Walmart and Ammo?

Guest TargetShooter84

I have not been ammo hoarding in a while. If I have need to go to Walmart I will check for .45's but they never seem to have them. WWB 9mm seems to there all time now so I settle for a box of that though I hardly ever shoot it. At least I am building up a supply of it should I get the ruge to run through a bunch of it.

The very nice lady at Walmart in Halls told me they had a one box limit. The purpose was to counter hoarders who buy it all and resell at gunshows. She knows I do not resell so I get near as much as I want. I never buy more than a box or two anyway.

I always hope she is working when I go, she is nice and knowledgable. Don't get that much at Walmart.

Aside from ammo it does bother me that near (probably all) i buy there aside from bullets is made in China.

I am not sure where to get the stuff I need and have it US made.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the Walmart in Carthage the other night and they had 4 or 5 of the big 250 box of .45

Why is it that when they are out of everything else, they always have plenty of .40? Is that a bad caliber or something, what gives? The shelves can be bare except for several, several boxes of that .40 ;)

I was in the Walmart in Carthage the other night and they had 4 or 5 of the big 250 box of .45

Why is it that when they are out of everything else, they always have plenty of .40? Is that a bad caliber or something, what gives? The shelves can be bare except for several, several boxes of that .40 :hiding:

I suspect a lot of .40 S&W gets produced because so many LEAs have switched over to that caliber. I have also noticed that WM seems to always have at least something in that caliber and it was the one handgun caliber that never seemed to disappear completely from the shelves for more than a day or so at a time - and even that was rare - during the recent shortage.

As far as the # of boxes per customer limit, come to think of it I haven't noticed those signs in a while, either. Doesn't matter, though - they had just about as well set a 0 box per customer limit for me until I find some .380 or .38 Special ammo there, although I probably should start replenishing my 9mm range fodder supplies, soon. I prefer the cheaper Federal FMJ for that and supplies of it still seem to be hit or miss at the local WMs.

I usually don't have enough money to have to worry about the limit.

The wall-mart on Gallaher View in Knox had a pretty good stock on thursday. I got 4 boxes of .40 I remember seeing 38 special, 45 and 9mm. They even had 32 and 25, but I have never seen .380 at any wall-mart.

Guest jdavis

i order my ammo from staceys outdoor world in red boiling springs tn he is always just under walmart prices and he will order as many boxes as you want of any cal you need. during the ammo shortage i had no issues with ammo he kept me stocked up, it might take a few days to get it but it will be there.

The very nice lady at Walmart in Halls told me they had a one box limit. The purpose was to counter hoarders who buy it all and resell at gunshows.

I wonder how this practice helped the economy. Walmart desires a monopoly within the commerce industries they deal with, which is ever expanding.

Employing 400+ people at non-livable wages, with no benefits, is only benefiting Walmarts bottom line, not the economy. Not only that, but several reports have shown that a high percentage of Walmart employees receive some sort government assistance. Which, in turn, leads to the raising of taxes. Which takes more money from out of peoples pockets.

This company was great company, and a model of American Capitalism, when Sam was alive. Since, his death, the American Made Only product policy was thrown out the door and Walmart vested its interest in Chinese slave wage manufacturing. Therefore, their economic bondage of employees spreads globally.

Just MHO.

BTW, I haven't seen one that doesn't have at least a six box limit. I have seen more ammo on the shelves in recent months, but also have seen a notable price increase on most calibers.

Guest TargetShooter84
I wonder how this practice helped the economy. Walmart desires a monopoly within the commerce industries they deal with, which is ever expanding.

Employing 400+ people at non-livable wages, with no benefits, is only benefiting Walmarts bottom line, not the economy. Not only that, but several reports have shown that a high percentage of Walmart employees receive some sort government assistance. Which, in turn, leads to the raising of taxes. Which takes more money from out of peoples pockets.

This company was great company, and a model of American Capitalism, when Sam was alive. Since, his death, the American Made Only product policy was thrown out the door and Walmart vested its interest in Chinese slave wage manufacturing. Therefore, their economic bondage of employees spreads globally.

Just MHO.

BTW, I haven't seen one that doesn't have at least a six box limit. I have seen more ammo on the shelves in recent months, but also have seen a notable price increase on most calibers.

Let's not involve politics into this thread, ok? Its simply asking if the limits was still in place or not, not anything to do with economics.

Thanks.

Guest TargetShooter84

Shoulda been a bit more clear on my statement, wasn't directed at you only, was meant to be addressed in general. Ahh...just forget it, if I try to explain on this, its bound to start a war.

Mods - Close/Delete this thread, Thanks.

Edited by TargetShooter84
Shoulda been a bit more clear on my statement, wasn't directed at you only, was meant to be addressed in general. Ahh...just forget it, if I try to explain on this, its bound to start a war.

Mods - Close/Delete this thread, Thanks.

Nah, want no war either. No need for a pissing match. I was just inquiring.

Will the mods really delete/close a thread if you tell them to?

so anyway I wish I had some money to go to Walmart and try to buy the limit :blush:

I have seen .380 at Walker Springs in the last month, but I never see .45auto. Weird.

And don't worry about outing SUNTZU, he has been outed in so many ways on here that no one notices anymore.

I don't know about the other stores, but the Scott County Walmart just dropped the limit ban. You can now buy as much as you want of any caliber or brand. I don't care for Walmart much, but they do have certain brands cheaper. With all the gun control an ammo bans they're trying to force on the American public, better buy while you can.

• 2 weeks later...
Oak Ridge Wally World was still a 1 box limit as of a week ago.

really?

I am going to head over there just to screw with them now. I live in Oak Ridge.

Last year when things got short, they did the 1 box, however the guy said it this way. I can sell you 1 box of any type and up to 6 kinds.

My wife was with me.

So to Prove a point

I brought the following

1 box 500 rounds 22 shells

1 box 100 rounds 22 shells

1 box 535 rounds (different brand) 22 shells

1 box 100 20 gauge shells

1 box 270 shells

1 box of 38s

I followed the rules as he stated, 1 box, per type, 6 types

then I had her buy exactly the same.

I know we walked out with over 2000 rounds of 22 shells,

She felt funny walking out of the store, I felt like a King.:panic:

Here is how I felt.

Edited by vontar
a few corrections
  • 2 weeks later...

Turkey Creek Wal-Mart (West Knoxville) had nearly full shelves this afternoon. The only caliber that was slim was .380, but I picked up one of 3 WWB 100 rd value-packs. I was in a big hurry but it looked like they had lots of .45, 9mm, .40 and almost probably everything else.

Edited by JReedEsq
Guest redbarron06

My local wally world (Dickerson @ Briley in Nashville) does not have any limit signs posted but the last time they had any good deals on ammo was the weekened they opened. Had the 250 count boxes, $75 for 45ACP, $65 for 40 and $55 for 9mm. I have not seen any 45 bulk boxes there since then but they still have the price on the shelf. Same box or 45 ran me 115 at the gun store.

Guest 6.8 AR
Clarksville/wilma rudolf Wally world has no limit but the round selection reflects it.

Same at Madison Street store. I didn't see any limits but I didn't see any ammo, either.

If one of you guys has a big wad of cash to send me, I'll be happy to find out what the limit is at my local store(s). Until then, 1 or 2 boxes is all I ever get. I don't recall seeing the 6 box limit signs recently, but then I don't look for them either.