no CZ love, what's the deal?

byrnemm

Thanks CK1

Will probably eventually get the competition hammer out of curiosity if nothing else.

To convert to SAO, are there other sundry parts needed in addition to the competition hammer and the single-action trigger?

Nope, that's it. You'll probably want to drop the hammer-spring down to a 13 or 15lb spring too without fear of light-strikes (you could do that now if you wanted, stock is 17lbs).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CZ Custom trigger job is about $150 and then shipping back and forth is another $100 or more, correct?

Save your money for ammo.

Buy the $63 competition hammer and the $7 13lb hammer-spring, everything else you can do yourself with a bit of 600 grit sandpaper, a small hammer and punch, and an Arkansas stone.

There are good details on how to detail-strip a CZ on the czforum under "general gunsmithing", beyond that, all it entails is changing out the hammer-spring and then hammer (one pin), stoning it's sides a little before dropping it in, and then giving a few things a very light 5 minute once-over polish with the 600 grit and maybe some Flitz or Brasso (hammer-hooks and sear bed, sear face and sides of the hammer: yields a crisp and creep-free 2.5-3.5lb SA pull, somewhere around 6.5lbs in DA.

Hear me now, believe me later.

My Favorite Handgun I have ever had is my CZ 75 Tactical Sport it is the best shooting pistol out of everything and I have from just your basic Glocks to my NightHawk and the Tactical Sport blows them all away when it comes to accuracy and just a fun gun to shoot. The trigger is sooooo awesome on it and I have it in 9mm has 20rnd mag capacity which is also another thing I like. However taxes and everything the gun set me back over $1,000 so Im not sure how a basic cz would compare but I know I sure do love mine.

My Favorite Handgun I have ever had is my CZ 75 Tactical Sport it is the best shooting pistol out of everything and I have from just your basic Glocks to my NightHawk and the Tactical Sport blows them all away when it comes to accuracy and just a fun gun to shoot. The trigger is sooooo awesome on it and I have it in 9mm has 20rnd mag capacity which is also another thing I like. However taxes and everything the gun set me back over $1,000 so Im not sure how a basic cz would compare but I know I sure do love mine.

The TS is one of, if not the only CZ that comes stock in SAO with No FPB, just an absolutely awesome trigger, super-underrated, most guys have no idea.

Guest Lester Weevils
Save your money for ammo.

Buy the $63 competition hammer and the $7 13lb hammer-spring, everything else you can do yourself with a bit of 600 grit sandpaper, a small hammer and punch, and an Arkansas stone.

There are good details on how to detail-strip a CZ on the czforum under "general gunsmithing", beyond that, all it entails is changing out the hammer-spring and then hammer (one pin), stoning it's sides a little before dropping it in, and then giving a few things a very light 5 minute once-over polish with the 600 grit and maybe some Flitz or Brasso (hammer-hooks and sear bed, sear face and sides of the hammer: yields a crisp and creep-free 2.5-3.5lb SA pull, somewhere around 6.5lbs in DA.

Hear me now, believe me later.

I might eventually get up the nerve to put the SA trigger and Target hammer in mine. Was real nervous just changing the safety lever in the CZ85 for the SA safety, and none of the little springs even get much of a chance to jump across the room only going that far down in the gun.

At worst case, if I can rig some kind of work box around the pistol to catch all the flying springs, maybe the gunsmith can put it back together if I can't get all the parts back in there. :rolleyes:

There was an old "Our Boarding House" cartoon where Major Hoople is walking up from the basement. Major Hoople explains that he just repaired the washing machine. "What was wrong with it?" "It had too many parts."

I might eventually get up the nerve to put the SA trigger and Target hammer in mine. Was real nervous just changing the safety lever in the CZ85 for the SA safety, and none of the little springs even get much of a chance to jump across the room only going that far down in the gun.

At worst case, if I can rig some kind of work box around the pistol to catch all the flying springs, maybe the gunsmith can put it back together if I can't get all the parts back in there. :rolleyes:

There was an old "Our Boarding House" cartoon where Major Hoople is walking up from the basement. Major Hoople explains that he just repaired the washing machine. "What was wrong with it?" "It had too many parts."

There's really nothing to worry about, the chatter you hear on gun boards of CZs and little things going flying is pretty much all BS put out there by guys who've likely never held a CZ let alone stripped one. There are exactly 2 springs that could possibly get lost (the safety indent springs) and maybe if someone was truly a bungler they could lose the 2 springs in the sear cage, if one is careful it's actually a breeze.

No need to rig up any box or contraption, if you're a bit nervous just detail-strip the frame inside of a large one-gallon ziplock bag until you're comfortable.

