Does anybody buy ammo online?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GlocKingTN
Just wondering if anybody bought ammo online and if so where? I've been buying 100rd boxes of .40 winchester fmj from walmart for about 20 bucks but was wondering if I could get it cheaper online.

I never have bought any online, but Im sure there are alot of places you can get it. the only thing is, the cost of the shipping would be crazy, because of the weight. Unless you bought it in bulk. Like 1000-2000 rounds! Try googling it!

I buy online occassionally... Usually for my carry ammo though. It's pretty rare to come across a worthwhile bulk target ammo sale online, when Wal-Mart or some local bulk factory-reload manufacturers are just as inexpensive, even after paying sales-tax.

Sometimes CheaperThanDirt or OutdoorMarksman will have some good deals, along with the suppliers already mentioned. I've ordered at least once from most of them, never had a bad experience... but never saved much money, either.

If you order by the case, make sure you are nice to your delivery-person... 1000rd of ammo is heavy!

Hopefully I've bought my last case, since as soon as I get everything moved in to my new house, I'll be funding a good reloading setup for the basement.

• Administrator

I've been looking at OutdoorMarksman as a source for cheap .45acp target ammo. They have some bulk brass cartridge ammo at a price point that is even cheaper than the aluminum CCI Blazer that I used this past weekend.

I hope to give them a shot (no pun intended) sometime soon.

Tungsten, OMC is a good place to buy bulk online.....Ive prolly bought 15 cases over the past few years online and bulk shipping (from OMC east coast warehouses) isn't bad at all....its actually a ****load cheaper than TAXES when buying multiple cases. So next time you're thinking about a case or 2, get with a friend or 2 and go in on a 3-6 case shipment, shipping charges will go down for you immensely.

My wife buys me presents from Bass Pro Shops. Speaking of which, I have a winchester .45 GAP if anyone wants to trade for a box of .45 ACP. I don't have a Glock Automatic Pistol caliber .45. I know I can take it back to BPS, but I figured if someone wanted to send me a box of ACP I would send them the box of GAP and it would be an even trade without me having to go to the store.

• 1 year later...
Guest jackdog

Buy quite a lot on line usually go in with my son and a friend, so we buy multi cases and get excellent shipping prices. Sp has always been cheaper than sales tax for us. Plus that is one more reason I never have to set foot in china world.

ammunitiontogo.com is the best for incendiaries!, carry, and specialty stuff. Academy is by far the best for plinking ammo in 7.62x39 ($3.89), .223 ($4.86), 9mm (Blazer) and other pistol calibres.

+1

I just bought some 9mm green tracer ammo and some 9mm Federal LE Tactical HST 147gr. HP from ammunitiontogo.com

SportsmansGuide.com and CheaperThanDirt.com are both excellent places to buy ammo. The shipping really isn't too bad......especially if you figure in the taxes you would have to pay buying locally. I just ordered some .40 Remington Golden Saber BJHP's from CheaperThanDirt and got a great deal and it was here in two days.

Guest gcrookston

I used to buy a lot of ammo on line in bulk. But the deals don't seem to be out there as much any more. I've bought from Sarco, Cheaperthandirt, Ammoman and a few others. The last I bought was two cases of GMM from Wideners that worked out to 86 cents a round including shipping earlier this year. This worked out to about $18.00/box, when the local stores carry it for $30+ a box