Police Officer Punches "Lady".

Guest Swamprunner

Guest stmccann
You may be correct on the camera I watched it late last night could have sworn it was a gun but oh well. Why not the name Pain? Would you prefer it to be something else?

It doesn't matter if it began with a jaywalking stop. If he had a legal reason to stop her that's all that matters I don't care if it was for Murder, jaywalking, or littering.

Just see a lot of testosterone bluster from a lot of folks - particularly in this thread - that seem to indicate that if these idiot beyatches got pounded into a bloody smear it wouldn't have bothered them a bit.

But that would be excessive.

'Pain' just seems like part of that mindset - and if I'm mistaken mea culpa.

BTW - good thing the officer on scene didn't see a weapon in place of a camera, otherwise we'd be talking about a dead bystander instead of just a stupid jaywalker getting slapped around.

My biggest issue is that this officer escalated a crappy situation with no backup - and his only choice would have been to use extreme force if others had chosen to pile on. The original issue was jaywalking. The end result should not be execution. I believe his judgement was in error - he should have called for backup and de-escalated until then. Take a pic of the dummy that laid hands on him, or just follow them until backup arrives....

But then, I only have a video and commentary to go on - not law enforcement training. I think that a situation like this resembles the Animal House scene where Kevin Bacon gets run over by the crowd - "Remain Calm, All Is Well!"

I see you are a LEO - are you given training on how many folks you can reasonably 'control' in a situation like that? Once the crowd closed I would like to think the answer is ZERO - as soon as you take someone down and attempt to cuff you are totally vulnerable to some numbnuts piling on and attempting to take your sidearm.

It wasn't like apprehending a felon, or someone who had caused injury to persons or damage to property - I think the officer at this point does what I was trained to do - be a good witness, retreat, and live. Not escalate.

Your thoughts please? Appreciate a reasoned discourse - and appreciate the work you and yours do.

In Liberty -

Sean

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jamie

My biggest issue is that this officer escalated a crappy situation with no backup

The officer didn't escalate the situation, the women did.

And sometimes that happens, backup or not. All you can do is make the best of it until other officers get there.... IF you've had a chance to call 'em.

Sorry, but by your way of thinking, he should've just let 'em go when they tried to walk off. And if he had done that, the department may have very well have let HIM go, since he would've proven himself more than useless at the job required.

J.

Guest 6.8 AR

The cop was the only person in the video acting responsibly. Since he was put there to protect someone from getting run over from traffic, the case can be made that he may

have saved their lives. Instead, he has to do crowd control, alone, while dealing with

those two idiots. Those two idiots ought to be ashamed of themselves.

I am really impressed by the officer for a few more reasons. One was wrestling with an offender for as long as he did. Even though it wasn't an all out fight just trying to control a uncooperative suspect can be physically draining. Anyone who has fought anyone for more than a minute or two understands it is a very draining endeavor especially when he has all the additional weight of his gear on.

Another is not allowing the other to leave, even though he was no doubt physically exausted he still had enough wits to make sure the other suspect remained in the area.

And finally, keeping his cool about the whole thing both during as well as after. He could have easily used a lot more force and been justified but he didn't. He used just enough to keep the suspect in control. Personally I think he should have used a bit more but considering the comments from the crown that could have incited the crown to come to the defense of the suspect. This would have left an officer seriously injured or worse judging by the size of the crowd.

My thoughts

Dolomite

Just see a lot of testosterone bluster from a lot of folks - particularly in this thread - that seem to indicate that if these idiot beyatches got pounded into a bloody smear it wouldn't have bothered them a bit.

BTW - good thing the officer on scene didn't see a weapon in place of a camera, otherwise we'd be talking about a dead bystander instead of just a stupid jaywalker getting slapped around.

My biggest issue is that this officer escalated a crappy situation with no backup - and his only choice would have been to use extreme force if others had chosen to pile on. The original issue was jaywalking. The end result should not be execution. I believe his judgement was in error - he should have called for backup and de-escalated until then. Take a pic of the dummy that laid hands on him, or just follow them until backup arrives....

But then, I only have a video and commentary to go on - not law enforcement training. I think that a situation like this resembles the Animal House scene where Kevin Bacon gets run over by the crowd - "Remain Calm, All Is Well!"

I see you are a LEO - are you given training on how many folks you can reasonably 'control' in a situation like that? Once the crowd closed I would like to think the answer is ZERO - as soon as you take someone down and attempt to cuff you are totally vulnerable to some numbnuts piling on and attempting to take your sidearm.

It wasn't like apprehending a felon, or someone who had caused injury to persons or damage to property - I think the officer at this point does what I was trained to do - be a good witness, retreat, and live. Not escalate.

Your thoughts please? Appreciate a reasoned discourse - and appreciate the work you and yours do.