Guest Tnbusarider

I had a CZ 75 in 40 S&W, and my only complaint was that the sights were rather small for the gun! I loved it other than that and had a pair of trijicons picked out for it. A buddy of mine fell in love with it while at the range, and just had to have it! So I sold it to him. He still carries it today! I also had a compact EAA Witness, in 45 acp. The Italian version of a CZ! Great little gun, but I traded for a Kimber! Academy Sports used to carry them, you might check there!

Guest Angryvikingman

The Outpost Armory just outside of Murfreesboro sells them. Although I bought the last CZ 75 SP-01 they had yesterday. An hour ride from clarksville down I-24 if you're really interested in getting one. I love my SP-01! Very accurate. I'm going to use it for the upcoming 3 gun match in Dickson next month. Have to practice with it some more though. Tell you what, that gun is HEAVY at 2.4 lbs unloaded, I'm going to get a reduced recoil spring, lighter hammer spring and the competition hammer. (Eventually, when funds and the WIFE allows)

Guest 5Legion
The Outpost Armory just outside of Murfreesboro sells them. Although I bought the last CZ 75 SP-01 they had yesterday. An hour ride from clarksville down I-24 if you're really interested in getting one. I love my SP-01! Very accurate. I'm going to use it for the upcoming 3 gun match in Dickson next month. Have to practice with it some more though. Tell you what, that gun is HEAVY at 2.4 lbs unloaded, I'm going to get a reduced recoil spring, lighter hammer spring and the competition hammer. (Eventually, when funds and the WIFE allows)

Thanks - but was hoping for some place closer! May just go gunbroker route, but wanted to compare a PCR with an all steel compact side by side if possible.

5L

• 3 months later...
Guest Burgan

I realize this is an older post but I was browsing to see if there was any talk about the CZs. I'm a lefty and have shot a Beretta M9 (Army standard issue) and the CZ 75/85 is much better.

Best marketing CZ did lately was allowing COD to put it in the latest black ops game (videogame) so at least most of the younger generation knows the company.

Guest Burgan
CZ's best advertising this year has probably come from Call of Duty Black Ops. Now every kid is gonna grow up wanting a CZ because he used it on a videogame! lol

I literally just posted a comment about that then I read this...

Never fired a CZ pistol. If they are anything close to their rifles, they have to be one of the best ever. I have a CZZ 527 in .223 and that thing is not beautiful but blisteringly accurate. I wish I knew someone with a 9x19 CZ. I'm going to be looking for another 9mm soon and would love to bang with one.

Guest Burgan

Someone earlier in this post said that if people wanted metal-based guns most usually get a Sig or something else, not a CZ. Very much true.

But the nice thing about CZ 75/85 is that a comparable Sig is almost $100+ more expensive.

Someone earlier in this post said that if people wanted metal-based guns most usually get a Sig or something else, not a CZ. Very much true.

But the nice thing about CZ 75/85 is that a comparable Sig is almost $100+ more expensive.

That and the ergos's of the CZ are much better and the trigger is much more workable. Meaning you can work over a CZ trigger a whole lot better than a SIG.

Guest Burgan

I was browsing in the gun area of Outdoor Junction the other day with my father showing him what I'm looking at as far as a handgun goes. Low and behold they had a CZ 75 Compact sitting in the case right next to a Beretta 92FS. I asked the guy behind the conter about it and he said they are a dealer, but they usually don't carry them alot.

After shooting at their range today I went back up in their gun shop to look at it and it was gone.

Anyone know of any gun shops that actually carry CZs in stock?

I was browsing in the gun area of Outdoor Junction the other day with my father showing him what I'm looking at as far as a handgun goes. Low and behold they had a CZ 75 Compact sitting in the case right next to a Beretta 92FS. I asked the guy behind the conter about it and he said they are a dealer, but they usually don't carry them alot.

After shooting at their range today I went back up in their gun shop to look at it and it was gone.

Anyone know of any gun shops that actually carry CZs in stock?

D&T has a 75 compact and a few others ATM.

Guest WyattEarp
We have a bunch of em, actually. CZ is the most underrated gun out there, and are one of the oldest gun manufacturers in the world. The P01 is absolutely the best feeling gun to me in existance right now, and the Tactical Sport model they do for competition shooting is just... freakin phenomenal.

The only models we dont have atm is the RAMI and the Tactical Sport, I believe.

will be paying you a visit before long to order a brand new CZ 75 P07 Duty .40, with an IWB, Belt and some ammo. Hopefully in the next few weeks. are you at the Green Brier Store? or the Hendersonville store?

Edited by WyattEarp