Gun Belt

Guest David865

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you want to buy at a store or order online? The possibilities are endless if you want to order. Greene's in knoxville has leather galco belts, 5.11 belts, and wilderness instructors belts. You can probably find a good thick leather belt at a saddle/leather shop in sevierville or pigeon forge. I'm sure there's plenty of that stuff around there.

Guest David865

Honestly I haven't even shopped around for one here locally or online. The belt I have now isn't really a gun belt but it is strong but just not very wide. I might try the leather shop at dollywood and see what they got.

I researched belts and the same answer always came up… Beltman.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

I ordered a 1.5” Dual layer Bull hide with a Velcro liner. I have worn it to work every day for a year and a half. I haven’t done anything to it, and it still looks nearly new.

86.95 delivered isn’t cheap, but I don’t think I will ever wear this belt out. All the competitors I have looked at are just as much or more.

I bought Tan, now I need black. :stalk:

Is stiffness the main spec for a gun belt? What makes a good gun belt?

The ability to hold your weapon level without sagging and without you having to pull it so tight you pass out. :D

Appearance. It shouldn’t look like you are wearing a cheap Wal-Mart belt. (That may not matter to some but it does to me.)

Leather quality. A quality leather belt should last years.

I researched belts and the same answer always came up… Beltman.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

I ordered a 1.5†Dual layer Bull hide with a Velcro liner. I have worn it to work every day for a year and a half. I haven’t done anything to it, and it still looks nearly new.

86.95 delivered isn’t cheap, but I don’t think I will ever wear this belt out. All the competitors I have looked at are just as much or more.

I bought Tan, now I need black. :D

+1. The Beltman. You get what you pay for.

Guest Lester Weevils
The ability to hold your weapon level without sagging and without you having to pull it so tight you pass out. :wall:

Appearance. It shouldn’t look like you are wearing a cheap Wal-Mart belt. (That may not matter to some but it does to me.)

Leather quality. A quality leather belt should last years.

Thanks for the good info, Dave.

Those Belt Man products look nice!

Guest jimbobtn

I just got my Beltman yesterday and love it. Much more comfortable when carrying a larger gun. I carried IWB today and I didn't have to cinch up the belt as much as with a regular belt. It looks great and I'll use it for everyday use too.

Guest fourspdRAT
Galls.com had some nice Aker reinforced belts on clearance for $9.98 last week. I snagged one. I can't get their website to come up right now. Don't know if they still have any.

They still do! I just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up!

They still do! I just ordered mine. Thanks for the heads up!

No problem. You just can't beat a good gun belt for under $20 shipped! I got a black one. Wanted a brown one, too, but they were sold out of them.

Guest 1817ak47

I know someone who has a conciled xd 45 holster and has a uncle mikes belt. I bought one yesterday and keep a keltec p-11 and spare mag no problem. and can put my xd in too. they are heavy velcrow so infinitely adjustable. however these are made by our chinese enemies though. coal creek had a few in stock yesterday when i bought mine

I just picked up a 5.11 Tactical gun belt from GT Distributors today. It is the "Operator" version. It is pretty stiff and at 1.75 in wide, it holds both my IWB and OWB holsters good. It is made out of some sort of nylon? material and seems pretty sturdy. I must admit, it is not the most fashionable belt but I bought it for function over fashion. They did have some 5.11 Tactical leather belts also, but I thought most of them looked too much like what police officers wear and I ain't trying to look like a police officer (lol). Does anyone on here use this brand of belt and if so, what are your thoughts about it. As for me, I like it.:panic: