Any car guys on here?

Guest fourspdRAT

Guest fourspdRAT

I've seen a couple auto related screen names on here; just wondering how many of yall enjoy a night in the garage after a day at the range?

This is my project right now.. '70 Chevelle with a 307/350. If I can ever save up enough money to get going I plan on dropping in a 454/muncie with either a 12 bolt or 9" rear end.

In it's somewhat current state (It's down to nothing but the bottem end, waiting to make some room to pull the engine/trans out)

5048_1012860500267_1787690813_24569_6247156_n.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

I've been into both cars and guns for about as long as I can remember. Presently I'm taking a break from hot-rods and enjoying the off-road scene.

I'm digging the '70. Does it have history for you?

Guest drv2fst

I like fast cars. Mostly Porsche Turbo's. All these are in someone else's hands now. I drive an SUV.

1992 Acura NSX

1986 Porsche 911 Turbo (nearly stock)

1985 Porsche 911 Turbo (heavily modified to about 600hp)

1994 Porsche 911 Turbo (very stock as there are only about 350 of these)

1992 Porsche 911 Turbo S2 (Very Rare, only 18 in US, I totaled mine)

Guest 6.8 AR

Mostly, I just keep the stuff I have running, now. I hate to pay a mechanic(love to DIY).

The older cars are a joy to play with compared to the new ones, due to the way they

are put together. It seems like you replace systems, on newer cars, instead of parts.

The last big project I had was an engine and transmission in a 99 Continental, to keep

my wife happy. She likes that car, still. It was easier to replace both at once, than

just the trans alone.

Your Chevelle looks ready for an engine plucking. I never have that much room. My

playing garage has a lot less room, with one car still on blocks, tiller, mowers, etc.need to clean it out.

Why did you remind me of this? :D

I prefer the late 60's early 70's and, strange as it may seem, a Pacer! :eek: Months ago on ebay, I saw a 1970 Fury 2 door, with no options (no power steering, no power brakes, column shift) I wanted it. But the bidding went thru the roof and it would be about $800 to ship it, so I didn't get it.

Nicest old car I had was a 1965 Mercury Parklane, 390ci/300hp, Merco-O-Matic trans. factory AM radio, floor vents (why did they quit making them?) And my favorite.... the power rear window!!:D:D

Guest Moody

I guess that I could describe myself as a pretty "hard-core" car guy. I've never had a vehicle that I could not mess with, honestly. That Chevelle is a wonderful project! I had a 1970 Chevelle, as well, that I regret selling in 2004... I loved that car, although I never really got to enjoy it that much.

I currently have a 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W30 and a 1997 Toyota Supra Turbo.

Capbyrd = MidSouth SCCA F-Stock driver of the year and Solo Worker of the Year.

sig2.jpg

Having some off track fun.

car2.jpg

This is what I first started racing. Stock suspension and pretty much fully flexed out around this corner.

bodyroll.jpg

Guest PatriotCSA

1969 Plymouth Road Runner / 383 - 4 speed / 8.75 Rear - 4.11 Ratio

Grew up with Mopars all around me. Nothing like the sound of a Chrysler big block.

Guest TargetShooter84

I'm more into the off-roading scene than street scenes.

Here's my 2001 Xterra that I sold a while back:

IMAGE_059a.jpg

100_1271.jpg

Was a great vehicle to work on and go wheeling in.

I'm more into the off-roading scene than street scenes.

Here's my 2001 Xterra that I sold a while back:

IMAGE_059a.jpg

100_1271.jpg

Was a great vehicle to work on and go wheeling in.

Nice looking ride :P:up:

Where did you go offroading at? Would like to find a place to get my Rover dirty... as long as it's not one of those rock-climbing trails!! :rofl:

Guest TargetShooter84
Nice looking ride :P:up:

Where did you go offroading at? Would like to find a place to get my Rover dirty... as long as it's not one of those rock-climbing trails!! :rofl:

Thanks! I always had a blast with the Xterra.

I wheeled at Windrock, mostly stayed in the moderate trails. For your Rover, I'd suggest Trail 22 to begin with and if you like what it offers, there's some more there. No rock crawling trails for me when I wheeled it since it was my daily driver also too, haha.

Thanks! I always had a blast with the Xterra.

I wheeled at Windrock, mostly stayed in the moderate trails. For your Rover, I'd suggest Trail 22 to begin with and if you like what it offers, there's some more there. No rock crawling trails for me when I wheeled it since it was my daily driver also too, haha.

Thanks for the info! My Rover is stock, no lift kit, but it's very capable:cool:. I found their website and read their rules... #8 sticks out: "Firing of weapons is strictly prohibited" ;) Damn! It didn't saying anything about guns prohibited though. Looks fun. I'll have to check it out soon. :up:

Guest TargetShooter84
Thanks for the info! My Rover is stock, no lift kit, but it's very capable:cool:. I found their website and read their rules... #8 sticks out: "Firing of weapons is strictly prohibited" ;) Damn! It didn't saying anything about guns prohibited though. Looks fun. I'll have to check it out soon. :up:

I have carried my gun and kept it stashed inside the Xterra when I went wheeling but Coal Creek is very strict on that rule though. But please keep in mind that Coal Creek is a Mining company and there is quite a few of nautral gas tanks stored throughout the park since it is maintained by the mining company so if some reason someone was to shoot and it happened to hit one of those containers, well, we'd have a fire crisis, haha.

Guest fourspdRAT
I've been into both cars and guns for about as long as I can remember. Presently I'm taking a break from hot-rods and enjoying the off-road scene.

I'm digging the '70. Does it have history for you?

This car doesn't have a real history with me, but Chevelles in general do. When I was growing up in GA, there was an old guy down the street that always had some neat cars. The only one he never got rid of was a 454 '70 Chevelle with a Muncie M22. The first time I rode in that car I nearly crapped myself. As a 8-9yr old it felt like a rocket, and the whine on the M22 was music to my ears.

I'm also into the offroad scene. I'm currently on my 3rd Jeep TJ. They've been my DDs so I don't get too extreme with them. I just put a 2" lift on and now I'm waiting for tires.

BTW, yall need to be posting more pics! ;)

Guest fourspdRAT

We've been going to CC for a few years and from what I have gathered the general "rule" for carrying is, Don't ask, Don't tell. Concealed is concealed.

Guest fourspdRAT
Your Chevelle looks ready for an engine plucking. I never have that much room. My

playing garage has a lot less room, with one car still on blocks, tiller, mowers, etc.need to clean it out.

Why did you remind me of this? :up:

HA! If I acually had room in that garage I would have done what I wanted to do when I started: Frame off resto. I have just enough room to walk around the car. I could have that car in pieces in one day (and alot of PB Blaster), but I have no where to put the parts. The extra room above the kitchen is already full of bumpers, fenders, the hood, dash, seats, etc etc... lol

EDIT: I just noticed the Multi-quote option... Sorry for the multiple posts. I'll try to pay more attention.;)

Guest coldblackwind

Got a '72 duster sitting in the garage waiting on me to find a v8 of some sort for it, in front of that is a '66 ford f100 with a 428 and a 4 speed laying beside it, waiting to go in. Just picked up an '88 thunderbird with a 5.0 in it too. Also had and sold a 2001 mustang gt, dunno what the previous owner had done to it, but it would kick in the tcs at 100 mph, and a 1997 neon that was built to the point that it beat not one, but two different corvettes! Also helping my buddy with his, 1985 firebird with a 355, and formula suspension, and a 1985 monte carlo he's putting a 472 cadillac engine in.

Edited by coldblackwind