In Liberty -

Sean

Nah, you're right. He should have just left when they resisted and apologized on his way out.:D That would have definitely made the situation better. :)

BTW next time I get a pulled over for speeding I'm just gonna run around the car till the LE gives up chasing and I'm gonna have a recording going so that if he lays hands on me I can sue for all the cities worth. After all it's only a speeding ticket. :D

Nah, you're right. He should have just left when they resisted and apologized on his way out.:D That would have definitely made the situation better. :)

BTW next time I get a pulled over for speeding I'm just gonna run around the car till the LE gives up chasing and I'm gonna have a recording going so that if he lays hands on me I can sue for all the cities worth. After all it's only a speeding ticket. ;)

:D

Guest db99wj

BTW next time I get a pulled over for speeding I'm just gonna run around the car till the LE gives up chasing and I'm gonna have a recording going so that if he lays hands on me I can sue for all the cities worth. After all it's only a speeding ticket. :D

Man, I really laughed out loud at that comment!

I pictured it in my mind, running around the car, and finally, the cop (I won't mention the member on here I pictured), with hands on his knees, saying "Screw it, I'm leaving..."

Guest Knightsr25

In Liberty -

Sean

Sorry,but you said the wrong thing in the wrong place. Only one sided opinions are wanted.

I pictured it in my mind, running around the car, and finally, the cop (I won't mention the member on here I pictured), with hands on his knees, saying "Screw it, I'm leaving..."

It wouldn't have taken long... :screwy:

Guest Jamie
I warned you smart ass.

Heh... and he WON'T be missed. :D:screwy:

How long did he get, anyway? Inquiring minds and nosy bastards wanna know.

J.

Guest Boogieman

That being said - if an officer roughed up one of my daughters for jaywalking - even if she was being a spoiled brat beeyatch - I would be a thorn for that department for a while....

In Liberty -

Sean

If you raise them right they won't be in this type of situation in the first place. If blame rests anywhere it rests on the parents of the loudmouthed little turds that were unable to pull their heads out of their butts and respect authority. She deserved a pop in the chops for laying her hands on an officer of the law.

Via RightWingNews

Rosenthal appeared Tuesday in King County Juvenile Court, where supporters said that she lives at the Virginia Miller House, a residential facility with behavior-modification programs for teen girls, but was in contact with her family. It's unclear why the girl is not living with her family.

King County Superior Court pro-tem Judge Ann Danieli found that Seattle police had probable cause to arrest Rosenthal for investigation of third-degree assault and obstruction. However, the judge agreed with the girl's defense attorney that she should be released ....

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Via RightWingNews

Rosenthal appeared Tuesday in King County Juvenile Court, where supporters said that she lives at the Virginia Miller House, a residential facility with behavior-modification programs for teen girls, but was in contact with her family. It's unclear why the girl is not living with her family.

King County Superior Court pro-tem Judge Ann Danieli found that Seattle police had probable cause to arrest Rosenthal for investigation of third-degree assault and obstruction. However, the judge agreed with the girl's defense attorney that she should be released ....

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Like I said, he should have knocked her out

Guest Boogieman
Via RightWingNews

Rosenthal appeared Tuesday in King County Juvenile Court, where supporters said that she lives at the Virginia Miller House, a residential facility with behavior-modification programs for teen girls, but was in contact with her family.

That knuckle sandwich sure modified her behavior. :eek:

In Liberty -

Sean

My stupid forum user name doesn't have anything do with anyone's mindset. Honestly it's just a stupid name I used back when I was 14 and I remembered it. As far as training I'm comfortable with my knowledge and abilities but I won't discuss anything related to tactics especially on an open forum. Not trying to imply we received and super secret g-14 classified stuff but just my opinion.

Being that I'm a smart--- I'm going to say very little and only on the subject of how people raise their kids these days. Granted, I don't have much room to talk being that I've never had kids, but I will say this much. From a very early my parents, my father especially made certain to instill a respect for law enforcement in me. My dad wouldn't even let me use the term "cop". He informed me that the nickname was derogatory in nature, originating from the '30s or so and used as an insult to insinuate how little police officers were made, calling them coppers implying that they were paid pennies. Even though most officers are unaware of this and use the term cop themselves it still is something I will not do. As far as being a smart--- goes I only have this to say. It's better to be a smart--- then a dumb---.

Guest Jamie
He informed me that the nickname was derogatory in nature, originating from the '30s or so and used as an insult to insinuate how little police officers were made, calling them coppers implying that they were paid pennies.

Actually, what I've heard was that the term "Cop" or "Copper" comes from the fact that English Bobbies used to have copper badges...

Never heard anything concerning pay, though it is pretty low, considering the risk.

J.

I think I've heard something about copper buttons being the origin of the nickname as well. I was speaking more to the issue of how people my generation behave. I feel like the people my age I'm surrounded by weren't ever taught right by their parents and I need to speak up when I see situations like this, so at least that way others know that not all of us are this bad, and some of us actually got punished when we did something bad. That seems to be an absurd concept to a lot of people these days.