HCP= Awesome!

Wow!, just 'officially' got my HCP in the mail today...@ first I thought it was a speeding ticket thing (labeled Dept. of Saftey) or something,... but lo and behold what a PLEASANT SUPRISE! ( I've been secretly staring at it for the last 5 mins while my wife was talking to me about something )

Class taken: 5/29/10 (btw: BIG THANKS TO GUNS & LEATHER --- They made everything simple and easy to understand)

Fingerprint/ Paperwork: 6/3/10

Under 3 weeks! Wow, I was thinking at least a month or two! I guess I have to decide on what IWB holster to get sooner now... another welcomed task.

I haven't done my Wally world walk yet but 'All is Well' and Life is Good!

Y'all have any recommendations or advice on CCW options and Experiences ??? Holsters (Raven Concealment, Crossbreed, other?) Full size, Compact Carry... etc.

Edited by sigrug17
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe

Yes Congrats are in order. It seems they are doing things much quicker this year which is also good.

Just dont ever forget the Billboard sized responsibilty that goes with that little piece of plastic.

Stay Aware and Stay Safe

Thanks, "yes" I've been mulling over and doing some study and research for carry for about two years. What did Massad Ayoob say? "We're held to a HIGHER LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY and CARE."

Yes Congrats are in order. It seems they are doing things much quicker this year which is also good.

Just dont ever forget the Billboard sized responsibilty that goes with that little piece of plastic.

Stay Aware and Stay Safe

Guest 1817ak47

true don't forget the responsibilty that goes with it.

I didn't wally world walk at first. I was used to pocket carrying, we have had some trouble in our area, so most anytime I was outside whether mowing or working outside the house I had either a 9mm or 380 in my pocket. oh and the house behind us has 40 cal bullet holes in the back of it

I'm probably going to carry the Glock 19 around till the end of the year. I don't have an official holster for the G19 yet...just one IWB/OWB NRA one which will end up as a back-up or not..!?! Anyways I've been looking at the Crossbreed, Raven, and Comp-Tac holsters.

Just looking to get a general opinion of what y'all use, and if most eventually switch to smaller 'pocket' pistols after years of carry or just decide depending on the season?

:DWhadda ya got in mind?
I'm probably going to carry the Glock 19 around till the end of the year. I don't have an official holster for the G19 yet...just one IWB/OWB NRA one which will end up as a back-up or not..!?! Anyways I've been looking at the Crossbreed, Raven, and Comp-Tac holsters.

Just looking to get a general opinion of what y'all use, and if most eventually switch to smaller 'pocket' pistols after years of carry or just decide depending on the season?

I can't say enough good things about the Crossbreed Super Tuck. I tried several other IWB and OWB rigs and none worked for me. The leather extends farther past the hammer/beavertail to prevent gouging.

The Comp-Tac Minotaur is good too, b/c the Kydex can be interchanged to fit a different gun.

Also, take a look at the Kholster, if you like hybrids.

Yep. Quick shipping and you can't beat the price. I got an email form Jimmy at kholster.com the other day. I think they're having a sale right now. I have 2 kholsters and like them both.

Guest Glock23ForMe
I can't say enough good things about the Crossbreed Super Tuck. I tried several other IWB and OWB rigs and none worked for me. The leather extends farther past the hammer/beavertail to prevent gouging.

The Comp-Tac Minotaur is good too, b/c the Kydex can be interchanged to fit a different gun.

I own a Supertuck for my G23... I can wear my firearm all day long and sometimes forget it's there because of the level of how comfortable that the holster is.

I own a Supertuck for my G23... I can wear my firearm all day long and sometimes forget it's there because of the level of how comfortable that the holster is.

I have the same opinion of my MTAC with an XD.40sc.

A friend has a Super Tuck and he likes it a lot.

It seems to me that you won't go wrong with either.

The belt makes a big difference in how well the holster will perform. When I wear one of my softer belts, it's not as comfortable. Good stiff leather helps keep the holster in place by preventing it from sagging. It will also help keep it in place while drawing the weapon. A softer leather will have more give in it. I suppose this is true for both IWB and OWB. You can get "gun belts" made from harder leather and sometimes a kydex core, but they all look like **** to me. Plain with zero points for style. YMMV. The only time I've really considered buying a gun belt is when I've thought about the velco V-clips for added concealability, but the C-clips on my MTAC are pretty small to begin with so I haven't bothered with the Velcro yet.

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest Glock23ForMe
I have the same opinion of my MTAC with an XD.40sc.

A friend has a Super Tuck and he likes it a lot.

It seems to me that you won't go wrong with either.

The belt makes a big difference in how well the holster will perform. When I wear one of my softer belts, it's not as comfortable. Good stiff leather helps keep the holster in place by preventing it from sagging. It will also help keep it in place while drawing the weapon. A softer leather will have more give in it. I suppose this is true for both IWB and OWB. You can get "gun belts" made from harder leather and sometimes a kydex core, but they all look like **** to me. Plain with zero points for style. YMMV. The only time I've really considered buying a gun belt is when I've thought about the velco V-clips for added concealability, but the C-clips on my MTAC are pretty small to begin with so I haven't bothered with the Velcro yet.

I would never buy a gun belt, IMHO. I would rather go to Wal-Mart and spent $18.88 on a thick Wrangler belt. Thats just my :)

I would never buy a gun belt, IMHO. I would rather go to Wal-Mart and spent $18.88 on a thick Wrangler belt. Thats just my :)

Erik88 posted this link a while ago and I bought a couple of these belts. They come in brown or black....

Amish Work Belts - Brown

Great for the price. It's gonna take a couple of years just to break them in.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Erik88 posted this link a while ago and I bought a couple of these belts. They come in brown or black....

Amish Work Belts - Brown

Great for the price. It's gonna take a couple of years just to break them in.

Those have "WIN" stamped all over them.

I like the looks of a nice OWB, but the IWB works best for me. I haven't read any complaints about the leather/Kydex hybrids, so that's why I tried it. It works good with my leather "gun" belt, but even better with my reinforced instructor belt.

Guest slothful1

Under 3 weeks! Wow, I was thinking at least a month or two!

Cool. I did my fingerprints the same day your got your permit (6/23) so maybe mine will come mid-July.

Wow!, just 'officially' got my HCP in the mail today...@ first I thought it was a speeding ticket thing (labeled Dept. of Saftey) or something,... but lo and behold what a PLEASANT SUPRISE! ( I've been secretly staring at it for the last 5 mins while my wife was talking to me about something ) ... 'All is Well' and Life is Good!

Forgot to say congratulations. I remember how I felt the day mine came in the mail. You nailed the feeling..."All is well and Life is Good!"

Congrats. I use a Blackhawk Serpa when I can and the other times I use a Kholster. You cannot beat the price, shipping times, warranty, and customer service. Not to mention there are some nice discounts to be had as well. as far as belts go I use a Dickies belt from Walmart that can be had for 12 bucks and is unbelievably stiff.