Do you flaunt your permit?

just today i went to the store and bought a card holder that i attached to my zipper. that way the ladies know im concealing a weapon and am open to a frisking.

this is my rifle

this is my gun

this is for pleasure

this is for fun

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the HCP should be taped to the middle of your forehead, a CCW badge on your chest and OC a really big gun. That way when you climb out of your ton and a half “dualie†Dodge Ram with the diesel V-8 and 4 wheel drive that you only drive between your driveway and Walmart, nobody will ever guess you were shorted in the manhood department.

I don’t have my revolver and my “gun†confused. I don’t show my HCP unless I have to. I use DL and Marine Corps Retired ID card for ID.

I've got the HCP in the ID window on my wallet, because I figure if I need to show somebody my ID it's likely a LEO and I want them to see that first before anything else.

I normally just refuse to show my ID to anybody else... With very few exceptions... Clerks will argue for a second sometimes, then they just give in and sell you stuff anyhow.

Guest Moody

No... I just use my DL. I did, one time, give it by accident to some dip**** clerk on Nolensville Road when I was buying a 6-pack, and she mentioned that it wasn't a valid form of ID. This wrinkled me a little bit, so I simply said that it was a state-issued license, and that it was a valid for of ID, in all honestly.

"No, it's not... that's not valid... can't use it!"

"It's the only ID that matters."

I still bought the beer, because her manager (or the store owner, whatever) walked behind her and said, "Sell him the beer. It's fine..."

;)

Guest crotalus01

Silly thread. I have used it as ID before and probably will again if it is more convenient to get at than my DL. I do not flaunt it but I don't hide it like a dirty secret either.

Now, my Form 4s are a different story, VERY few people have seen them (my family and a few ROs at the range to confirm that my stuff is legal).

Im not sure i follow this....and i may be misunderstanding.....your HCP number AND your DL number are exactly the same....

I had no idea they were the same. I always used HCP when purchasing a gun (background check). I just assumed using my HCP would result in a faster background check.

Btw, anyone use those HCP badges???

Silly thread. I have used it as ID before and probably will again if it is more convenient to get at than my DL. I do not flaunt it but I don't hide it like a dirty secret either.

Now, my Form 4s are a different story, VERY few people have seen them (my family and a few ROs at the range to confirm that my stuff is legal).

Purpose of silly thread was to see how many show it - whether truly "flaunting" or just casual. Those that flaunt or show it with this "I'm Tough" stare are just hurting our image. Responsible gun owners with brains need to always be aware there are some idiots out there ruining it for the rest of us...

I've read enough threads on here. Those serious enough to carry a permit AND frequent this site are pretty sensible gun owners. "Flaunt" in the topic title got everyone's attention. :D

I had no idea they were the same. I always used HCP when purchasing a gun (background check). I just assumed using my HCP would result in a faster background check.

Btw, anyone use those HCP badges???

Use search please. That has been discussed to death.

It is funny people worried about cops or others finding out. I know of one county that will tell the officer pulling you over that you are a HCP holder before they ever approach your car, just from running your tag. I have heard it on the scanner a few times. Others may do it as well.

I kind of like people using them. I think it helps for the public know that we are out here and are normal people. I really like the stories where people get theirs after talking to an HCP holder. I think it gives us a greater voice for wanting more carry privileges.

Guest Jamie
I know of one county that will tell the officer pulling you over that you are a HCP holder before they ever approach your car, just from running your tag.

Only way they can do that is if the person the tag is registered to has a permit and is driving at the time, and they check to see if that person has a valid DL. Otherwise, they have no idea from the tag what the driver's status is until they run his/her DL.

My wife and I are both listed on our car tag, so they have a 50-50 chance that the person they stop will have a permit and a gun. Less, actually , since she drives the car more than I do.

J.

Only way they can do that is if the person the tag is registered to has a permit and is driving at the time, and they check to see if that person has a valid DL. Otherwise, they have no idea from the tag what the driver's status is until they run his/her DL.

My wife and I are both listed on our car tag, so they have a 50-50 chance that the person they stop will have a permit and a gun. Less, actually , since she drives the car more than I do.

J.

Yep...

From the tag they can take the name of the registered owner, then run that name and see if that person has a HCP...but no guarantee that person is driving or as Jamie points out that it is registered to only one person.

I agree with the above, however, when read back over the scanner anyone listening is still going to know you have an hcp. It doesnt matter who is driving. just pointing out that there are other outlets where people get your hcp information, for all of those people who think no one knows they have one.

I agree with the above, however, when read back over the scanner anyone listening is still going to know you have an hcp. It doesnt matter who is driving. just pointing out that there are other outlets where people get your hcp information, for all of those people who think no one knows they have one.

Very true....

Really not much privacy anymore...

Guest scott6261

Neither my wife or I use it as an id per say but we aren't really hiding the fact that we are both permit holders. i guess it's the same thing about printing too, I don't get too concerned if my shirt has a bump on the side.

Cheers

Neither my wife or I use it as an id per say but we aren't really hiding the fact that we are both permit holders. i guess it's the same thing about printing too, I don't get too concerned if my shirt has a bump on the side.

Cheers

Good post. I'm not comfortable with OC except in limited circumstances and I don't broadcast the fact that I have an HCP but I don't treat it like some kind of state secret, either. If someone sees my handgun or my HCP, so what? I'm legal. If someone wants to cause me trouble, they can find out a lot more about me from looking at that stupid database the CA has online than by just seeing me in line at a store. To me, the best way to get society to accept that having an HCP and carrying a handgun is no big deal is to act like it is no big deal, ourselves. Of course, I don't mean to indicate that it isn't a great responsibility just that I tend to act like having an HCP and carrying a firearm are perfectly normal - which, I believe, they are.

Edited by JAB
it might be better to ask who doesn't use them

Maybe we should ask who else...er...I mean..who has the complete ensemble:

The badge holder that can be worn either clipped to the belt or as a necklace

The T-shirt and windbreaker set that both have an actual size image of the badge printed on the left side of the chest as well as a larger image of the badge that takes up nearly the entire back

The cap with the badge embroidered on it

The range bag with the badge printed on one side and the words "I have a handgun carry permit - make my day" printed on the other

The HCP badge belt buckle and, of course,

The lapel pin, tie tack and cufflinks - for those more formal occasions.

Edited by JAB
Guest Caveman
Maybe we should ask who else...er...I mean..who has the complete ensemble:

The badge holder that can be worn either clipped to the belt or as a necklace

The T-shirt and windbreaker set that both have an actual size image of the badge printed on the left side of the chest as well as a larger image of the badge that takes up nearly the entire back

The cap with the badge embroidered on it

The range bag with the badge printed on one side and the words "I have a handgun carry permit - make my day" printed on the other

The HCP badge belt buckle and, of course,

The lapel pin, tie tack and cufflinks - for those more formal occasions.

Just PM Suntzu, he can help you. :meh:

Guest SUNTZU
Just PM Suntzu, he can help you. :rolleyes:

I like the sound the velcro patch makes on my Elite Tactical CONTACT hat when I change out between the subdued to the coyote tan or or the multicam badges. When rolling in teams Caveman and I have the tactical P.O.L.I.C.E. S.W.A.T. K-9 jackets with the pulldown tabs so that our hidden HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT HOLDER patches can be dropped at a moment's notice. I think using break free as underarm deodorant and Hoppe's 9 as an aftershave lets the badguys know who they are dealing with....and I see them everywhere....and they know it...