD so far but I am interested in what ya'll have to say about the others or what ya'll might suggest. BTW, I'd like to stick with double stack due to the advantage of firepower else I'd ask about Kahr and the like. Thanks all.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CK1
Not really interested in Glock (I hate how they feel in my hand).

C'mon, they feel great like an old pair of jeans after the first 5,000 rounds or so... and you can experiment with many different trigger feels on the cheap to find what feels right (the others you mentioned may not even make it there without breaking, and will take a lot more than a few bucks to dial in the trigger to suit you).

Guest Sgt. Joe

One in every crowd as they say....:(

I cant really comment on the others but do love both my SR9 and SR9c.

Zero function issues from either with 1000+ round thru both, and either should get you out the door under $500.00 maybe even 450.

I EDC one or the other, usually the full size is in the van holster and the "c" is on my side. It is not really a compact at all IMO and feels just perfect for CC with a good capacity of 17+1.

Good luck with the no smoking thing:cool:......if I could do it I sure could afford a lot more gun stuff and other things.:)

It's a coin toss between the XD and M&P. I have had them both and really didn't like one more over the other. best thing would be to rent or borrow both to shoot and pick the one that fits you better.

guns are not one size fits all. best possible thing to do is test drive them first. however, sometimes that's just not possible..

Good luck!

Guest Whiskers

I have chosen the SR9c. I really like this gun. It conceals well, is very reliable, and very accurate. Since I reload and cast my own boolits, I don't have to worry about the limitations of the Glock with its hexagonal rifling and negative effects on brass life. I have never shot the XDM, but it feels very nice.... and who knows, I may add one to the stable one day.

Got a full size M&P 9 and a G26. I carry either, depending on various factors. I like the trigger on the M&P better. Just feels smoother. It's not a 1911 class trigger by any means, but for a Tupper-gun, it's decent. I'm more accurate with the M&P, but then the bbl has a little bit more length than the G26. Can't say about the M&P 9c but I'd compare it to the G26 and the XD (no real experience with this one).

I think you'd do well with any of those 3.

Guest David865

I went with the xd9 sc after I rented a couple different ones and tried them out. I would find somewhere to try them out.

Guest Baddawg865

XD here.

I have the xd9sc and the XDm 40. I love shooting the xdm. By far one of the best feeling guns i have shot. And i always carry my xd9sc. If you haven't shot one, you need too. Sounds like you have some time to figure it out, so i agree with these guys....Hit the range and rent all they have.....twice!!

Guest Boogieman

It'd be quite a hike for me to go and rent some guns at a range. I actually got the chance to handle an XD9c and an M&P9c today. The XD is great with the extended mag but it is a little short for my hand with the smaller mag in it, The M&P felt great in my hand and unless I am mistaken comes stock with a small grip extension and if not I have heard that you can call s&w and they will send you some. Mind isnt made up yet but I am leaning towards the m&p.

Guest Fwdftw
It'd be quite a hike for me to go and rent some guns at a range. I actually got the chance to handle an XD9c and an M&P9c today. The XD is great with the extended mag but it is a little short for my hand with the smaller mag in it, The M&P felt great in my hand and unless I am mistaken comes stock with a small grip extension and if not I have heard that you can call s&w and they will send you some. Mind isnt made up yet but I am leaning towards the m&p.

this is true about callin sw they will send you more of the pinky ones.. plus alot of places have the deal goin on with free magazines! I had a 9c.. and loved it only problem i had was i couldnt get my pinky on it.. so i opted for the glock 19.. 6000 rounds later im still in love!!

The XD is great with the extended mag but it is a little short for my hand with the smaller mag in it

I agree the short magazine provides less grip, but if this is a carry weapon it is a concealment bonus due to less printing. If this is a range gun I would not consider anything less than a full size.