New M&P9c Carry

styx

Bought a new M&P9c from T&T at the show Saturday. Although like my Glock 22, I found it just a little much for EDC. Price was decent....not fantastic.... but better than I found at the local gunshops. Looking forward to putting a few rounds thru it ASAP. I sure do miss not being able to shoot in the back yard as I now live in a subdivision but I will be getting a membership at the Norris range in June. I bought the wife a new J frame airweight last month and she has been anxious to get a little practice in as well.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest don_m

I've had my 9c for about a year now, and it's a great gun. The trigger will smooth out a little after the first few hundred rounds, but consider a Dan Burwell trigger job. It's like night and day.

We have been upgrading our arsenal for the last 4 months and are just now getting settled in with the keepers. We hope to start tweeking each to our liking as soon as the funds permit. With 4 new and 2 legacys it has been an expensive project!

Guest Moody

That is a great little gun - awesome shooter, reliable, and ergonomic. The M&P series is one of my favorites by any manufacturer... I let my M&P45 slide to the side, sadly, and replaced with a Sig (actually, two), but it's still my trusty home-defense gun, and I still carry it every now and then - you just can't beat the value of a nice M&P, it seems.

I've had my 9c for about a year now, and it's a great gun. The trigger will smooth out a little after the first few hundred rounds, but consider a Dan Burwell trigger job. It's like night and day.

Intead of the Dan Burwell trigger job, get the apex tactical hard sear and plunger. Takes about 30 min to put both in (with NO experiance), and if it ever has to go beck to the mother ship you can reinstall theoriginal parts as to not "void" your warranty.

Guest Law of Thirds

I've gotta second the apex tactical duty/carry combo. For 60 dollars and about half an hour you get a silky smooth, crisp trigger pull right at 5#. And the best part is that it's completely reversible, no permanent changes done.

I just did it on my .45 compact and the trigger is now nicer than the performance center tuned ones.

July 1 will be better. :lol:

- OS

OS-

I stopped by the Norris police station back in winter to get some info on the range and learned that a years membership runs from July 1 thru June 30 for all. I decided then I would wait till July 1 to sign up as I wasn't quite ready to use the range. In the last few days I read a post (not sure where) stating that sign up for the upcoming year began in June. So, based on your post, that statement was apparently wrong. But you're right, I wouldn't want to shell out $40 now and again in 1 month.

Interesting suggestions gentlemen on the trigger revamp. I will have to seriously investigate these when the budget recovers from the shock it has received lately. :lol: After buying the M&P9c the wife says "we are done aren't we? Do we need any more guns? :tinfoil:" I say "Well......" :D

OS-

I stopped by the Norris police station back in winter to get some info on the range and learned that a years membership runs from July 1 thru June 30 for all. I decided then I would wait till July 1 to sign up as I wasn't quite ready to use the range. In the last few days I read a post (not sure where) stating that sign up for the upcoming year began in June. So, based on your post, that statement was apparently wrong. But you're right, I wouldn't want to shell out $40 now and again in 1 month.

Well, they may let you sign up early for coming year, dunno.

But they change the lock on evening of June 30, which is their simple but effective way of renewing, so as long as you get a new key is the important thing.

- OS

Guest agr815

I recently got a new M&P 9c as well. While I love this little gun it seems to be shooting high and to the left. I have put about 200 rounds through it, all 115gr FMJ's, a mix of Federal and Blazer Brass. I am fairly certain it it is not me as other people who have shot the gun have had the same result. Any ideas? I would like to get some night sights for it at some point and would also like to upgrade with the apex parts. Both of those changes will be a while though. Has anyone else had a similar problem? This is the first striker fired gun I have ever shot. My past experience includes 1911's and a DA/SA USP. Help!

I recently got a new M&P 9c as well. While I love this little gun it seems to be shooting high and to the left. I have put about 200 rounds through it, all 115gr FMJ's, a mix of Federal and Blazer Brass. I am fairly certain it it is not me as other people who have shot the gun have had the same result. Any ideas? I would like to get some night sights for it at some point and would also like to upgrade with the apex parts. Both of those changes will be a while though. Has anyone else had a similar problem? This is the first striker fired gun I have ever shot. My past experience includes 1911's and a DA/SA USP. Help!

That might be some of it. any way to bench it and see how she shoots then?

I have the full Apex kit on my M&P.......I will never shoot

a factory gun again :lol:- did it home in 20 minutes time,the guy has

vids on you tube showing step by step how to do it

Went to the range with it and it changed my whole

grouping for the better -

M&Ps are really simple to tear into unlike a few others that are

over complicated mess's of engineering

I also purchased an M&P 9c about a month ago. I have put about 300 rounds through it without an issue. Traded a 92FS for it because I have a XD45 full size and didnt need two full size handguns. After shooting the 9c I now want to trade the XD for a M&P 9 5". I just seem more accurate with the M&P series. Plus I have a M&P15T so it would be cool to streamline everything to M&P.

I've had my M&P9c for about two months now. I've put over 500 rounds through it with no problems. I also find it to be accurate, at least at 15 yards. Are you SURE that my fumbling, tool-challenged, hands can actually install an Apex sear/trigger kit?

Yes. If I can do it anyone can. (hint) there is videos on their website to do both jobs.:rock:

Guest tbone

arg815, you could get a smith to drift the rear sight a little to line up those left hand flyers. I am not sure what to tell you about it shooting high. There is merit to putting a few hundred more rounds through it to see if it is your trigger finger's muscle memory or the gun. You might also want to consider getting a friend to try it out to see if they hit the same.

The M&P 9c is a great little gun. I put the CT laser grips on mine with a Hogue slip on grip over them. The slip on will actually fit snug, but without turning on the laser, until you grip it. This combo really fills out the grip and makes my double taps very controllable. I recommend it to everyone who has a 9c(or a .40c for that matter). The laser is not only great in defensive situations, but is a wonderful training aid on the range. You can really tell if you are pulling your shots or flinching. Once you get your trigger control right(squeeze, don't jerk), the holes start appearing where the red dot is. I found my laser grips on Gunbroker for about $220 and they are worth every penny!

Guest agr815

I had a friend shoot it and it was shooting left for him as well. And he has been shooting longer than I've been alive. I haven't had a chance to put more rounds through it since then but when I do I'm going to really focus on my trigger pull and see if that makes a difference. I have also read two articles, one online and one in a magazine, where two different M&P models shot left out of the box.:( Once funds become available I plan on installing the apex parts and some night sights. Hopefully a better trigger will help.

I just finished another training class with Randy Lee (apex tactical). He is an absolutely stand up guy. His M&P stuff is great but you should see what he can do to a revolver!

The rest of his folks are really good as well and very experienced.

I'm pretty much a sig guy through and through but playing with one of the M&P's he brought to the class has me thinking about what I could cull to generate some funds.

Mark